Why do license pictures always come out so terrible?

veryape

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000
I lost my license last month and just today got to the DMV to get a new one and when I get it back i'm crosseyed in it. WTF!!! I'm not crosseyed, its that damned dot they have you stare at in the corner of the camera that makes me look crosseyed. Jesus, it seems like they intentionally make license pictures come out looking crappy for some unknown reason. Mine always looks like I tied on a tough one the night before and walked into a brick wall before taking it. What gives with these damned pictures? Do they have some kind of ugly film in them or something along those lines?

FrysInsider

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2001
You have to ask the clerk to let you see the picture he/she just took...(it appears on their computer screen)

If you don't like, tell her/him to retake it

Aihyah

Banned
Apr 21, 2000
my guy didn't tell me when he would take it, he just said stand there, a second later click:p

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
d/l photo's have been traditionally bad.....i havent seen anybody willing to admit they had a good photo at the DMV, ableit a good day over there

think about it, when i got my license they make you get in line, fill out a whole bunch of paperwork, wait for your road test, everybody goes on break for 45 minutes, you have to wait for them, then you get to take your wonderful road test, get graded, do more paperwork, get the license machine to make your license, and then you get to go home. i was at the DMV for about 90 minutes when my pic was taken. i was not very happy.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
there's a little switch on the camera for normal and ugly pictures. you just have to tell them to take it out of the ugly mode. ;)