Why do I have so many scars? Why don't they heal invisibly?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
I know that if you have surgery or suffer some major trauma (i.e. sliced by a knife) you're going to have a scar. Fine, I have a few of those.

But what about from VERY minor cuts and scrapes?

I'm a sys admin/network guy; I've always got my hands/arms/upper body inside some server rack or under a raised floor. I get cuts on the listed body parts all the time. They heal quickly, but leave pinkish scars/different colored skin. This happens particularly on my hands. :(

Why is this?

L

Lola

Do you pick the scabs off before they fall off on their own? do you ever use neosporin on them?
If you pick the scab off, that will lead to scars. If you want to try and stop it from happening, put a dollop of neosporin ointment on it.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
Do you pick the scabs off before they fall off on their own? do you ever use neosporin on them?
If you pick the scab off, that will lead to scars. If you want to try and stop it from happening, put a dollop of neosporin ointment on it.

Nope, I leave the scabs on until they fall off by themselves...gross, I know, but it's the best way.

Unfortunately, I think Moshquerade may have it right. :( Damn. This did NOT used to happen.

RollWave

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
get some straight vitamin E capsules and break em open. Pour it on the wounds. It should help.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MichaelD
I know that if you have surgery or suffer some major trauma (i.e. sliced by a knife) you're going to have a scar. Fine, I have a few of those.

I'm a sys admin/network guy; I've always got my hands/arms/upper body inside some server rack or under a raised floor. I get cuts on the listed body parts all the time. They heal quickly, but leave pinkish scars/different colored skin. This happens particularly on my hands. :(

Why is this?

Do the scars continue to grow after they've formed?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
You're over 35, right? Welcome to the club, you old goat.

:Q Aiiiieeeee! Umm....ah.....oh yeah...

Damn kids! Get out of my yard!!!!!

:D

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: BD2003

Why is this?

NO. I don't have Cancerella Scara Skinerella or whatever the hell it's called. The scars heal completely, totally flat, without any different texture. Just a darker color than my skin. :(

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
i have many random small ones on my forearm due to mountain biking. ehh.. whatever

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BD2003

Why is this?

NO. I don't have Cancerella Scara Skinerella or whatever the hell it's called. The scars heal completely, totally flat, without any different texture. Just a darker color than my skin. :(

Then you're just getting old.

49erinnc

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2004
Originally posted by: rnp614
get some straight vitamin E capsules and break em open. Pour it on the wounds. It should help.

Solid advice. They're really gooey/sticky (kind of like aloe actually) but what I do is just put a pin prick in the end of one and apply it. If you're consistent with it, it really helps fade scars quickly and efficiently.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
A lot of mine have been doing that for a while and I'll just be 31 on the 12th. :( *cries*