Why are there are so many male latinos voting for Trump.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
If you don't agree with Biden and the Democrats then you ain't a Latino.
While I agree that was something Biden shouldn't have said I would certainly take it over 'laziness is an inherent trait of black people' or 'he can't judge me because he's a Mexican', haha.

I don't know why you guys pretend to care about racism or racially insensitive remarks when you support someone who is a proud, lifelong racist. Even more confusing is why you expect us to pretend to believe you.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
While I agree that was something Biden shouldn't have said I would certainly take it over 'laziness is an inherent trait of black people' or 'he can't judge me because he's a Mexican', haha.

I don't know why you guys pretend to care about racism or racially insensitive remarks when you support someone who is a proud, lifelong racist. Even more confusing is why you expect us to pretend to believe you.

Missed the point entirely.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z
Nov 8, 2012
If you don't agree with Biden and the Democrats then you ain't a Latino.

You mean Latinx

Even though no one in Latin countries actually use that term. Good to see America is still telling other countries what to do with their languages and cultures. Gotta 'Mericanize dem.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Missed the point entirely.

Still not right. It's good to remember that the latinx vote isn't a uniform bloc, but those who vote for Trump would be voting for someone who explicitly demonizes and marginalizes them.

Think about it: Trump isn't just opposed to illegal immigration, he's been trying to curb immigration as a whole (see his recent limitations on work visas as an example). He scapegoats entire demographics, makes dog whistles, and does little to address issues that would help their community. Voting for him is like shooting yourself in the foot and complaining that it hurts.

That I can tell, Trump primarily appeals to socially conservative men (never mind the hypocrisy of backing the most immoral president in US history), and that may be roping in some latinos.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
That is a matter of perspective. Trumpism needs to be snuffed out, of that is there no doubt. But the oligarchy is now a global problem, and as we have seen time and again through history, human nature is to splinter into homogenous or values aligned warring factions. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I hope the history books document the madness of a materialism, wealth, violence and fame obsessed culture. Specific to this thread, is not the goal of diversity and inclusion to welcome a latino Trump supporter to the table, and understand the life experiences that led them to that vote, instead of dismissing them because they don’t share your worldview?

That is a matter of perspective. Trumpism needs to be snuffed out, of that is there no doubt.
What is a matter of perspective? That is unjust? By any measure of decency, no its not. It doesnt really matter if its symptom or cause, its part of the same circle that in its entirety is unjust. If you disagree with this i'd love to hear your line of reasoning.
The oligarchy is most defiantly a global problem, 100% agree. The lesson here is to adopt this knowledge and with this in hand embrace our diversity and take on the future together, different as we may be. Of course there needs to be a subset of rules culture mindset that everybody needs to share, something individual freedom creed color gender(x) and separation of powers and a process that asserts representation to all corners of society.
Absolute power corrupts and those on the highest mountaintops who may have forgotten they are mere men might need to be dragged down by force.

" Specific to this thread, is not the goal of diversity and inclusion to welcome a latino Trump supporter to the table, and understand the life experiences that led them to that vote, instead of dismissing them because they don’t share your worldview?"
- Yes it is.

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
Gotta love the narcassistic attitude of presuming all latins must align with your narrow point of view on everything or else they must be stupid.

How sad and pathetic.

narrow point of view?
says the one who doesn't have enough tongue to lick the cheeto's ass.
q is about to drop another hint, get in line for it.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You mean Latinx

Even though no one in Latin countries actually use that term. Good to see America is still telling other countries what to do with their languages and cultures. Gotta 'Mericanize dem.

No, actually I didn't.

According to Google Trends, it was first seen online in 2004, and first appeared in academic literature "in a Puerto Rican psychological periodical to challenge the gender binaries encoded in the Spanish language." In the U.S. it was first used in activist and LGBT circles as a way to expand on earlier attempts at ... blah blah blah...

I meant Latino.

a person who was born or lives in South America, Central America, or Mexico or a person in the U.S. whose family is originally from South America, Central America, or Mexico

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
I sense a bit of anger from our resident Democrats that a large percentage of the Latino population aren't willing to be inhabitants of the the Democrats "we own you and your vote so you'd better stay in line, stay on our plantation and kiss our rosy red Democrat asses every election."

weren't you waiting for the next q hint?
stay alert, he is about to drop it.

The majority of Latinos ARE still against the cheeto.
The problem depicted here is that when the majority against him is not overwhelming, we see it as concerning. 30% of latinos voting for the cheeto is still 30% too high.
These retards trying to fit with the trumpsters are just looking for ACCEPTANCE, without realizing that the trumpsters will never see them as equal.

Go back to wait for next q hint

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Gotta love the narcassistic attitude of presuming all latins must align with your narrow point of view on everything or else they must be stupid.

How sad and pathetic.

Moving into mustard burger territory now. Your mom must be so proud.

Jul 9, 2009
Ill give you a pass if you are truly battling mental illness... If so, I hope you get better.
On the other hand if you are here in bad faith peddling retarded easily demonstrated false dishonest talking points then, well, you are exactly what I think you are.

I wonder why people of color primarily vote democratic. Could it be that it is the party that gives them representation?

On the R side : The male white show.
On the D side : Diversity.

But you already know this, that is what makes you a soulless deplorable human being.

The Male White Show needs to be cancelled. Around the globe.
Biden and his support of Sen Byrd. Thank you for trying.