Why do older women have short hair?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: QurazyQuisp
Originally posted by: spidey07
It's called the "married do".

Once chics get married they believe they no longer have to look good and immediately lop off all their hair so they don't have to mess with it anymore.

My GF and I were talking about this... it's definitely true.

I have to concur, although I would have figured the trigger as having children rather than simply getting married. It's when women somehow morph from being sexually attractive, to being mothers who generally nag about stuff.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: warmodder
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Because long gray hair looks gross on almost female. There was a girl in my high school that died her hair gray and it looked nasty. Not sure what possessed her to do it, but she only kept it for about 2 weeks.

KT

I knew a girl that did that too. It's kind of a cross between a librarian and that old lady from the movie Twister. I don't get the reasoning behind that decision.

You have a problem with librarians?

;)

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
long hair advertises a females health over a long period
it is a mating signal that the meat is good.;)
unecessary for the old

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
When my mom was young, she wore her hair longer than shoulder length. As she got older, the hair got shorter and shorter. (fortunately, never quite "bull-*** short) She said she preferred it short because it was easier to take care of...maybe I should pay attention to that....this long hair is a PITA to take care of...

apac

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2003
My mom had long straight hair down to her waist until chemo treatment, then it grew back curly so she decided to keep it short.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
i always thought its because when they have babies, the babies always grab and pull at their long hair so they cut it.