Why are there are so many male latinos voting for Trump.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I doubt that the fact that disinformation has been targeting Latino & Black populations more this time has anything to do with it.

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
As a latino I can tell you that most of us detest the orange slimeball.
However, like in any group, we have some idiots who support him:

- Cubans and Venezuelans who take the bait of "democrats will turn the USA into Cuba or Venezuela"
- Religious freaks who truly eat the bait of "protect the unborn"
- Those who really don't want their kind to progress.

Depressing I know.
Latino trumpsters are a group who are being completely scammed, as they will never be accepted by the others trumpsters.
But if that is what they want...

Nov 8, 2012
As a latino I can tell you that most of us detest the orange slimeball.
However, like in any group, we have some idiots who support him:

- Cubans and Venezuelans who take the bait of "democrats will turn the USA into Cuba or Venezuela"
- Religious freaks who truly eat the bait of "protect the unborn"
- Those who really don't want their kind to progress.

Depressing I know.
Latino trumpsters are a group who are being completely scammed, as they will never be accepted by the others trumpsters.
But if that is what they want...
Gotta love the narcassistic attitude of presuming all latins must align with your narrow point of view on everything or else they must be stupid.

How sad and pathetic.

Jul 9, 2009
I sense a bit of anger from our resident Democrats that a large percentage of the Latino population aren't willing to be inhabitants of the the Democrats "we own you and your vote so you'd better stay in line, stay on our plantation and kiss our rosy red Democrat asses every election."

Reactions: pcgeek11

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I sense a bit of anger from our resident Democrats that a large percentage of the Latino population aren't willing to be inhabitants of the the Democrats "we own you and your vote so you'd better stay in line, stay on our plantation and kiss our rosy red Democrat asses every election."
Culture and race have not much to do with each other. Both Latino and American culture have elements about them that cause men to go haywire in their development. In both there is this tremendous need placed on boys to adhere to a totally ridiculous notion of what it is to be a man, accompanied, of course, by fear that one will not be selected for sexually or have any success in life. The kind of men we are talking about aren't really men because they are full of fear they will fail as men. You well see behind all manly bravado, this fear. Men know and feel they are men. They have no need to express hyper masculinity or engage in manly behavior for show. You can look at Trump and see a total failure of manhood. he is a complete and total phony. To be a man you have to be a person.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I have a more appropriate question, why would people of any ethnicity vote for Trump? Why would they attend his rallies ignoring the Covid? Why would they cheer when Trump promises to take away their healthcare? Why would they want to be ruled by his family of inbreds? Why would people ignore all wisdom and logic learned throughout their lifetime and tossing it all away to follow some failed reality TV game show host? Why do people lose their minds? I don’t know but I do know that Donald Trump knows how to use them to his advantage, and the poor schmucks can’t even see it.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Oh, the classic "minorities are too stupid to make up their minds to vote Democratic on their own, they must be owned by Democrats" argument.

Libtards are the real racists!!

Reactions: DarthKyrie and pmv

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Ill give you a pass if you are truly battling mental illness... If so, I hope you get better.
On the other hand if you are here in bad faith peddling retarded easily demonstrated false dishonest talking points then, well, you are exactly what I think you are.

I wonder why people of color primarily vote democratic. Could it be that it is the party that gives them representation?

On the R side : The male white show.
On the D side : Diversity.

But you already know this, that is what makes you a soulless deplorable human being.

The Male White Show needs to be cancelled. Around the globe.

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
I know multiple spanish families who like Trump because he is making it hard for illegals to get handouts. The ones I'm talking about worked their asses off to become citizens here and feel it's a slap in the face before Trump when illegals would get handouts from the government and they didn't get help when they were struggling.

But when they were struggling it was like either Bush or early Obama years. It wasn't immediately before Trump. But they like that he is making it harder for illegals to just come and integrate and get handouts because they didn't have it easy either.

That said, that doesn't mean they are voting for him. But they did see that as a positive. I also have multiple spanish families on my street that can't wait for him to get out of office.
I doubt that but ok? And can you say that for the "White" population that doesn't like anybody outside their race in Amerikkka! Oh by the way - I'm Latino, work for a living, have a good paying job, and my TSP account is doing great but I'm not voting for Trump! No way Jose! Successful my arse!

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Ill give you a pass if you are truly battling mental illness... If so, I hope you get better.
On the other hand if you are here in bad faith peddling retarded easily demonstrated false dishonest talking points then, well, you are exactly what I think you are.

I wonder why people of color primarily vote democratic. Could it be that it is the party that gives them representation?

On the R side : The male white show.
On the D side : Diversity.

But you already know this, that is what makes you a soulless deplorable human being.

The Male White Show needs to be cancelled. Around the globe.
Globally, the male white show is not responsible for the ethnic cleansing and genocide that is happening or has happened in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Cancel the white male show, and a new show will take its place, and not necessarily a better one. As for the United States, the diversity you speak of is only unified against an opposing party that is predominantly white, but splinters whenever it comes time to build consensus.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Globally, the male white show is not responsible for the ethnic cleansing and genocide that is happening or has happened in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Cancel the white male show, and a new show will take its place, and not necessarily a better one. As for the United States, the diversity you speak of is only unified against an opposing party that is predominantly white, but splinters whenever it comes time to build consensus.

But you do see the white male show, right? By the very nature of it, its unjust. Representation. Why in the hell else would non white people give permission to be governed to some 'lord' 1000 miles away from your day to day? Change is coming and its either for the better or another round of full onset fascism mafia state for the few/oligarks. Standing on the side of exclusive white is the side of wrong. I hope to god the history books will reflect this.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
But you do see the white male show, right? By the very nature of it, its unjust. Representation. Why in the hell else would non white people give permission to be governed to some 'lord' 1000 miles away from your day to day? Change is coming and its either for the better or another round of full onset fascism mafia state for the few/oligarks. Standing on the side of exclusive white is the side of wrong. I hope to god the history books will reflect this.
That is a matter of perspective. Trumpism needs to be snuffed out, of that is there no doubt. But the oligarchy is now a global problem, and as we have seen time and again through history, human nature is to splinter into homogenous or values aligned warring factions. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I hope the history books document the madness of a materialism, wealth, violence and fame obsessed culture. Specific to this thread, is not the goal of diversity and inclusion to welcome a latino Trump supporter to the table, and understand the life experiences that led them to that vote, instead of dismissing them because they don’t share your worldview?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That is a matter of perspective. Trumpism needs to be snuffed out, of that is there no doubt. But the oligarchy is now a global problem, and as we have seen time and again through history, human nature is to splinter into homogenous or values aligned warring factions. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I hope the history books document the madness of a materialism, wealth, violence and fame obsessed culture. Specific to this thread, is not the goal of diversity and inclusion to welcome a latino Trump supporter to the table, and understand the life experiences that led them to that vote, instead of dismissing them because they don’t share your worldview?

The catch, of course, is that no Trumpster is more than marginally rational. They're all victims of right wing propaganda created by the oligarchy.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

I think 'diversity and inclusion' are over-rated values. They have their limits. On the other hand, 'understanding' is always good, even just for it's own sake. But one might understand what led someone to be the way they are, and still not want them at your table.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
If you're a single issue voter and that issue is money, you'll excuse a lot to support the candidate you think will tax you less.

Even a candidate who sets the stage for harassment, assault and even murder of the people who are the same ethnicity as you. I can see how people see that as stupid. How much of your check do you get to enjoy when dipshit takes your healthcare and his goons shoot up your family at a Walmart? Hint: not much

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
If you're a single issue voter and that issue is money, you'll excuse a lot to support the candidate you think will tax you less.

Even a candidate who sets the stage for harassment, assault and even murder of the people who are the same ethnicity as you. I can see how people see that as stupid. How much of your check do you get to enjoy when dipshit takes your healthcare and his goons shoot up your family at a Walmart? Hint: not much

If your check is large enough, your family won't be shopping at Walmart, and you can afford the full cost of healthcare. Anyway, why does this matter? Whoever said ethnicity was the _only_ issue people consider when voting? What's remarkable is how far the Republicans have managed to alienate people over that one topic. Seems as if Taj is desperately trying not to think about that, hence his straw man building.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I know that latinos are usually conserative. But, to stand behind a president who has done nothing but put down immigrants is crazy.

I think male latinos are often macho, and Trump's macho, i.e. bravado without substance, without finesse (same reason the majority of white men support Trump). Also, the Cubans tend to be anti-communist in the extreme, the ones who left Cuba, that is, and they tend to side with Republicans, who are more anti-Cuban regime. Aside from that? Well, by and large, latinos are siding with Biden strongly, just nothing like the extent that blacks are.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

I've always thought that people who vote their pocketbook are retarded, selfish, short sighted, banal. I could throw in deplorable, but Hillary beat me to it.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
True, but I'm not witty enough to pull that off intentionally haha

Plus I'd sound like a consertavard if I didn't understand my typo, or I'd just double down perhaps.
Eh, "I have no use for man who can only spell a word one way. - Mark Twain

Reactions: kage69

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
If your check is large enough, your family won't be shopping at Walmart, and you can afford the full cost of healthcare. Anyway, why does this matter? Whoever said ethnicity was the _only_ issue people consider when voting? What's remarkable is how far the Republicans have managed to alienate people over that one topic. Seems as if Taj is desperately trying not to think about that, hence his straw man building.

I see BMWs and Cadillacs in Walmart parking lots with some regularity. I think contradictions and dichotomies are inherently attention grabbing issues. I don't know who thinks ethnicity is the only issue to consider, but I do know I couldn't really care less what a traitor and coward like Taj thinks. Put that fascist sucking fool on my Ignore list years ago, no regrets.

Mar 11, 2004
Male stupidity ignores racial divide.

Well its not like various dictators and cartel leaders had no support. Latinos are not more averse to dictators or immune to their ploys than any other demographic.

I'm not surprised that Turmp's bullshit romantic American Dream lies work on one of the demographics that actually the American Dream kinda actually works that way, where they can within a generation via just hard work, go from severe poverty to relative wealth.

Nor is it shocking that a group that has had to bust its ass might have a FYGM mentality since they likely have literally had to survive that way.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I've always thought that people who vote their pocketbook are retarded, selfish, short sighted, banal. I could throw in deplorable, but Hillary beat me to it.

I think being a single issue voter in general is a bad idea. Odds are it's less about being steadfast in your resolve, more about having issues with compromise and narcissism, sometimes even basic facts.

Electing to view the world through a key hole means someone will be taking advantage of your lack of scope, for starters. Republicans have refined this down to an art form.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

If you don't agree with Biden and the Democrats then you ain't a Latino.