Why cant I get 60fps in 4k?

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
Specs are in my sig.

Trying to max out games like RE7 and Arkham Knight and I just cant get decent fps. Especially RE7. With everything cranked up and running at 3840*2160 I get maybe 35fps in RE7. I have motion blur, chromatic, depth of field all turned off. I do have resolution scaling set to 2 though.

Arkham Knight I know is shit optimized but I still feel like I should be pulling at least 60fps.

I uploaded cpu and gpu monitors here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KXk-TSnqVlch3iwTKhvY1i4IiODDJtE2

If anyone can tell me if its something bottle necking. I dont think its the cpu as if Im reading this correct it never goes over 50% load.

Its just frustrating that I bought a 1080ti expecting a huge increase in fps and am not really seeing a large gain.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Is the GPU @ 100% load? if so thats as fast as its going to get at your current settings. Lower settings to get more FPS.

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
It might be the RAM, as far as everything else yes I can lower the scaling down and it runs better but then why bother with a $800 vid card? grrrrrr. I was able to run that with my old card. Ill look at upgrading RAM.

What do you guys suggest? Will I really see an improvement stepping up the RAM if its still DDR3?

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
I game at 4k60 on a 1070 and your GPU is basically 2x faster. Make sure you are not running at 8k like your scaling suggests.

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
It might be the RAM, as far as everything else yes I can lower the scaling down and it runs better but then why bother with a $800 vid card? grrrrrr. I was able to run that with my old card. Ill look at upgrading RAM.

What do you guys suggest? Will I really see an improvement stepping up the RAM if its still DDR3?

Absolutely, but prices are scary. Some later boards support DDR3 3000+. I just went with reasonably tight 2400 mhz. I also had a kit of 2933 mhz which was really nice.

Before you buy the RAM, what is your performance at 1080p? And i suggest Rivatuner for in game monitoring.

dogen1

Oct 14, 2014
Specs are in my sig.

Trying to max out games like RE7 and Arkham Knight and I just cant get decent fps. Especially RE7. With everything cranked up and running at 3840*2160 I get maybe 35fps in RE7. I have motion blur, chromatic, depth of field all turned off. I do have resolution scaling set to 2 though.

Arkham Knight I know is shit optimized but I still feel like I should be pulling at least 60fps.

I uploaded cpu and gpu monitors here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KXk-TSnqVlch3iwTKhvY1i4IiODDJtE2

If anyone can tell me if its something bottle necking. I dont think its the cpu as if Im reading this correct it never goes over 50% load.

Its just frustrating that I bought a 1080ti expecting a huge increase in fps and am not really seeing a large gain.

4k with 2x resolution scaling isn't 4k lol. Arkham Knight I'm not sure about but RE7 should definitely run at 60 fps on your machine (it runs at locked 60 on PSVR, a 1080 ti should be able to absorb the resolution increase), just drop it back down to actual 4k.

Last edited: