Why did no one back Ron Paul?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
He drew 10x the amount of people that Romney ever did and not a damn was given in the media, zero coverage was televised or written.

well, you know about it.. so someone at least covered it. thats the beauty of the internet.

but again, why does everyone think ron paul is some newcomer? he does this every election. he runs, absolutely kills in the preliminary debates, gets pushed aside by some weird unknown force into obscurity. every single time.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
well, you know about it.. so someone at least covered it. thats the beauty of the internet.

but again, why does everyone think ron paul is some newcomer? he does this every election. he runs, absolutely kills in the preliminary debates, gets pushed aside by some weird unknown force into obscurity. every single time.

The only people that covered crowd sizes was the Washington examiner (some random blogger), rp daily, Paul forums, and YouTube......

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
So for you Ron Paul supporters who are all about states’ rights? Can you honestly tell me if your state decided to institute Catholicism as the state religion, and that all children must be taught Catholicism, you would have no issue with this?

If the majority in your state decided we don’t need fair trials with juries for crimes, just state deciding unilaterally on your guilt without trial, would you have no issue with this?

What if the majority of your state decided guns must be banned and anyone caught with a gun will be executed, would you still have no problem with this.

This is what Ron Paul supports people.

Apr 27, 2012
ron paul has had his ideas for decades. every election he does a great job and gets totally snuffed by the political machine. if you honestly think these elections arent completely rigged then you need to open your eyes. whatever hidden group of people is in charge of selecting our presidential candidates simply does not want ron paul elected, so he will never even get the chance.

Well said, The elections are rigged and there is a two party dictatorship, both parties are corrupt and serve special interests

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Just looking for everyone's 2 cents. Please don't flame me, I'm merely trying to educate myself on why America wouldn't side with this guy. Why no love for Paul?

I think this might be a case of Citizens United biting republicans in an unforseen way during the primaries.

I'm sure many on this board would like to see Ron Paul or perhaps another also ran from the Republican primaries running against President Obama.

Even if not Ron Paul Governor then why not people who haven't flipped flopped as much as Governor Romney like Governor Rick Perry or Representative Newt Gingrich?

simple. they didn't have the money that Governor Romney did. Governor Romney may have for all intents and purposes bought the nomination when a lot of people wanted another candidate thanks to Citizen's United.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Looks like the beginning of the Republican civil war. Heck, maybe they might get their shit together, get their heads out of their ideological asses and become a worthy opponent that actually cares about what happens to this country again.

Apr 27, 2012
Looks like the beginning of the Republican civil war. Heck, maybe they might get their shit together, get their heads out of their ideological asses and become a worthy opponent that actually cares about what happens to this country again.

Do you actually believe the democrats care about this country

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Our Government has been stolen by the party of Jefferson. It now exists in the form of Democrats and Republicans. Don't for a second thing your Government is of the people and for the people, those days haven't been around in any of our lives.