Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp which no decent human being would eat?

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred
Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp which no decent human being would eat?

:Q??

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
You know, that is a good question...I hope someone can answer it, because I sure can't...maybe some things need such a heat setting. I haven't seen anything like that yet though...

gbz

Nov 28, 2002
My ex girlfriends dad would always burn the Hell out of his toast. It was desgusting. what was worse was when i would be over there and i would make toast not realizing that it was set that way.

Radiohead

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2001
Because I demad the option to burn my toast if I want!

I will not confirm to this uniform single setting for my toast... FREEDOM!!!

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002
I love that chocolate milk commercial where the salesman is showing the woman a toaster and he says,

"It also has a cancel button, in case you don't want toast."

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
I always store my bread in the freezer. When I want some toast, I get two slices out, put it on that setting, and voila, toasted bread that you couldn't tell was frozen!

Bread doesn't keep long enough when placed outside or in the fridge.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: BlipBlop
I always store my bread in the freezer. When I want some toast, I get two slices out, put it on that setting, and voila, toasted bread that you couldn't tell was frozen!

Bread doesn't keep long enough when placed outside or in the fridge.

Aha! I guess it right! :D ...back to my boring life...

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
It's nice not to be limited that way, you know? I can't imagine any situation where it would be imperative, or even advantageous to cook toast to such a degree, but what if you needed to, and the option wasn't available? What if a burglar broke into your house, and put a gun to your head, and said to you, "Make me burned the fvck up toast or I'll shoot!"? What then? Now do you see the value of working with an open-ended scale?

snooker

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2001
Originally posted by: BoYRaCeR
Just like how we have cars that can go twice the speed limit... :confused: i hate that one...

LOL!! Good Point.... I have always wondered myself if you can only do 70 at the fastest anywhere (On Interstates) then why do all cars go well over that? I think it is because if they started making them to not go over the top speed allowed, imagine all that income that the government would lose from not writing near as many speeding tickets.....

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
can you really defrost bread in the toaster?

I would be a tad uneasy defrosting my toast in a toaster. Water+heating elements = shock

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
if the toast is burned.. i just put tons of peanut butter on there. it's actually very good.

i actually like toast burned.
which is why my toaster oven pisses me off.. crank it right to the end to "dark" and it's hard to get it golden brown.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
well the cars some people race them:D

Some people drive abroad and can go faster. Not quite so valid in the states as your hardly going to take your car in to the autobahn!

In England you can get over the channel and do that route:D

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
well if its a toaster oven its for other stuff like a slice of pizza .... but a regualar toaster i guess u can put frozen bread or bagles?