Why can't I play games on battery?

Battousai01

Oct 15, 2002
Hi guys, I would like to ask for some advise. I noticed that I can't play games on battery, any games even games that are 10 years old is significantly slow at ultra settings when on battery. I am not sure if this is true to newer laptops with high-end graphics chip since I noticed that I was able to do a full benchmark on an older laptop on battery. Is this true to all new gaming laptops? I have not tried yet on other laptops with a GTX but on my laptop with an RTX I can't play games while on battery.

heymrdj

Diamond Member
May 28, 2007
Hi guys, I would like to ask for some advise. I noticed that I can't play games on battery, any games even games that are 10 years old is significantly slow at ultra settings when on battery. I am not sure if this is true to newer laptops with high-end graphics chip since I noticed that I was able to do a full benchmark on an older laptop on battery. Is this true to all new gaming laptops? I have not tried yet on other laptops with a GTX but on my laptop with an RTX I can't play games while on battery.
What’s the laptop? Most modern high end gaming laptops cannot put enough amperage out of the battery to run the system at maximum clock speeds, and the system clicks down automatically when an AC adapter isn’t present. Not only would the battery die in under an hour, most laptop batteries don’t have the chemistry or temperature capacity to handle pushing out 200W+ of power like these high end machines need.

dcybergeek

Jun 23, 2020
You get better performance when plugged in because sometimes laptops throttle processing power to save battery life.

IntelUser2000

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2003
Not only would the battery die in under an hour, most laptop batteries don’t have the chemistry or temperature capacity to handle pushing out 200W+ of power like these high end machines need.
This is it. The battery cannot supply the power required by a full blown H series CPU and RTX 2080 mobile GPU.

ASK THE COMMUNITY