Why do some sellers not accept credit-card PayPal?

Desslok

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
The main reason I have seen is the fee that Paypal charges for CC transactions.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
what's "credit-card PayPal"? Are you asking about credit cards and Paypal, or Paypal credit cards or what? Come on people, learn to write English.

SoylentGreen

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: notfred
what's "credit-card PayPal"? Are you asking about credit cards and Paypal, or Paypal credit cards or what? Come on people, learn to write English.
Maybe learn to read it.
Two people have understood, as has I.

It is because of the fee.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: dudleydocker
Is it because the buyer can retract the payment if they have a dispute?:confused:

I do not receive cc paypal for 2 reasons:
1) There are a lot of fraudulent transactions and paypal payments get retracted, this is AFTER I have sent the item and it has been received.
2) Fees suck.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
I'm sure he is talking about funds that come from a credit card, as opposed to funds that come from the balance of the Paypal account.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

it makes sense to me. Then again, i dont bitch every time something doesnt exactly fit into what I believe everything should look like. For the love of god stop whining.

dudleydocker, I do not accept CC-paypal funds because of the fees they charge.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

It's actually quite clear:

Credit card PayPal = Fees
Non-CC PayPal = No fees

Viper GTS

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: dudleydocker
Is it because the buyer can retract the payment if they have a dispute?:confused:

I do not receive cc paypal for 2 reasons:
1) There are a lot of fraudulent transactions and paypal payments get retracted, this is AFTER I have sent the item and it has been received.
2) Fees suck.

yep. I concur...

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
a "personal" account cannot accept CC paypal, so if they take it, they have to upgrade to a premier account which has a different fee structure

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: mpitts
I'm sure he is talking about funds that come from a credit card, as opposed to funds that come from the balance of the Paypal account.

Ok, I guess it makes sense that he's talking about accepting credit card payments through paypal, but I honestly couldn't tell that from the title.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I just flat out don't take pay pal. Bah humbug!

And I have had quite a few deals fall through because of that. Call me lowtec, but I still prefer getting a MO over any other form of payment.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: FoBoT
a "personal" account cannot accept CC paypal, so if they take it, they have to upgrade to a premier account which has a different fee structure

That's why if I receive a credit card Paypal payment after I have expressly stated NON-CREDIT CARD PAYPAL I decline the transaction and send a "you're a fscking idiot" e-mail.

dudleydocker

Golden Member
Jul 5, 2000
<<"I'm sure he is talking about funds that come from a credit card, as opposed to funds that come from the balance of the Paypal account. ">>

bingo.

thanks for the answers, too. I'm happy now.
:)

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: FoBoT

That's why if I receive a credit card Paypal payment after I have expressly stated NON-CREDIT CARD PAYPAL I decline the transaction and send a "you're a fscking idiot" e-mail.

that happens ALL the time too. freaking ebay idiots.

Radiohead

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2001
Whoa, I had a dream a few months ago about this thread....

I can see into the future :Q

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
Mainly to protect against fraudelent transactions. Trying to keep from having to upgrade from a personal account to a premier account is silly if you sell on Ebay. I think you are limited to just $100 a month in transactions.

Sal

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: TheEvil1
Originally posted by: mpitts
They don't want to pay transaction fees.

exactly. i dont wanna give them my damn hard earned money

But you want them to provide you with service for free?

yes adn they do. if i wanted to accept CC id pay them. but seeing as most peopel can do it either way its fine. if i buy form someoen that only takes CC paypal. ill send them a check

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
But you want them to provide you with service for free?

Why not? Paypal is the one that sets the fee structure for the basic account, i.e. there are no fees. Why pay if you don't have to. I have no particular interest in how well off Paypal is, or even if the service continues. MO and a stamp still works just fine.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I believe he was asking why more merchants don't take Paypal, like Tiger Direct et al...

Merchants incur fees processing standard credit cards too, more if they are virtual and don't have a storefront (brick-n-mortar) .

I am very interested in this too, as I have been contacted by Paypal just this AM about my site accepting Paypal. Now that Ebay owns them, I will have a listen.