Why does Colin Powell hate America and freedom so much?

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
I was listening to Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity yesterday and almost laughing out loud at their wailing against the CNN reporter that called Iraq a civil war. Hannity, moreso than Ingraham, was babbling about how CNN was defiling America and its freedoms because it was aiding the enemy in describing it in such a reckless, unethical manner.

Then I read this article where Colin Powell states:

?I would call it a civil war,? Powell told a business forum in the United Arab Emirates. ?I have been using it (civil war), because I like to face the reality,? added Powell.

But, almost on queue, our fearless leader has yet to look reality in the face and come away with the same conclusion that a vast majority of people are able to see:

President Bush denied on Tuesday that sectarian violence had reached the scale of civil war. He said the latest wave of violence was part of a 9-month-old pattern of attacks by al Qaida militants aimed at fomenting sectarian tension.

Unless the Dems in Congress can relegate him to a complete lame duck, we are still in a heap of trouble for two more years. :(

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Colin Powell is an enemy of America.
I wonder if he is on the "no-fly" list yet?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Coming from a GWB administration full of liars---anyone who speaks the truth had to go.---one good apple can literally spoil a whole barrel of rotten ones.

I am no big Colin Powell fan---but when Powell was clearly the best in the bunch---its a sad comentary on the whole administration.

Nor do I agree that Iraq is in a civil war yet---when it is we will all know it---and the question will become can we get our troops out alive?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
He's just asking to be sent to Gitmo. Maybe he's already on that Terror groups list the president makes up that was declared unconstitutional earlier this week as well. ;)

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
It is a civil war, we just cannot stop it and dont want to use the word.
See: "US verbage and Genocide in Rwanda"
Also see the history of basically ALL civil wars between ethnic groups in africa post independance. The exact same events are occuring.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
I was listening to Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity yesterday and almost laughing out loud at their wailing against the CNN reporter that called Iraq a civil war. Hannity, moreso than Ingraham, was babbling about how CNN was defiling America and its freedoms because it was aiding the enemy in describing it in such a reckless, unethical manner.
Well, your first mistake would have been expecting anything rational from anything on Faux.
Then I read this article where Colin Powell states:

?I would call it a civil war,? Powell told a business forum in the United Arab Emirates. ?I have been using it (civil war), because I like to face the reality,? added Powell.

But, almost on queue, our fearless leader has yet to look reality in the face and come away with the same conclusion that a vast majority of people are able to see:

President Bush denied on Tuesday that sectarian violence had reached the scale of civil war. He said the latest wave of violence was part of a 9-month-old pattern of attacks by al Qaida militants aimed at fomenting sectarian tension.

Unless the Dems in Congress can relegate him to a complete lame duck, we are still in a heap of trouble for two more years. :(
Which is exactly why the Democratic majority need to investigate what this administration has been doing, including the truth about how we got into this war, who has been lying about it, who has been cooking the intelligence and who has been profiteering from it. It has to be done not in any way be described as a "witch hunt," but with honest, open, above board hearings to bring the truth to the American people.

If the facts are as I believe them to be, this entire adminstration should be tried for treason and murder. I think they're guilty of treason for starting a war based on lies and I don't mean just "faulty" intelligence. The worst faulty intelligence is between Bushie's ears.

I also think they should be tried for the murder of every American who has died in Iraq because they started a war with callous indifference and wreckless disregard for the fact that their war had the foreseeable consequense of American deaths.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
It's been a civil war for most of the year now. It's hard to get the reality of what's going on when all our news comes from embedded reporters and the Administration.

"If they can't characterize what's going on in Iraq in an honest
fashion, we can't begin to address the problem"

- retired Gen. Barry R. McCaffrey, on Bush administration refusal to
use the term "civil war" in reference to Iraq

"If it's a civil war and only a small portion of it involves al-Qaeda
operatives, then it's suddenly not the central front in the war on
terror, it's a struggle by Iraqis for political power. That means the
rationales for this are severely undercut."

- Sen. Jack Reed, of the Armed Services Committee

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Only if Colin Powell had been less of a yes man we may have avoided much of what has transpired...

/but Colin is a "team player" - all the way back to My Lai....

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
If it is not a civil war then neither was the affair back in India between the Hindu and Muslim.. but the only way to settle both was or is to separate the factions..
Like Mountbatten (and his plenipotentiary power) create a home land for each sect.. three I'd assume and split the oil revenue amongst the three in some fashion.. Of course Turkey won't much go for a Kurdistan.. but seems the only viable solution.. At least no one will have to involve Iranian sponsored terrorism to get their way.. each will get their way..