why do i have a feeling there's gonna be riots tonight?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Nah, you can stop them canucks by making sure the tank is in the area.

Unless Canadians have moved en masse to either New Jersey or LA, we don't have to worry about the tank at all.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Why is this surprising to anyone? 7:1 spending. We don't live in a democracy, we live in a plutocracy. Not to mention Tom Barrett was not what the pro-workers wanted, he is far from union friendly. Nothing to see here, the corporate media will tell you all need to know.

LOL, which goes to show that even most democrats weren't on the unions side from the get go.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Riots? No. A continued decline of the middle class due to the eclipsing of unions? Yes. In other words, it will be business as usual in Wisconsin.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
All quiet in my neck of the woods. Maybe I'll go start something. Anyone know the best way to start a riot (even though I voted for Walker)?

Matthiasa

Diamond Member
May 4, 2009
All quiet in my neck of the woods. Maybe I'll go start something. Anyone know the best way to start a riot (even though I voted for Walker)?

I would say a pro walker sign or bumper stickers in Madison but I saw a ton of them before the election, so not really to sure.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
And here we accepted the misnomer thread title from our OP, zanejohnson, :that why do i have a feeling there's gonna be riots tonight? "

And now, that no riots occurred, why are not we on this forum not pointed out our OP was 100% wrong. And instead realizing, if Barrett had won, it was 100% in the republirat and tea bagger playbook to riot if they don't get their way.

Maybe its more like the groundhog of Punkanstannie Phil was visiting Wisconsin last Tuesday, saw his shadow last Tuesday, and concluded there will be six more years of Wisconsin public policy stupidity. Because stupid is as stupid does. Allowing special interests to loot the assets of the state of Wisconsin will never end well long term.

As they say, you can pay us now or pay us more later.

Just like GWB, the now hands down worse President in US history, have limited shelf life!

Away

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005

Go find the guy who was crying on CNN and smack him with a Walker sign. If that doesn't start a riot, at least it will be fun. :D