Why do some balding men pick the "friar" look?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yours truly

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2006
you can buy wahl balding clippers that cut to grade zero. ive got a pair, and you've got to careful with them, otherwise they'll cut you're head instead of you're hair!

boredhokie

May 7, 2005
Originally posted by: AntisociaL
I work with a guy who wears a hat everyday to hide his skirted egg .You would not even know he was bald on top.

Well, other than the hat..

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Honestly the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title, then saw that it was posted by Freedomsbeat, was, "Wait... doesn't he have a friar hairstyle??"

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
Honestly the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title, then saw that it was posted by Freedomsbeat, was, "Wait... doesn't he have a friar hairstyle??"

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I saw an older man at the gym today throwing hoops. I'd seen him before but it hadn't ever occured to me that he was wearing a toupe until I got to watching him(what can I say... cardio is boring, heh) and the sweatier he got the worse it looked. :laugh:

I'm not even close to balding but if I ever do go bald I will just shave that shiz off and deal with it. I can't even imagine having to deal with a rug.