Why do the Democrats think siding with the French is a ticket to the Whitehouse?

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I'm not Bushes biggest fan but I hardly think this nonsense about bad intelligence is going to win any Democrat a spot in the Whitehouse. Like it or not, he's already had somebody jump on the grenade so it seems fairly pointless to continue on this vector. It's no Watergate or even Whitewater.

The French learned a hard lesson and it seems the Democrats want some of that same misery. No wonder the Democrats can't raise any real campaign money. Who wants to back a party who's best chance of winning is Al Sharpton?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Are you joking. Tenent is already reported not to have seen the speech at all and also that three months earlier he did have removed from a speech the exact same bs. Also we have to find out who stuck that crap in the speech, who war the author of that part. Most important of all is to discover who did the forgery and if paid by whom. When a politician says something is over it's just begun. take a look at how hard Whitewater was to launch.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Just remember, Moonbeam, France is now part of the Axis of Evil. You don't want to be an evil person, do you?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Why do the Democrats think siding with the French is a ticket to the Whitehouse?

Why do Republicans think attacking our allies (who it now appears were right from the start) is a ticket to the White House?

Oh, I know the answer to my question. Because there are Americans stupid enough to fall for this BS.

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
what i think is so hypocritical is that these bush-lovers, when they hear that iraqis are protesting about us and want us out, they say "good going, that's why we freed them, let them protest, they have that freedom now", but when they hear that france protests against them, they say "we freed them, how dare they do this to us?"

i think the iraqis will soon learn the cost of their freedom: a demand for eternal bootlicking and tailwagging.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Why do Republicans think attacking our allies (who it now appears were right from the start) is a ticket to the White House?

Oh, I know the answer to my question. Because there are Americans stupid enough to fall for this BS.

how were they right? please enlighten me.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
My view is this. At the end of the day, Iraq will be a wash politically. It will be down to the economy, or at least the perception of the economy.