Why does everyone hate white people?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Trinitron, I notice in your very first post you say "I hate being harrased and persecuted by minorities for no damn reason except that I am white."

Well, imagine how blacks and minorities have felt here for more than 200 years continuing right up to our day. If you don't like it, can't you imagine how they feel. That they cannot just forgive and forget.

It's true, ideally we would live in a world where there is no notice of cultural and racial differences. But that is not the way it has been and it would take major restructuring including changing the 'heart' of people to achieve this. We are ONE race, but this escapes most people.

EDIT: Trinitron, that is a load of BS about Florida. You are living in an Ivory Tower. Try going out with a black girl and see what happens - if you COULD. You are probably too racist yourself (I really don't know that, but I am guessing just from your 'superior' attitude.) Well, would you date a black girl?

When have LAWS even mandated how people feel about each other? Like Florida is so enlightened. It is part of the Old South.

Hawaii is the least 'racist' state I found and it is plenty racist.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
In 1983, I was giving a couple of presentations and hosting a tutorial in Dallas for the annual Meeting of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists. My supervisor and I were staying at the Dallas Hilton. We tought that getting an expensive hotel would prove better but it turned out to be an older hotel with black & white television sets for goodness sake. :Q The worst thing was that this hotel happened to be located ia a so-called 'dry' part of town, meaning that the only place you could drink was basically the hotel bar, which was expensive and full of hookers hitting on you all the time.

After a couple of days, we couldn't stand it anymore, so we ventured away and found a bar about 1 km from the hotel. It was around noon, with >100F heat and scorching sunshine. So we rushed in and it was all black inside but we heard the familiar sound of Ms. Pac-Man. So we headed to the bar to order some drinks. The barman unfolded and stood above us, a massive black man who looked like Larry Holmes, and asked us if we really wanted to be there. By that time, our eyes has just become better dark-adapted and we noticed that the place, which we had thought to be empty in the dark, was half full of black people who were staring at us.

My supervisor started speaking in his Stoke-On-Trent accent and me in my French Canadian accent and the barman smiled and told the other patrons that all was cool because we were strangers. My supervisor had graduated from the University of Liverpool and the barman had some relatives there. He offered us a round of Dos Equis on the house. We spent the afternoon there, smashing the local record on the Ms. Pac-Man machine (we had 3 games in 2 hours ;)) and guzzling beer like it was American beer ;)).

When we left, the barman said if we'd been Americans, we probably would have gotten beaten up.

That was my first experience with racism. I was 26.

The Way We Were (Barbra Streisand)

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
apoppin couldn't stand it could you, had to go on and try to get the flames going. For your damn info, last year my Freshman year in HS I liked a black girl, and no one game a damn about it, we aren't like the rest of the country here. And Florida is FILLED WITH NORTHERNERS (The Whites ones anyway) not the ancestors of former slave owners.

Yes it was sad and wrong for blacks to be persecuted back then, but niether I or my ancestors had anything to do with it, so don't try to push your self-righteos judgment on me, or try to make me feal guilty for something that I had no control over.

Yes, Florida is a much better place than most areas, I have been to every state on the East coast, and I lived in the slums of Chicago for nine years, I have seen racism buddy, you have NO idea.

When I was 6 I saw a man murdered over a race war between gangs, he was shot point blanks and I had to watch it, thats why I hate racsism, and we don't have that kind of crap where I live.

So don't try to blame me for anything, or controdict me for wanting PEACE. END OF STORY.

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
Hey Trin, I have been i your shoes, I once saw a person get &quot;wacked&quot; just because they were not of a certain race. And this was in Gadsden AL.

I am with you about racism, it has no place in this world. If two people from different races love each other, so what. If they are happy, then leave them alone. this world has too many other problems for us to concern ourselves with someone's personal life.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Trinitron,I don't want flames, I want peace also. Good for you. Just curious, did you actually go out with that black girl?

I am not trying to push any guilt on you - just wanting you to see why whites are not so easily forgiven. If you do not like static from minorities because you are white, then you should easily see why minorities do not like being second-class citizens.

And yes, it is very true that we SHOULDN'T be held responsible for what our ancestors did or did not do - it happens. My Great grandparents left europe to escape religious persecution. They were poor peasants. But, as a whole, I understand why I am included as being disliked by minorities.

I live near LA - born in East LA and I know about race riots and gang wars. But everywhere, there is this pervasive distrust and hatred of the races. Is is simmering just below the surface and can ignite with very little provocation.

Just telling it like it is, not how it should be.

People should not judge people. But they are judged. It is not a perfect world.

EDIT: ufwald, there is still absolutely NO justification whatsoever for slavery - no matter how blacks were treated they were still OWNED by whites.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Thanks ulfwald, and yes apoppin I did, and got no flack for it.

And just for the record, the LA race riot in 91 doesn't have anything on Chicago - it's like that on a day to day basis where I come from. I'm glad I don't live there any longer, who knows if I would still be alive if I did. If your considering moving to Chicago - reconsider.

Oh and apoppin, this is uncalled for. You are probably too racist yourself. I won't let you draw me into a flame war becuase frankly your not worth the time, but it's nice to know that I understand how you think now. Disagre = Flame him.

And just becuase I call other races minorities, doesn't mean I think I am supirior - I am probobly the least racist person you could ever know. I use that term because it's MATHMATICLE.

Ulfwald

May 27, 2000
No flames from me, just wanting to get my dollars worth out of this discussion while putting in my $.02. I have dated some one from another race, she had more problems with it than I did. So hated being accused of wanting to be white. She has since gotten over that, and is now married to my best friend. Good couple too.

I have never viewed anyone as second class, unless their actions deemed it.

So far, this thread seems to have stayed on topic, and fairly civil. So far so good.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Trinitron, you glossed right over my disclaimer: &quot;I really don't know that, I am just guessing from your 'superior' attitude.&quot;

And I do believe your superior attitude is part of the problem why minorities hate the whites. You feel that somehow they should just forgive and forget; that Florida is really non-racist.

My whole point is that minorities are STILL being treated as second class citizens. By refusing to recognize that you are contributing to the problem. Yes, it is living in an ivory tower to not have empathy. You do not like being treated poorly - neither do they. You are suffering injustice for a brief moment - enough to post this topic, yet you cannot feel for the people who are treated this way every day of their lives. Maybe they should just get over it.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Yeah, I know more white arses then of any other race - thats probobly becuase there are more of us though, being 65% of the pop.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
yet you cannot feel for the people who are treated this way every day of their lives. Maybe they should just get over it.

apoppin THATS why I started this thread, becuase I hate racism! I will quote myself! I hate racism, I said this in many of my messages already.

And it's not up to you how I think and feel! I hate racism because it's wrong, period. Now I have said my peace, so stop trying to get me to retaliate against you. It's clear your just looking for a fight, becuase you keep saying I am racist and do not care about blacks, but I'm not going to give you that fight buddy. I'll ignor all your future negative posts.

Ulfwald

May 27, 2000
I am with you on that opinion Red. I have known quite a few a$$holes in all races. My question is: How do you deal with one when you meet them?

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
I got beat up almost everyday when I was 4, because I was a &quot;beloved patriot&quot;. At age 5, a grandmother with her grandchildren, told her grandchildren to stop playing with me, because...&quot;he killed your grandpa in the big war&quot; or something to that effect.

I hate racism...I hate people telling me that old people can call me a nip, beloved patriot, beloved patriot, because they served in the war. So sitting with my friend listening to his grandpa go on and on about, this beloved patriot killed so and so, and i killed the beloved patriot cause he was a beloved patriot...something along the lines of...&quot;blah blah blah beloved patriot, blah blah blah beloved patriot...blah blah blah nip...blah blah blah, are you listening to me, beloved patriot?&quot; I'm tired of it...just because some men were told by their stupid leader to do a nasty dead against a fellow human being, ALL asians, and some minorities are oppressed. Just recently, American Soldiers were found out to have killed innocent people in a village, because they looked suspicious. Where is that story today?

This is how the news went on the announcement of that &quot;Hi I'm katie Couric&quot; &quot;and I'm matt lauer&quot; &quot;Darva Conger...&quot; &quot;Hugh Hephner announced...&quot; Then towards the end of the show, &quot;Hi I'm willard scott...umm...Korean...butchered? Ah hell, we've got a woman here...104yrs old! Not a commie bone in her! Great smile...did I mention, it's okay for her to call asians, nips because her husband's buddy died in world war II at the hands of those...savage...wtf...Anne...help me out here, you're a beloved patriot...(anne says, japanese)...that's right...the Country of Ohsosorry...I mean come on who cares...a beloved patriot is a beloved patriot&quot;

I'm not racist...I just hate this, &quot;A 6'4&quot; BLACK man...&quot; crap. We have designations for eye color...hair color...why the hell can't we have a designation for skin color. Just call him a dark skinned man. Sigh...came here after I got flamed for telling someone off about calling people Japanese Japs. For Pete sake...where the f*ck are my chopsticks...&quot;Ohmesosorry , me love you long time...&quot;

I smell signs of, &quot;No way in hell are going to be a senior member&quot;

Paul

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Trinitron, I read what you are printing out but I get the meaning that you hate racism especially when it is directed against you a bit more than when directed against others by people of your color.

Everything you are saying says to me that you cannot understand why minorities are not as enlightened as you are. That you cannot understand why you were picked out as a target just because you are white. That you personally have nothing to do with persecuting other minorities. That the state of Florida is so enlightened. That we in other states should get our act together and be as you are.

Well, that is a superior attitude - what minorities &quot;feel&quot; from you and part of what they dislike about whites.

EDIT: Feel free to ignore all my 'negative' posts because they don't fit in with your perception of the world. But in my last one you have the answer to your topic's question.

Ulfwald

May 27, 2000
<I'm not racist...I just hate this, &quot;A 6'4&quot; BLACK man...&quot; crap. We have designations for eye color...hair color...why the hell can't we have a designation for skin color. Just call him a dark skinned man. >

SuperGroove

Back when I was younger, this is how we who are not racist refered to African Americans, sorry if you took offense, I was just relating a story. Also, a dark-skiined man was a Native American. Times change, and so do terms, words and their meanings.

What I can't stand is today's double standard, a person of color can refer to another person of color as a N*******. (I TRULY HATE THAT WORD) But you let someone outside that race do it, and they are lible to get beat, or worse.

If you took time to read my previous post, then you will see that I have no room in my world for racism, or hate based on being different. It is ones actions that either earn my respect, or my disgust.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Well I usualy don't refer to people by color, becuase I know that it's not the color that counts. When I lived in Chicago I would though. What was confusing was some people would get mad if you called them black, so I figure ok I won't call you that. So the next dude I call Africican American, and then he gets angry! Arg! What do you want me to call you. My friend George (prolly my best bud back then) just told me to not call them by color at all, that was when I was eight years old.

So now, I don't refer to people by color unless I have to, and most people around where I live do the same. We're all equal, so be happy.

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
I was once told I was racist because my dog was all white :D I had to ask the person to leave because they were sucking up all the ignorance and stupidity in the room.

Ulfwald

May 27, 2000
Well, I have a black lab, or should I call him an African american lab?

See how stupid some of this pc bs is?

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Right on...you said the magic word Trinitron...

EQUALITY.

Here in Colorado, there is tension when a man not of caucasion descent(how do you like how I put that:D), is in the room. When will it end...oh well.

Screw the FREE ISP...

EQUALITY
EQUALITY

Rage against the Machine...wtf are they? Their cause is old...let's here some music that fights back against the ignorant, who cannot accept the minority, as brothers...as fellow human beings. Screw music...let's go Barbara Walters style:D &quot;Hewoh, this is Babawa Walters...and this is Twenty Twenty...Our first story...What started as a chant of Equality on the message boards of the internet website, Anandtech, became a full blown $1 Billion dollar industry, ranging from Mohawked multicolored Teletubbies which represented Unity, to the mainstream movies, starring Chow Yun Fat, Morgan Freeman, and Jay and Silent Bob(had to mention them, they're funny), entitled, &quot;Snootchie Bootchies, screw Rascism...long live Equality&quot;.

Hehe...in the end, almost everything becomes commercialized.

Paul

We are the world, we are the children, we are the world, so make a better place..

Would you like to know more?

Ulfwald

May 27, 2000
OK, so most of us here can agree on several things:

1: Racism is SUCK

2: Judge a person by his/her actions, not by color of skin......

3: Equality for everyone

4: If you encounter stupidity, then ignore it unless it directly affects you.

Dat

Jan 14, 2000
I am sure that every race has also asked why white people hate every other color.
History's funny.
I try to hate every race equally.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Hey yakko: I got the recipe from the book &quot;1001 Ways to Serve Your Fellow Man&quot;.

Awkward time around the dinner table, though, is when you ask, &quot;Who's for desert?&quot;

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
i just abhor hatred in general. black, white, purple, pink, the skin is just skin.

note: i hate stupid people, so... i am a bigot too. :p

anyway, some people have trouble letting go, but that comment just made no sense trinitron.

if you look at the situation in south africa now, they are in a situation (though much more severe) that caused the formation of the KKK.

an eye for an eye does make the world go blind, and many have been blinded ... killed, mamed, raped, murdered, beaten, robbed...... ... ... :|

inasmuch as I am in awe of the abilities of mankind, we still have a long journey ahead of us should we ever even meet the next level (only a few know what I mean).

as &quot;rare&quot; as situations like these are, i was &quot;confronted&quot; about the korean war within 10 years ago, by this guy that does not even know me. not knowing, myself, about the korean war, I said I was chinese (i am 20 now, btw), and the guy said &quot;oh&quot; and some crap... the guy was around the age of a child of an old korean vet, or a grandchild of a korean vet.

as for the letting go, that's why we still have conflicts around the world whose parties are better off letting go, as the reasons for conflict are childish and insanely picky...

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
i think the moderators will allow a discussion of racism...

just don't post a thread stating, I hate black people, or I hate white people.

in fact, I think if I started a thread, I hate stupid people, that it'd be locked...

but then, it depends on what the message was :p

------

being proud of what you are is fine, hating someone for what they are (instead of who they are) is something all together different. white supremacy is not necessarily a bad thing (not that I am calling anyone here that specifically) but white supremacy has a reputation for hating those that are not white. and therein lies the racism.

as far as I am concerned, am i proud I am chinese, not really, i have not been raised chinese. do i hate the fact that i am chinese, well, of course not, that'd be stupid. i am proud that i am human. and I am sure my fellow human beings are glad they did not get born a cow or a monkey.

humans rock :D