Why do people poop on countries that they have never been to?

kyrax12

Platinum Member
May 21, 2010
It seems that the U.S get a lot of shit from people living in other well developed countries. Though, I would think that most of the people that shit on other countries haven't even been to that particular country.

Last edited:

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
"why do people ______ when they've never ________ ?"

I don't know why some people choose to live under self imposed limitations, maybe because it's easier.

wabbitslayer

Dec 2, 2012
I have tried very hard to poop on countries I've never been to, but no matter how much ex-lax and sour milk I chug, I just can't get it to go more than a few feet.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
This thread is fail. I've never been to Russia, which by most standards is a developed country, and yet I consider the place a shithole and have no desire to ever visit for any reason. I could probably be persuaded, but it would require a lot of money. Personally the record-setting tyranny, corruption, and poor quality of life really kill it for me. Russia is a bit of an unusual case, but I have no desire to visit China because of very similar reasons, and the same goes for some developed countries in SE Asia, for example.

On the other hand I can think of a lot of countries I've never been to but wouldn't mind staying in for at least a little while, such as most of W Europe, Brazil, Argentina, Japan, Australia, and maybe S Korea.

Also, I have been to Moldova and the Ukraine, and after seeing Kiev I really don't want to know what Russia is like. Interesting history and culture, but what a fucking mess.

PingviN

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2009
No other country get so much global attention as the US. We probably have a much better idea of what's going on over there than you got on what's going on over here.

Jay5

Jan 28, 2013
because people are stupid and only look at the mainstream media's view of the country.take russia for example,the media had to make the country look bad because of there stance on gays

i guess i speak from an american point of view though

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
because people are stupid and only look at the mainstream media's view of the country.take russia for example,the media had to make the country look bad because of there stance on gays

Judging by your marginal coherence, terrible writing skills, and references to conspiracies and "the mainstream media", it's more likely that you simply speak from an unhinged point of view. Eat your pills and get back with us tomorrow.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Mark Twain once said,
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.”

I believe over 60% of Americans have never traveled out of the USA. Granted we do have a very large country, but when most people put Disney World as their place to vacation I think they need to get a little culture. My brother falls right into this category. The only places that he's been to is Disney World and Las Vegas. If he enjoys himself then I guess it's fine, but why do you have to visit Disney World every god damn year?

Anyway, most Americans don't know squat when it comes to other countries. Other countries aren't exempt. They also harbour prejudice behavior. When I was in South Korea it seemed that they only knew what Americans were like by watching our movies and TV shows. I'm only 5"10 and I weigh 185lbs. When I'd meet a South Korean person they would tell me that they thought all Americans were ignorant, big, and fat.

Jay5

Jan 28, 2013
Judging by your marginal coherence, terrible writing skills, and references to conspiracies and "the mainstream media", it's more likely that you simply speak from an unhinged point of view. Eat your pills and get back with us tomorrow.

conspiracys,lol ok.come back to me when you wake up and relize the mainstream media for the most part nowadays is just brain washing people into continuing there support for the liberal agenda

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
conspiracys,lol ok.come back to me when you wake up and relize the mainstream media for the most part nowadays is just brain washing people into continuing there support for the liberal agenda

I'll be sure to look you up if I ever develop a brain lesion.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
All I can says is I've been to Cuba and Venezuela, two countries that constantly poop on the US. They've got nothing to brag about since their respective revolutions.

Not a fan of the US either lately, but I've been there so I can poop on them. My issue is not with the people or culture but the gross level of stupidity and arrogance in their government. Something few Yanks would disagree with at this point.

Jay5

Jan 28, 2013
I'll be sure to look you up if I ever develop a brain lesion.

you should learn how to spell correctly before you insult other peoples intelligence.at least i know what a spell check is,something your developed brain obviously doesnt use

wabbitslayer

Dec 2, 2012
To watery, you need some cheese for greater density.

sort of what I was suspecting, been trying to obtain a sufficient level of explosiveness but can't get the trajectory and spray pattern right. Hard to get a decent grouping at more than a few yards.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
you should learn how to spell correctly before you insult other peoples intelligence.at least i know what a spell check is,something your developed brain obviously doesnt use

Please accept this humble .gif in lieu of a traditional rebuttal, good sir.
nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
There is a saying of "the ugly American" and I am not talking about the look.

<<<--- has been to numerous countries in Asia, Australia, South America. Next stop, Europe and Africa.

Last edited:

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004

hmmm...

I guess in your defense, "there" passes a spell checker.