Why do ultra liberal types hate walmart but not amazon?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I never questioned the validity of what you said.

Stop stroking your neckbeard so much, you may develop a rash.

I'm sure that site is COMPLETELY factual. None of those were made up, and the stats were gathered in an orderly, fair fashion.

...Or anyone here can take a look in their local Walmart and easily deduce who the hell votes liberal vs. conservative ;)

You guys need to huddle together before you post.

Also, realclearpolitics is a right leaning site lol

Feb 6, 2007
I'm sure that site is COMPLETELY factual. None of those were made up, and the stats were gathered in an orderly, fair fashion.

...Or anyone here can take a look in their local Walmart and easily deduce who the hell votes liberal vs. conservative ;)

Anecdotal evidence is always preferable to statistics. If statistics wanted to be believable, why don't they agree with my preconceived notions?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I really don't see how the two lines you bolded are related. At all.

One of you is snarkily accusing me of giving shoddy proof while the other is vehemently denying it and pointing out how 'emotional' i am.

In any case, it's a dumb remark, i'm not emotional AND i'm factually right.

Stephen Colbert was right, liberals think with their brain while conservatives think with their gut.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
quite a bit of walmarts merchandise is just plain crap, it falls apart in short order, the meat sucks. basically you get what you pay for. I spend a little more and get better quality elsewhere.

plus walmart generally doesn't carry local products, my favorite taco mix, which is made in Kansas City surprisingly, isn't carried there. most the national brands are bland and I like it a bit spicier. If I want to get it a have to go somewhere else.

Last edited:

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
(1) Costco has significantly fewer employees for amount of retail space
Dunno if that's true or not, but even if it's true, it seems the Costco employees are much more capable then, or else are managed much better. I am not a member of Costco, but my friends are and sometimes I go with them on their membership. The shopping experience is much, much nicer at Costco.

And the sad part is that Costco isn't even a "luxury" shopping experience. It's just half-decent.... while shopping at Wal-Mart is decidedly uber low end.

Usually I'm a cheapskate and will drive a block over to save $2 at another store. However, that's not the case with Wal-Mart. I have to save much more before I consider shopping there, which is why I generally only get formula and diapers there. It really is that irritating to shop at Wal-Mart.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Dunno if that's true or not, but even if it's true, it seems the Costco employees are much more capable then, or else are managed much better. I am not a member of Costco, but my friends are and sometimes I go with them on their membership. The shopping experience is much, much nicer at Costco.

And the sad part is that Costco isn't even a "luxury" shopping experience. It's just half-decent.... while shopping at Wal-Mart is decidedly uber low end.

Usually I'm a cheapskate and will drive a block over to save $2 at another store. However, that's not the case with Wal-Mart. I have to save much more before I consider shopping there, which is why I generally only get formula and diapers there. It really is that irritating to shop at Wal-Mart.

So basically Walmart gets what it pays for in terms of employees.

Or maybe better put: Walmart shops at Walmart for its employees :p

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I hate walmart because the service is bad, there's always long lines, and the stores are often dirty/messy and loud.

I like amazon because they have good customer service.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
i don't hate walmart, i just hate going in there because of the people in there. it also smells funny. i guess lower class people just have an odor to them.

x2

Smell has everything to do with their products and very little to do with people.

It's FILLED with plastic chinesse crap, you get hit with that when you step in.