why do i have a feeling there's gonna be riots tonight?

mcurphy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2003
Everything is calm as can be here. Of course I'm no where near where any action might take place :p

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Nothing is going to happen....

The U.S. population is comparatively docile compared to other populations. The demonstrations last year in Wisconsin are as out of control as it was ever going to get.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
The results of this election were fairly obvious. The only reason it got lots of attention was because they dumped such a ridiculous amount of money on it.

Go to sleep. No riots tonight.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
It's wisconsin and unless someone tips over our cows we are fair and gentle folk. ;)

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I'm replying to that in the general context of the thread, as I thought you were.

the title indicates that it's about riots. /shrug.

As for funny? eh.. ok. It'd be funnier if her slap actually caused him to become disoriented and stumble a bit.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Why is this surprising to anyone? 7:1 spending. We don't live in a democracy, we live in a plutocracy. Not to mention Tom Barrett was not what the pro-workers wanted, he is far from union friendly. Nothing to see here, the corporate media will tell you all need to know.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Rioting is just too hard. You have to get off the couch and drive downtown. Parking's a hassle. The ramps are expensive but you'd feel like a goober if you burnt your own car so you have to park it some place safe. Then there are like lowlifes who are attracted to riots so the company is sketchy. Then there is the whole cop aspect. Those folks like hitting people with clubs and playing with cop equipment, most of which is designed to smart like hell. Better off just sending out few tweets of outrage and calling it a night.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
I think politicians are pressing more severe buttons on daily basis to test American's public limits.

So far, NOTHING is stopping them and Big Corps. And even if we come up with the biggest revolution in the history of this world......nothing will stop them either.