Why do i always get banned??????

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Pers - Just to verify that you are "banned" from posting, the next time you see a "you are forbidden fruit" message take a screen print. Either e-mail that to the mods or post a link to it in this thread.

AnandTech Moderator

Staff member
Oct 12, 1999
Pers,

The message does not necessarily mean that you personally are banned. It is generic, and applies to all forms of banning, whether by name, e-mail address, or IP address.

It is likely, since you are on a dynamic IP address, that you are occcasionally connecting from within a range that has been banned from the forums.

The next time it happens, I want you to immediately send an e-mail to us. Do not disconnect and reconnect before doing so.

AnandTech Moderator

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
One more thing to try Pers... If you're running Win95/98 type "winipcfg" in your run prompt. You can then record the IP addresses that you have when you get the message. Kind of make a log and you'll know what range has been banned. Good luck on crackin' the case! ;)

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
While we are on the subject mods.......
I have a friend here under the name
"eddie"

and about a week ago he got this same error, he can log in and browse and all, but when he tries to post or reply, it gives him the same error
He said he has emailed you guys but no response yet.