Discussion Why did you really get the Vaccine shot?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Why did you really get the Vaccine shot?

• I'm responsible

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • I was scared to get sick

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • It was Free

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • I was scared of a GIANT hospital bill

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I love Bill Gates nano-bots tracking me where ever I go

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
because Science mofos!

and i had covid and that shit sucked. and my wife has had some long complications from it. hoping the vacc helps.

Reactions: Muse

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
As part of the household that followed all recommendations and best practices since early 2020 and every single member of my household got the vaccine within days of it being available to our age group...

Part 1 - Selfish reasons.
- I'm active, I do athletic type things and my lungs are pretty critical to all that.
- I like the fact that my dick works just fine as a close to 50 year old guy.
- I earn a living using my head so I'm not risking months of brain fog.
- I'm not risking long term impacts of a COVID infection AND I'm not going to be surprised if a few years from now we'll start seeing an uptick in lung cancer, Stroke and cardio shennanigans.
- I don't want to be an embarrassment who knowingly spreads infectious diseases to other people.
- Gives me another reason to make fun of dumbasses so my superiority complex this year is off the chart.

Part 2 - Non selfish reasons
- I'm not a selfish asshole who only thinks about me.
- Duty to country and fellow human beings.

I understand that some of you out of shape, limp dicked old brain fog having anti-vaxxers have nothing to lose but the rest of us would really appreciate you not being morons and providing a platform for COVID to evolve. I know that the whole "evolution" word gets your panties in a bunch but maybe you can ask your Doctor what it's all about instead of your idiot friends. As for those with "doubts and concerns"' 'ers, why don't you refocus your efforts on whatever you bitched and complained about in 2019 or something.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I assume you're talking about COVID specifically?

I would get a vaccine for just about anything i could if it's recommended & safe.
I get a flu shot every year. I'm in the process of getting my shingles vaccine. What was the vaccine we got as kids that left a large mark on our arms for years?(late '60s for me) Was that MMR?
If i could i'd get a Lyme vaccine.

If by getting a needle stuck in my arm once a year or once in my life will make me immune from or lessen the effects of a disease then i will.
That was smallpox.

Pohemi420

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
That was smallpox.
I remembered a TB test leaving a mark on me for a while when I was young, but I figured that wasn't what he was referring to, lol.

Seems smallpox vaccination (widespread) was ended in 1972, but it's still been used for medical professionals and outbreak teams, etc. It used a bifurcated (two-pronged) needle that was dipped into the vaccine solution, and then used to puncture the skin several times to expose it.

Yep, I was about 6 years too young to have gotten it, heh.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I remembered a TB test leaving a mark on me for a while when I was young, but I figured that wasn't what he was referring to, lol.

Seems smallpox vaccination (widespread) was ended in 1972, but it's still been used for medical professionals and outbreak teams, etc. It used a bifurcated (two-pronged) needle that was dipped into the vaccine solution, and then used to puncture the skin several times to expose it.

I used to notice those smallpox vax scars a whole lot (on people's shoulders about where they give the covid shots), back in the day.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Efficacy rate was good, and I wanted to travel.
We're very fortunate that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines were so widely available in the US. They appear to be the best of the bunch and new studies are showing they could offer protection for years as opposed to months.

Reactions: Pohemi420

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
No good reason not to, really. Wasn't particularly afraid of getting sick, but I do want to gather with other musicians and sing again, which involves lots of aerosolized particles flying about, and I want to head up to Canada, and I certainly don't want to catch it and risk spreading it to other people. Plus I moved across the country, and with basically everything shut down, my social network out here has been essentially nil. A group of us that are all fully vaccinated did finally get together this past weekend, so that was cool.

Yeah, I remember the TB test too, definitely didn't last years for me.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Went through COVID in feb and march. Worst month of my life. It didn’t do much to me but I had to spend over 2 months caring for my mom and dad. Seeing my brother cry over his wife being on a ventilator. It was tough. Only good thing was. No funeral. Feel blessed for that. I think that’s enough of a reason to get vaccinated.

ASK THE COMMUNITY