Why can't we just get rid of Israel? problem solved..no?EDIT: lotsa good info..thx much guys :)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
We should not get rid of them. We should cut them loose. US foreign policy should look after the US, anyone using the US foreign policy as a tool for Israel is a traitor.

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: Romans828
And to think people called "The Passion of the Christ" anti-semetic

What's anti-semetic about it? Forcing me to support a state like Israel is 1) Stealing my tax dollars and 2) Inviting hatred and terrorism onto me and my fellow americans.

Terrorist bank on people like you. They do what they do because they hope people like you exist...people who think policy should be made based on whether or not it invites terrorism.

Romans828

Banned
Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
no you guys need help, here is a hint.

Talk about anti semetic, you win the prize

those are Jewish people, hardly anti-semetic. :disgust:

Yes Jewish people who would abandon their very homeland, its like Americans living abroad fighting against America

BugsBunny1078

Banned
Jan 11, 2004
Originally posted by: BugsBunny1078
He'll find out soon enough. Life passes by so fast you are not left wondering for very long.

Hey Bugs, lets not give up on him........ He needs our help ;)
We never give up on any but we do need to focus on the ones that are willing to listen. Jesus knowing he had a limited time before his resurrection spent that time reaching as many as possible. Don't spend too long on one who isn't willing to be saved when 100 others are.Saving the 100 is doing the most good. We know from the Bible that every person will not be saved.

Romans828

Banned
Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor

What's anti-semetic about it? Forcing me to support a state like Israel is 1) Stealing my tax dollars and 2) Inviting hatred and terrorism onto me and my fellow americans.

Terrorist bank on people like you. They do what they do because they hope people like you exist...people who think policy should be made based on whether or not it invites terrorism.

Lets get this straight....... We "invite" terrorists? its somehow our fault?

Drphibes

Feb 20, 2004
Lets get another Rome going guys and just sit tight and pissoff the visigoths and huns so they come pown our asses. Rome did the same thing were doing did it get them to a better place. Eventually the rest of the world will figure out that they outnumber us, and with this policy and were fuxored.

shrumpage

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
<rant>

Prepares for the flame of a lifetime....(yay my first post in the politics and news forums..sups dudes)

UN puts israel on the map...palestanians go WTF...they attack Israel. A US backed defense pushes the invaders back.

Arabs have no privelidges in Israel, and Israel use US equipment to persecute the islamic people. The muslims hate the US and Israel for this because they really had no right to be there in the first place.

Most everyone in that region want Israel out.

Peace talks in Israel never work. This has been proven time and time again. 9/11 happened because of the existence of Israel.

Why not just stop supporting Israel, or in a more radical (but i knw unsupportive move), why not talk to the middle eastern counties that in return for getting rid of Isreal, US can have partial control over the oil in the region. This way, arabs will think good of us and we won't have to worry about terrorists, and our gas prices will be stable.

well, the bad side of this can be that now jews will be terrorists and since they have a strangle hold on US media....it'll be ugly.

oh well, it's a lose lose situation, but I guess in the future it'll be better?

damn it who suggested to put Israel on the map in the first place anyway?...stupid bastards.

</rant>

wow - i don't mind rants but i prefer them to be accurate

UN puts israel on the map...palestanians go WTF...they attack Israel. A US backed defense pushes the invaders back.

Not quite what happened - Jews had been settling the area for decades prior to the state just 'being put on the map.' It was a movement that had been slowly building. The region was fairly empty at the time, with not much value or population. I think the 600,000 was the number pegged by the Ottomans prior to settlement.

Also the first war isreal used a lot of french and british weapons - no US support. Defenses were really 'rag tag.'

Arabs have no privelidges in Israel, and Israel use US equipment to persecute the islamic people.

huh? Isreal is the only country in the region were people (both men and women) can vote, speak, and practice their religion. Arabs make up about 20% of the population, and that is reflected more or less in the Isreals parliment.

Peace talks in Israel never work. This has been proven time and time again. 9/11 happened because of the existence of Israel.

Excellent point, but WHY don't the work? Why did the oslo Accords fail and more violence occur? Isreal was willing to concede land, give up part of jerurslem, among other things. It may not have been the deal arafat wanted, but his response is violence, and not more negoiating.

Another point - Isreal does have a history of returning land in exchange for peace, otherwise Eygpt wouldn't have their oil fields. Though Eygpt had to sign a peace treaty.

Why not just stop supporting Israel, or in a more radical (but i knw unsupportive move), why not talk to the middle eastern counties that in return for getting rid of Isreal, US can have partial control over the oil in the region. This way, arabs will think good of us and we won't have to worry about terrorists, and our gas prices will be stable.

Because Isreal is the only democracy in the region. One of the few states Muslisms won't be killed for converting to Christinty. Where you can say negitive things about Yawah and Mommand(sp?) and not be arrested, and killed. Isreal is not perfect - they do have some bad policies- but they have supported us also, time and time again.

well, the bad side of this can be that now jews will be terrorists and since they have a strangle hold on US media....it'll be ugly.

I never under stood the whole jewish media thing. Am I missing all the pro-isreal and pro-jewish movies? Or Tv shows - I can't think of any? I hear quite abit negitive in the news about isreal - everytime there is an suicide bomber, or an isrealie helichopter targets and kill some one.

or the fact that isreal is in the news more then sudan is evidence of zionist hold on america's media....hmmmm....

Dec 27, 2001

Lets get this straight....... We "invite" terrorists? its somehow our fault?

Yes.

If your kid throws a tantrum and you ignore him or punish him for it s he likely to keep doing it? If he throws a tantrum and you get him what he wants so he'll stop throwing a tantrum, how likely is he to throw tantrums in the future? How likely are his brothers and sisters to start also throwing tantrums?

Terrorists have failed to get what they want through any kind of political or military means, so they turn to terrorism. They inflict terror to intimidate or coerce people to give them what they want. When you give them what they want, you've proven their logic to be sound.

I hope I'm arguing with kids here and have managed to enlighten you all this afternoon. If you're actually adults, then God help us all...literally.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
no you guys need help, here is a hint.

Talk about anti semetic, you win the prize

those are Jewish people, hardly anti-semetic. :disgust:

Yes Jewish people who would abandon their very homeland, its like Americans living abroad fighting against America

no, their homeland is wherever they were born; and that isn't Israel. they also respect the teachings of the Talmud, hence they understand that the formation of a Jewish state to be blasphemy.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Get rid of Israel? No. Some things can be done though:

1) Insist on the implementation of the original agreement that established Israel. This includes the originally drawn borders and Palestinian State.

2) If Israel refuses, cutoff their funding, but gaurantee their defense if attacked.

3) If Israel wants to continue down their idiotic path, make them go it alone.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by: sandorski
Get rid of Israel? No. Some things can be done though:

1) Insist on the implementation of the original agreement that established Israel. This includes the originally drawn borders and Palestinian State.

2) If Israel refuses, cutoff their funding, but gaurantee their defense if attacked.

3) If Israel wants to continue down their idiotic path, make them go it alone.

Will never happen, they'll never give up Jerusalem

Drphibes

Feb 20, 2004
AT this point its a religious war wich by the constitution we have no place suporting. Supporting isreal is directly supporting a religious war. Seperation of church and state thrown right out the window not like it wasnt obvious 10 years ago though.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
thx for the info shrumpage. I really should look more into this, but as it is, the whole area is a mess in terms of having peace in the region. I was just frustrated w/ the ongoing news of people dying everyday from both sides..

sigh

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003

Actually, ALOT of Jews were against the creation of Israel to begin with. It wasn't until that fuckwad Hitler started mass killing Jews that they had had enough and desided to fallow the zionist way of thinking and desided they wanted to create a country of their own. Most Jews at that time were quite content at living their lives where ever they were in the world. But thanks to good ol Hitler and to some degree the brits (The brits had promised that land to the palestinians/Arabs, but then desided to include the jews, after hitlers little rampage through europe) this mess was created.

Also, it's very unfair of you to equate jews who are/were against the creation of Israel to terrorists. The nationalist way of thinking wasn't how Jews were at the time. There were religious reasons for them being against the creation of Israel (though I can't remember what it was, been awhile).

shrumpage

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
thx for the info shrumpage. I really should look more into this, but as it is, the whole area is a mess in terms of having peace in the region. I was just frustrated w/ the ongoing news of people dying everyday from both sides..

sigh

no problem.

Personally i doubt the region will ever have peace. If Isreal were to disappear tomorrow do you think the climate would change? Instead of the zoinists, the US, EU, or UN would be the blame for everything.

myusername

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2003
Well there are a couple options..

1)Politically speaking, Israel's only friend is Israel (and much of the Jewish diaspora). While one might argue that turning that section of the world into a thermonuclear grease spot would stop the conflict at hand, the resulting chaos would be far less acceptable than the current situation.

The result would be extremely interesting in the sense of seeing the Judeo-Christian reaction to the literal evaporation of supposedly sanctified and presumably eternal (in the corporeal sense) land, but ethical considerations aside, it's not something you would want to watch from anywhere closer than, say .. Mars..?

2)Due to political climate and technological advances, Israel offers us little stragegic benefit (or, if you are counting arab sentiment towards us - negative benefit), so the best thing to do might be to go our separate ways. Of course, that would result in an arab uprising, culminating in the deaths of tens of thousands of Israelis, and millions of arabs, when Israel decides that she needs to use (our) nukes to protect herself. Arab factional leaders haven't shown themselves to even have the sense of Kruschev, and just because they aren't holding the other side of the M.A.D. stick doesn't mean they'll have the sense not to provoke such a reaction. Of course, with us out of the picture, Israel may not even look for provocation, simply at prevention.

3)We could just sit on our thumbs and maintain the status quo, and hope that the fundamentally race related global war that is brewing will wait a couple generations, and then our kids will have a nice war industry to help pay off their deficit.

Romans828

Banned
Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: JackStorm

Actually, ALOT of Jews were against the creation of Israel to begin with. It wasn't until that fuckwad Hitler started mass killing Jews that they had had enough and desided to fallow the zionist way of thinking and desided they wanted to create a country of their own. Most Jews at that time were quite content at living their lives where ever they were in the world. But thanks to good ol Hitler and to some degree the brits (The brits had promised that land to the palestinians/Arabs, but then desided to include the jews, after hitlers little rampage through europe) this mess was created.

Also, it's very unfair of you to equate jews who are/were against the creation of Israel to terrorists. The nationalist way of thinking wasn't how Jews were at the time. There were religious reasons for them being against the creation of Israel (though I can't remember what it was, been awhile).

wait just a minute.......... I never equated them to terrorists (although they seem to support the same objectives)

Zephyr106

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
Originally posted by: JackStorm

wait just a minute.......... I never equated them to terrorists (although they seem to support the same objectives)

Don't be ridiculous. You really need to learn about the world.

Zephyr

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
i don't think you understand. Israel is our trump card, we support them more than any other country financially as our trump card. they are their to keep tabs on the entire middle east, without them their OPEC would be blinging it up to $50/barrel

not to mention if the middle eastern countries weren't united in their hate against israel, then they'd be mass murdering each other, Kuwait vs Iraq vs Iran vs Saudia Arabia vs SUV

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
wait just a minute.......... I never equated them to terrorists

Maybe not directly, but you indirectly linked them in the way you worded your statement. And no, the Jews who were against the creation of Israel are in no way like Americans living abroad fighting against America (as they usually do so by joining groups like Al Qaeda).

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Drphibes
AT this point its a religious war wich by the constitution we have no place suporting. Supporting isreal is directly supporting a religious war. Seperation of church and state thrown right out the window not like it wasnt obvious 10 years ago though.

where in the constitution does the term "seperation of church and state" appear? and how is it a "religious war" when the israreli government is run by a constitution and a secular government of thier own instead of the law of moses and the talmud?

here are some historical facts that piss many people off...as FACTS often do...

1. there has never..EVER been a nation called palestine...never.

2. the roman province of JUDEA (named after the northern jewish kingdom of judah) was changed to "palestina" by imperial decree after the bar kochba revolt. jerusalem was wiped out and renamed "Aelia Capitolina" and the jews were expelled from thier homeland

3. the word "palestine" is a anglicazation of the greekand latin word "palestina" which itself is derived from the hebrew word "peleshet"(often translated in english as philistine) meaning "divider" or "invader"

4. prior to the 1967 arab-israeli war, there was no movement for a "palestinian homeland"

5. the region known as palestine was divided, 20% to the jews, 80% to the arabs. there is a "palestinian" homeland of sorts, it is called JORDAN.

4. the ancient philistines were not arabs, nor even spoke a semitic language such as hebrew, arabic, or aramaic.

5. yassir arafat is not a "palestinian" his nationality egyptian and speaks egyptian arabic. his uncle was the grand mufti of jerusalem during WW2 and an ally of the germans. arafat repetedly calls for the extermintion of the jews on PLO radio.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
anotations to your facts:

2. the roman province of JUDEA (named after the northern jewish kingdom of judah) was changed to "palestina" by imperial decree after the bar kochba revolt. jerusalem was wiped out and renamed "Aelia Capitolina" and the jews were expelled from thier homeland

-no one alive today is in anyway responsable for that.

3. the word "palestine" is a anglicazation of the greekand latin word "palestina" which itself is derived from the hebrew word "peleshet"(often translated in english as philistine) meaning "divider" or "invader"

-this has no relvence to the palestinians of modren times who were born on the land in question.

4. prior to the 1967 arab-israeli war, there was no movement for a "palestinian homeland"

-that is because they already lived there and were happy with things the way they were.

5. the region known as palestine was divided, 20% to the jews, 80% to the arabs. there is a "palestinian" homeland of sorts, it is called JORDAN.

-divided is a poor way of putting it as they lived peacefully together. as for the Palistian homeland, it sure as hell is not Jordan for the people born in the region of Palistine; for such people their homeland is Palistine.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
I hope I'm arguing with kids here and have managed to enlighten you all this afternoon. If you're actually adults, then God help us all...literally.

You are such an ass.