Why do gay guys have such horrible difficulties determining whether or not women look good?

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Gay guys like to describe thier average or ugly looking female friends as "she's so pretty", or "she's gorgeous" or whatever, all the time. Every gay guy I know is like this. They seem to have absolutely no concept of what decent-looking women look like, so they just judge them based on personality. Obviously, they like the personalities of thier friends, so they all end up being described as beautiful.

BudAshes2

Jul 2, 2006
Originally posted by: notfred
Gay guys like to describe thier average or ugly looking female friends as "she's so pretty", or "she's gorgeous" or whatever, all the time. Every gay guy I know is like this. They seem to have absolutely no concept of what decent-looking women look like, so they just judge them based on personality. Obviously, they like the personalities of thier friends, so they all end up being described as beautiful.

And you care why?

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
They have a very good idea of what good looking women look like. The way they describe avg and ugly looking women as pretty and gorgeous is a trick they use to hook up the avg/ugly bunch to their horny straight guy friends. I mean lets face it, would you want to date an avg/ugly women if your gay friend told you the truth? Hell no.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004

What, do you expect them to tell the truth? Women don't have thick skin.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Ryan
I disagree! In fact - I think it's the other way around.

What is "the other way around" exactly?

Straight guys have a hard time sometimes seeing beautiful women, because their judgement is clouded by the needs of their second head, and they often feel attracted to slutty looking women and unrealistic/fake beauties.

Also - if gay men had such hard times telling the hotties from the butterfaces, how come I don't see an abundance of straight makeup artists in the industry? Behind nearly every beautiful woman, is usually a flamer.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I disagree! In fact - I think it's the other way around.

What is "the other way around" exactly?

Straight guys have a hard time sometimes seeing beautiful women, because their judgement is clouded by the needs of their second head, and they often feel attracted to slutty looking women and unrealistic/fake beauties.

So, basically, gay guys think unattractive women are beautiful. That's what I was saying.

Also - if gay men had such hard times telling the hotties from the butterfaces, how come I don't see an abundance of straight makeup artists in the industry? Behind nearly every beautiful woman, is usually a flamer.

Maybe it's not *all* gay guys, but just the ones I know. You don't see a lot of stright make-up artists, because straight guys are discouraged from doing such things as professions.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Can you tell if a guy's good looking? I sure can't. I'm sure it works both ways.

Willoughbyva

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Determining beauty is a personal choice, though most men or women have all been socialized to think similar things are "beautiful". I'm a streight guy and have been exposed to so much media that I can usually tell if a woman will find a guy good looking.

Having said all that I have found a few women really, really beautiful, only to find out that they were not very "good" people. It is a little harder to be all interested in someone then find out that they kind of suck as a person, then to think of a person as average looking, then find out they are really great people, at least at first. Most of this happened when I was younger, so maybe my harmones were at fault in some way. I admit that as being older I don't find attractive all the women I used to find attractive. But there is a look I am into.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

True.

Atomicus

Banned
May 20, 2004
Originally posted by: 91TTZ

True.

91TTZ, I know a couple of heffers you just gotta meet! Interested?

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: GeekDrew
I just avoid the issue altogether. Women don't look good. :p

I know a gay guy (;)) who has given me opinions on women before. I won't point out a name because I don't want to single him (;)) out.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Maybe the same reason why straight guys don't view other men as attractive or not, well I don't anyways. I don't judge the looks of my friends. Gay guys like men and straight guys like women.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: brandonbull
Maybe the same reason why straight guys don't view other men as attractive or not, well I don't anyways. I don't judge the looks of my friends. Gay guys like men and straight guys like women.

I don't find any guys attractive, but I can tell if a woman will think a guy is attractive or not. just because a guy can say another guy is a good looking guy doesn't mean he's attracted to him.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Do you then go around calling all other guys 'beatiful' or 'good looking'? I think that would be the equivalent.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: purbeast0

I don't find any guys attractive, but I can tell if a woman will think a guy is attractive or not. just because a guy can say another guy is a good looking guy doesn't mean he's attracted to him.

What features will qualify a man as good looking?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

just compare someone like brad pitt to the geek from road trip with the big nose. it's pretty easy to see that a woman would find the first one attractive and not the second one.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

rippling muscles a bright smile and eyes and chiseled features usually.

this is actually true for both sexes for women its a tight body, bright smile and eyes and sharp features.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim

this is actually true for both sexes for women its a tight body, bright smile and eyes and sharp features.

Now that I have puked after reading the rippling muscles part, I don't like women with muscles nor do I like women that are toothpicks.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

Now that I have puked after reading the rippling muscles part, I don't like women with muscles nor do I like women that are toothpicks.

he's saying there is a set of general characteristics that the opposite sex generally finds attractive about the other sex. and if you can't see that or don't realize that, you are a clueless person as it actually seems from your posts in this thread.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

he's saying there is a set of general characteristics that the opposite sex generally finds attractive about the other sex. and if you can't see that or don't realize that, you are a clueless person as it actually seems from your posts in this thread.

I'm glad you are making my point for me. If you would have read my posts, you would see the part about gay guys like guys and straight guys like women. The reason I make new friends with guys isn't based on their chiseled, rippling muscles but if they have the same personality as me. So one could conclude that gay guys don't see or judge a women's beauty.