why do you drink?

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
i don't so, would you care to enlighten me?

of course i am referring to alcohol.

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000
Very good question
even thought it taste horrible
some drink so they would forget about their problems

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000
You see what I mean
Some are even proud that they started drinking in the first place.
We all know it bad, it just that some people don't care.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Hey Hyper, sure YOU'RE not drunk? ...or stoned? Not only is your spelling and grammar all messed up, but so is your sentence formatting!!

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
You'll have to forgive Hyper99...he means well but his native language is not english.

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000
hmm really?
didn't notice that myself
very sorry I am just not very good at english
hehehe

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000
The problem is that I say so much that I tend to give myself away.
If I make it short and easy then you wouldn't be able to tell would you?

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
Hyper99 you are far ahead of me in the fact that I can only speak and write one language. so dont be discouraged.

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000
I see, I think that I say so much that it become difficult to understand regardless how good you are at English.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Alcohol tastes good, done right. Can't stand the hard stuff straight up though. Don't really see a point in that.

Yeah I'm a sissy, I only like mixes. :)

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
I don't always drink to get drunk, I like the taste of beer. I will have just one drink for the same reason red does, cuz it tastes good. Like with dinner, i'll crack a beer and just have that one. Or I'll go to a bar and hang out, and just have a drink or two.

But at the same time, i like to drink cuz it's fun to get drunk with your friends. Getting sloppy and doing silly sh|t is a good time. The hangover can be a bitch tho,:) drink some water :). Part of the rite of passage into adulthood; not for everyone, but I'd say for probably a majority of young people.

But like all things, it should be in moderation. I know I have friends that have alcoholic tendencies, it's easy to see. I always keep an eye out to make sure they haven't passed out drunk or are getting too beligerent.

no more rambling.

late.

TDP

Stosh

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
I like beer because it tastes good. I like bourbon because it gives me a buzz. I get up at 4:30am, I work all day. After I pick up my son and maybe stop at the store. I go home and pick up the house a bit. Get dinner going, grab a beer, maybe a shot somedays, some days not.
The wife gets home about 6:15 and has a glass of merlot. We have a nice dinner. I usually then play with my son, maybe hop on the computer. I think it's a pretty good stress reliever. As long as you don't over do it. A drink or two a day is pretty much all I have.

I like to have a few drinks on a Saturday night, maybe play some UT.
It's just not a big deal.

LED

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Cause it's something to do and relax when I have no place to go/drive...

Dritzen

Jul 2, 2000
Hyper99, how many languages can you speak? I'm 18, I can speak four.
English (native), french (I'm Canadian, so it's next to native), Japanese, and Chinese.

Not too shabby.

stomp

Oct 9, 1999
Why do I drink...?

Because I don't know when my next fix will be, so might as well consume a bunch before the luster of underage drinking expires in 5 months.

I drink because I'm bored. I smoke because I need something to do. I'm a lazy man... thus, I need fixes that are easier than exercise, and less healthy than fatty foods.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
the taste of alcohol makes me gag. beer makes me spit, and alcohol in cough medication is the worst. i can actually stand cough medication without alcohol though.