why do people (here) hate hillary so much?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
a) She is a hardcore commie liberal
b) She desperately desires power. How does that saying go, 'those who desire authority are the least suited to do so'
c) She is a pathological liar
d) She is a crook (whitewater, various scams by her legal firm, etc)
e) She is supported by the Chinese government
f) She is a mean, heartless bitch (read testimonials by secret service agents during the clinton years)

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
My mother inlaw very old. Just had a small heartattack. Doctors insisted on in home nurse or retirement home. Her family and her decided to go rest home.

We got a notice that we have 6 months to sell all her properties and turn the proceeds over to them .

So they take her SS. all her medicare and have taken A lifetime of savings from her. Welcome to the Far left. The peoples party . The working mans party. When is the left going to get it right. Work your entire life only to have nursing homes swindle the old out of their life time savings.

Than when I seen the people that worked their It truely angred me. Many can't take care of their own kids . Let alone a old adult. Most in this rest home also are drug users, speaking of the care providers.

Its a shame . I wonder given enough rope how far the left will go.

Yesterday I watched a program on Evolution vs. Creationist. We have all heard the arguments. I personnelly could careless about what someone other than my family believes. The thing that struck me about the programm was this.

The creationist were friendly well manered and were not tring to convert anyone. They know persons like Gould from Harvard have problem with what others believe .

If any seen the program please jump in. The evolutionist were ill mannered. Said horriable things about creationist. Their whole outlook was defensive in nature just the polar opposit of the creationist. Evolutionist feel a need to convert the world to its belief. God is a threat to them . As one of them said . To many died over religion. Its got to go befor we can have piece. Religion has nothing to do with God or creation . Religion was invented by man to control man . Thats not to say their isn't a God. But a little understanding goes along way.

Anyway I walked away from watching said program. With this thought in mind.

Why don't the creationist act as badly as the evolutionist.

1) Creationist are more concerned with saving there own souls befor they save someone elses. So they tend not to care what Evolutionist say or think other than the fact that Evolutionist wants their believes taught in school creationist just want both sides of the story told.

The Creationist aren't tring to change the lefts mind . They just want = teaching time. Creationist believe when talking to Evolutionist not to try in sway their thought on evolution . As they know these people have lost their souls.

2). Evolutionist are tring to change creationist minds . In order to save the world from religion . Well when they convert the moslems let me know.

Creationist are comfortable with themselves, It shows in that programm bigtime. Creationist at the end of his life has hope for eternal life with GOD . Evolutionist have nothing to look forward to at the end of their lives but the end. I think this has a lot to do with their poor conduct. I have hope you have none. And it pis-ses them off.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
My mother inlaw very old. Just had a small heartattack. Doctors insisted on in home nurse or retirement home. Her family and her decided to go rest home.

We got a notice that we have 6 months to sell all her properties and turn the proceeds over to them .

So they take her SS. all her medicare and have taken A lifetime of savings from her. Welcome to the Far left. The peoples party . The working mans party. When is the left going to get it right. Work your entire life only to have nursing homes swindle the old out of their life time savings.

Than when I seen the people that worked their It truely angred me. Many can't take care of their own kids . Let alone a old adult. Most in this rest home also are drug users, speaking of the care providers.

Its a shame . I wonder given enough rope how far the left will go.

Yesterday I watched a program on Evolution vs. Creationist. We have all heard the arguments. I personnelly could careless about what someone other than my family believes. The thing that struck me about the programm was this.

The creationist were friendly well manered and were not tring to convert anyone. They know persons like Gould from Harvard have problem with what others believe .

If any seen the program please jump in. The evolutionist were ill mannered. Said horriable things about creationist. Their whole outlook was defensive in nature just the polar opposit of the creationist. Evolutionist feel a need to convert the world to its belief. God is a threat to them . As one of them said . To many died over religion. Its got to go befor we can have piece. Religion has nothing to do with God or creation . Religion was invented by man to control man . Thats not to say their isn't a God. But a little understanding goes along way.

Anyway I walked away from watching said program. With this thought in mind.

Why don't the creationist act as badly as the evolutionist.

1) Creationist are more concerned with saving there own souls befor they save someone elses. So they tend not to care what Evolutionist say or think other than the fact that Evolutionist wants their believes taught in school creationist just want both sides of the story told.

The Creationist aren't tring to change the lefts mind . They just want = teaching time. Creationist believe when talking to Evolutionist not to try in sway their thought on evolution . As they know these people have lost their souls.

2). Evolutionist are tring to change creationist minds . In order to save the world from religion . Well when they convert the moslems let me know.

Creationist are comfortable with themselves, It shows in that programm bigtime. Creationist at the end of his life has hope for eternal life with GOD . Evolutionist have nothing to look forward to at the end of their lives but the end. I think this has a lot to do with their poor conduct. I have hope you have none. And it pis-ses them off.

This "logic" totally escapes me. Disregarding the whole (and irrelevant) creationist vs. so-called evolutionist screed, how in the world does requiring your grandmother to pay for services received amount to some kind of leftist plot? In ffact, it is exactly the opposite of what the right calls socialized medicine. I think your anger at not receiving a future inheritance that you think you deserve because your grandmother needs to spend her assets for her own needs is misdirected, to say the least.

What all of this has to do with Hillary Clinton is beyond me. It amazes me what some people consider logical (or even rational) thinking.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Senator Clinton is yet another center right Southern Leadership Council Democrat. In other words, a Republican circa 1965. We don't need another rightwinger in the White House. We need an old fashion, honest to god liberal in the White House and a liberal Congress so we can get out of Iraq, balance the budget, provide a single payer health insurance system, prosecute war criminals, and restore the Constitution and the rule of law.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Its simple really. Hillary does whatever is most politically expedient for the day. She does everything with winning the White House as her motivation. Including staying with Bill after the Lewinski scandall.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
I hope that a month from now people will be saying " Hillary who??"
She's a pathetic and plastic individual who truly believes she was ordained to rule this country by virtue of Bills successes.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
I don't "hate" her, but I do fear what she would do to this country.

She is, quite possibly, the most evil and terrifying politician in the world. Period.

:laugh:

piotrgurin

Apr 4, 2005
Because she is CFR and also attended a Bilderberger meeting..

Obama, is CFR aswell. Only two that aren't , that are still in the race are Dennis and Paul.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Because she is a C_NT

Basically sums it up.

I would have called her a douchebag feminazi...but could agree on that as well.

I can't think of any redeeming traits that she has.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Lets see. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Bush - Clinton? NO THANKS.

i basically agree with this

and nationalizing health care will degrade the service i get from my health care providers

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: piotrgurin

Obama, is CFR aswell. Only two that aren't , that are still in the race are Dennis and Paul.

Ouch. I didn't realize Obama was CFR.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Her claim of experience bothers me to the core when she has non. It's an outright lie trying to ride on her husband's administration's successes and not taking the fall for the failures because she wasn't part of it. It just boggles the mind that people will believe her.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari
Her claim of experience bothers me to the core when she has non. It's an outright lie trying to ride on her husband's administration's successes and not taking the fall for the failures because she wasn't part of it. It just boggles the mind that people will believe her.

Yeah good point. It's like a wife claiming to have experience in software engineering because when her software engineer husband comes home she asks him "how was your job today honey?"

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hillary is liar and a lawyer. Just listen to her talk for a while. Do you think she has hope for the future? She just wants power to control you.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Originally posted by: loki8481

Were you alive in the 90's? Really. She wasn't any more popular then either.

I can understand her unpopularity... most of my support for Obama has been because I think he'd be more electable in a general election.

but with Hillary, the hatred just seems so much more personal than for any (male) other politician.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

I can understand her unpopularity... most of my support for Obama has been because I think he'd be more electable in a general election.

but with Hillary, the hatred just seems so much more personal than for any (male) other politician.

hell, most women don't like her either especially with O backing Obama

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
She couldn't make Bill happy so she can't do shi-t for me.The woman couldn't manage her own marrage hows she can to manage the country. TRUETH!!!!!

What a stupid, ill-thought out remark. I'm guessing that Bill couldn't manage his marriage either. Neither could Rudy, Newt and probably >85% of all politicians or people of power or wealth. All of them seem to be in some sort of scandal with another person that isn't there spouse at one point or another yet you will trust them to manage the country.

People don't appear to like her because they are stupid and do not think for themselves in most cases. That isn't to say that there aren't many legitimate reasons to not like her, but reasons like yours and others that cause people to refer to her as "Hitlery" are completely idiotic and have been manufactured for you by right-wing think tanks.

Reasons that I would like to see Obama get the nod over her:

1. Corporate crony - she will do very little if anything at all to reel in the power of corporate America because that is where the majority of her money is coming from

2. Healthcare - I think that she was right to have it universal over a decade and a half ago. Since then, she has succumbed to the wishes of the insurance and medical lobbying fatcats and has "revised" her proposal to be nothing more than a skeleton of what is needed

3. Iraq - I think that this one has been covered to death in many threads

4. Campaign finance reform - she has done absolutely nothing as a Senator and will do less as President to get this system back to one that allows anyone qualified and willing to run the opportunity to run unless they are already rich or willing to sell their soul to CorpAmerica.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001

QFT. :thumbsup:

Hillary is a cold, calculating bitch. Harsh, but true, and I'm proud that the people of Iowa were able to see right through her, even women.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hillary has a lot of baggage like the Rose Law firm missing records, savings and Loan scandal, Travelgate, failure to come up with health care plan, appearing before a grand jury and not remembring anything, making jokes in the white house. Other than being married to cheating husband that was a liar what qualifications does she have? What bills did she pass in Office? What committees did she work on? She has accomplished nothing.

It is not like Obama has actually accomplished anything to speak of either, but he was not involved in any scandals. He does not have such a pure mean streak like Hillary does either.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Lets see. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Bush - Clinton? NO THANKS.

This pretty much sums it up for me. Whoever I vote for this fall, their last name will not be Clinton or Bush. Time to move on and let another family run this country, lest we be mistaken for a monarchy.

Personally though, I do not hate Hillary. Not at all. I'd actually be more of a fan of her reasonable centrist policies if she wasn't so in bed with corporate interests. I was a huge fan of Bill.
And in a way, I think that explains it. The extremists on both sides of the spectrum in the US have become very vocal and very extreme. And Hillary caters to neither side. So to the far righties here, she's a "hardcore commie liberal," while to someone to the far left like my "progressive" and politically active brother-in-law, she's a "DINO."
Then, to the rest of mainstream America who might otherwise be interested in her centrist stances, she comes across as cold and calculating because of her lack of personality and speaking ability (which OTOH Bill had in spades and I loved him for it).
On top of all that, she has a lot of enemies and carries a lot of political baggage from being the scapegoat for practically everything that went wrong during Bill's time in office.

So FFS, Dems, please don't run her. The only way she'll win will be if Ron Paul gets the Republican nod (and we all know that that isn't happening).

On another note, I'm really pleased with how well Obama did in Iowa, and feel some measure of hope for America that warmongerer McCain did so poorly.

Jun 26, 2007
Sometimes it seems like people really don't care if the Healthcare is great or bad as long as it's exclusive enough to exclude some people from getting it. it makes it seem better somehow, doesn't it, kinda like exclusive clubs are "better".

Seems kinda daft to me but i guess if you grew up with these ideas it has stuck with you.

Per capita the US citizens pay more for healthcare via taxes than any other nation, that's right, you pay more in taxes per capita than any other nation for your healthcare, you pay extra through the private insurances and you pay 10x what anyone else does for your medicine.

To be entirely honest, considering that, i can't understand how anyone can honestly proclaim that the US health system is in good order.

But that's just me, i may be wrong, it's happened once before.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Largely because Hillary Clinton is exactly what this country DOESN'T need...the American people have grown tired of our Presidential candidates being annointed by the most powerful of their respective political bases.

Hillary has a political career because people still have fond memories of peace and prosperity enjoyed during the Clinton Presidency, especially after 8 years of Bush's incompetence.

Hillary has a political career because her husband had a successful political career...but many in America, including myself, perceive Hillary as a different shade of "W"...and many in this country want a leader to ascend to the Presidency, not a politician.

I for one think a Obama vs Huckabee match-up will be quite interesting...neither candidate evokes a "personality" or "name recognition" based campaign...if anything, 2008 is shaping up to be a campaign about issues...and which candidate has a platform that resonates with independents and voters disenfranchised by the business as usual politics of their respective parties.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: piotrgurin

Ouch. I didn't realize Obama was CFR.

Just because Paul is pitching them, please don't give in to the conspiracy theories. Businesses and politics require intertwining committees and networking groups in order to function properly. That's what these are.