Why cant chip makers make chips in a bag that are all the half burt ones, just for me :)

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
I must be one of the weird ones, I find the ones that are a little darker then the normal chips are the best tasting chips in the whole bag, and find myself hunting through the bag just for them, and tell my family if they come across one of them, or in a pretzel bag, a double stuck one, that its mine. I love finding the ones that just just toasty, not black and burnt up, just very golden brown, and Im in heaven eating it, screw the rest in the bag, unless I have a jar of mustard next to me to dip the chips in, then OMG heaven x 2 if I find a over cooked one or two in the bag.

I cannot be the only one like this, can I?

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
You can probably find a dumpster full of them at the chip factory. IIRC from Discovery channel:), part of the process is taking out the burnt/close to burnt ones. Seems like you like duds...

I like mine whole and cooked well (i.e. not burnt). Gets really annoying after you open a bag and let the air out, they all start breaking after that.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I love the brownish chips, which is why I eat Kettle Chips mainly, because they have a greater number of these types of chips.

Stay away from the Ruffles and whatnot, they are too perfect to be good.

Kettle Chips FTW!!!

KT

Chronoshock

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
I love the brownish chips, which is why I eat Kettle Chips mainly, because they have a greater number of these types of chips.

Stay away from the Ruffles and whatnot, they are too perfect to be good.

Kettle Chips FTW!!!

KT

I got a large back of the dark russet Kettle Chips from Costco, they're delicious. OP should get a bag. I actually really like half burnt cheese nips, the kind where the top bit of cracker is dark brown

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
I like the curled up chips... the ones that are bent over on themselves. They hold a lot of dip!

But actually... chips are teh devil so I stay away.

funboy, do you like anything else slighty burnt, like toast? my mother likes some foods extra cooked like that. she'd like the half burnt chips.

Daishiki2

Jul 11, 2007
If you ever stop by In and Out, ask for your fries well-done. They might be right up your alley.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
You can always buy your favorite chips and toss them in an oven. Then they will be warm and burnt just for you :D

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Yes fried have got to be well done on the outside, but not all the way through to the inside, just the outter shell has to get browned up and have a slight crunch to them, to be perfect to me. And yes, I like my toast to be a browned, not just "tanned" and my host dogs have to have coloring to them as well for me to eat them.

I found the always save brand chips to be my favorite because of their lack of quality controll, half the bag, if not more, is done up just the way I like it :)

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
I'd like to know why they can't make Salt & Pepper potato chips without loading them with garlic powder, onion powder, and a bunch of other crap that ruins the flavor.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: funboy42
I must be one of the weird ones, I find the ones that are a little darker then the normal chips are the best tasting chips in the whole bag, and find myself hunting through the bag just for them, and tell my family if they come across one of them, or in a pretzel bag, a double stuck one, that its mine. I love finding the ones that just just toasty, not black and burnt up, just very golden brown, and Im in heaven eating it, screw the rest in the bag, unless I have a jar of mustard next to me to dip the chips in, then OMG heaven x 2 if I find a over cooked one or two in the bag.

I cannot be the only one like this, can I?

How long have you had this problem?:confused:

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
They have extra crispy lays out i think. There alot crisper and burnt in my book.

benzylic

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2006
When I clicked on this thread I thought for sure, you were wanting Intel or AMD to save burnt chips for you. I was like huh? what good are they. Boy was I wrong though. My favorite chips though, Lays KC Masterpieced, and the baked version is good too.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by: moshquerade
I like the curled up chips... the ones that are bent over on themselves. They hold a lot of dip!

But actually... chips are teh devil so I stay away.

funboy, do you like anything else slighty burnt, like toast? my mother likes some foods extra cooked like that. she'd like the half burnt chips.

YES! The curly chip is tops. I'll dig through the bag for those.