Why do I bother sending emails?

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
People are accustomed to spam and are wired for instantaneous results. I swear on 90% of the emails I send, if I goof up and make them longer than three sentences, everything beyond the first three sentences gets ignored.

I get tired of emailing coworkers explaining how and why things work the way they do (I am the only computer person here). My boss is very cool and could care less what I do as long as everything works. But other people go into the office to complain to him because they did not bother to read my f*$&*#&$ing explanation in the email.

my little monday rant.

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Start your Emails "HINT: There is a $20 bill hidden between the words somewhere in this Email!"

That'll get the fools' attention.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Tell all of 'em to RTFE!

I try to communicate everything that is important via e-mail, so that in the off chance that I get called out on it, I will have hard evidence to back me up.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: ATLien247
Tell all of 'em to RTFE!

I try to communicate everything that is important via e-mail, so that in the off chance that I get called out on it, I will have hard evidence to back me up.

Having proof is very important and I also work form home in a different area code so email is the best way. But even the boss man is the same way. If I make more than 1 request or have more than 1 question per email, the rest of the email gets ignored. Its like an epidemic. And its not just at work. A have a friend that asked that I help with a website and its the same thing. The first question in the email gets answered, but I have to resend the rest in a seperate email.

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I know how you guys feel. I hate repeating answers. It makes me feel like I'm wasting my breath (even though it's typed, it still wastes my time an energy).

IcemanJer

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2001
if they just stupidly answer one question, flood their inboxes with emails of 1 question each.
that'll each them a lesson.