Why are there News threads in here?

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
This forum is about things you'd discuss in a pub. That does include some news. It doesn't include bitter arguing over the news.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Originally posted by: Zap Brannigan
This is off topic, not the no spin zone or the CNN news ticker.

Because P&N is a misnomer... It's really just P

:thumbsup:

I complain about that all the time! Nobody expects ALL news to go into P&N, or all of the threads about sports would have to go in there too.

But the CNN thread shouldn't be in Off Topic.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Oh, and is this thread itself even correctly posted? Shouldn't it be a PM to a Mod instead?

I agree with Mugs though. If we are too strict, NOTHING belongs in Off Topic.

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: dullard
Oh, and is this thread itself even correctly posted? Shouldn't it be a PM to a Mod instead?

I agree with Mugs though. If we are too strict, NOTHING belongs in Off Topic.

I think someone has an Issues with the Forum. =)

Yeah, and P&N is more of a P&R(eligion).

Zap Brannigan

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2004
Originally posted by: CollectiveUnconscious
This belongs in Forum Issues, not in Off Topic, per your rationale.

You almost have a point but it's really not an issue, more of a reminder that threads with titles like CNN controversey of the day special on sale buy now belong in the news section.

CollectiveUnconscious

Jan 27, 2006

You almost have a point but it's really not an issue, more of a reminder that threads with titles like CNN controversey of the day special on sale buy now belong in the news section.

You're asking a question, about the forum, in your title. Forum questions go to moderators via PM or Forum Issues. You created a reminder about the issue of news belonging in P&N. Issues concerning the forum go to moderators via PM or Forum Issues. You are not a moderator, and it is not your responsibility to make reminders to go into specific forums. You posted in the wrong forum according to your reasoning that things belond in their specific forum.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com

if a mod moved it, then that would signal that a mod agreed with you
if you were a mod, you would have already moved it

i think i'll watch the CNN thread and see if it moves

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
This is off topic, not the no spin zone or the CNN news ticker.

Because P&N is a misnomer... It's really just P

Actually it's P,P. Partisan Politics.

Zap Brannigan

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2004

You're asking a question, about the forum, in your title. Forum questions go to moderators via PM or Forum Issues. You created a reminder about the issue of news belonging in P&N. Issues concerning the forum go to moderators via PM or Forum Issues. You are not a moderator, and it is not your responsibility to make reminders to go into specific forums. You posted in the wrong forum according to your reasoning that things belond in their specific forum.

I posted in this forum because I don't want to get anyone reprimanded by a mod as seems to be the trend in posting in the forum you mentioned, so this is the right forum for this thread according to my reasoning, and to you it's the wrong forum for this thread according to your rationalization.

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
because what what would the uptight ATOT brigade do if they didn't have sh*t to complain about?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
yawn.

i don't care what topic is posted. if it is something i do not want to read i do not click on it. i think that works pretty well.

CollectiveUnconscious

Jan 27, 2006
I posted in this forum because I don't want to get anyone reprimanded by a mod as seems to be the trend in posting in the forum you mentioned, so this is the right forum for this thread according to my reasoning, and to you it's the wrong forum for this thread according to your rationalization.

This is off topic, not the reminder-posting or save-from-reprimand zone.

NatePo717

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2005
Originally posted by: waggy
yawn.

i don't care what topic is posted. if it is something i do not want to read i do not click on it. i think that works pretty well.

:thumbsup: