Why does a new annoying tip thread spawn every few months?

Triforceofcourage

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2004
It seems like every few months some jackass creates a thread about tipping and then that attracts the jackasses who oppose his view. Then you have a thread full of jackasses.
That is all :)

Triforce

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Every time I see your title I think of that response in your car dealership thread...

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
i think it's entertaining

anyway it's because we have a few people here with very strong views on the subject ("mommyslittlemonster" and "nik" comes to mind). whenever an argument seems to shift in either direction, it attracts those people and then it explodes

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: jagec
Every time I see your title I think of that response in your car dealership thread...

What did I miss jagec? :confused:

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Its definately is the most annoying topic ever.
-You have the people who eats out alot or people that are in the industry will argue why TIPPING is a custom.
-Then you have the cheap people or white trash people who feel TIPPING is outrageous and these people should get a real job and not one that pays $2.50 + tipping.

You have the same crap arguement over and over.

My view is simple....if you don't like tipping, there are plenty of restaurants that do not require tipping. If you do eat at a full service restaurant and get good service...tip at least 15%.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Triforceofcourage
It seems like every few months some jackass creates a thread about tipping and then that attracts the jackasses who oppose his view. Then you have a thread full of jackasses.
That is all :)

Triforce

If you weren't such a n00b, you'd notice much more redundancy than that.