Why are the top crime ridden cities in the US Democrat run?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I'm going to take a moment to be an adult. I generally try to avoid these threads as contributing to them only serves to add supporting content to the person who "took the bait"

This should give you a general idea on how OP came across a misleading article based on a false premise targeted to specific demographics pushed out of the Heritage Foundation.

The conversation that should arise from this is not the nonsense OP is unwittingly spreading.
The conversation should be about how conservative organizations are using data driven tactics to manipulate people.
OP is a tool.
A tool being used to spread a narrative.
Unfortunately for the tool that posted this narrative, its extremely easy to dissect and counter based on hard facts so he ends up looking like an asshole to those who pay attention. Unfortunately, he accomplished his task.

ok....got that out of the system

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Is there a large city that doesn't vote Democrat?
You are simply describing large cities.

In essence the criminality is human nature. We have failed to address the roots of poverty how that ties into gang behavior. It becomes a separate and lawless society positioned as the underbelly of our own society.
Because most densely populated areas lean left? One (democrats) does not cause the other (crime). Dense population is the more likely cause of crime.

Yeah youre right. After thinking about this, when I made the thread, I wasnt taking into account larger shooting numbers follows larger populations. Larger cities tend to be blue (which is a different discussion altogether). Therefore 1+1=2.

I want to point I didnt say anything close to "Obviously Democrat policies dont work". Those things were projected on to me by others.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
You put words in your own mouth by referencing a hack right wing propaganda website making a claim about Democrats.

So yeah, you did say something.

You just embarrassed yourself lol. Neither page I linked propagandized "Democrats are bad!!!!111oneoneone". The first link quoted Trumps words, but no where did the writer of the information expand on that.

Can you point to the incorrect data on either site I posted?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Yeah youre right. After thinking about this, when I made the thread, I wasnt taking into account larger shooting numbers follows larger populations. Larger cities tend to be blue (which is a different discussion altogether). Therefore 1+1=2.

I want to point I didnt say anything close to "Obviously Democrat policies dont work". Those things were projected on to me by others.

Bullshit. This has been pointed out to you so many times before that search history would probably return multiple pages.

This thread is just another opportunity for you to JAQ off

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
You just embarrassed yourself lol. Neither page I linked propagandized "Democrats are bad!!!!111oneoneone". The first link quoted Trumps words, but no where did the writer of the information expand on that.

What part of "right wing propaganda hack news site" did you not get? Honest Question (tm).

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
What part of "right wing propaganda hack news site" did you not get? Honest Question (tm).

Nice dodge!

edit: In other words, if CNBC reports water is wet, but some site youve deemed as propaganda makes that same claim, one is right and one is wrong? Or one is fact the other propaganda?

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
Nice dodge!

edit: In other words, if CNBC reports water is wet, but some site youve deemed as propaganda makes that same claim, one is right and one is wrong? Or one is fact the other propaganda?

That nice DENSE suit you are wearing looks mighty fine on you.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Serious question: what would be the Republican solution to crime in major cities besides the implementation of a police state?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
You also have to read about migration patterns - what drove poorer blacks from the South to the cities, then white flight from the cities to the burbs, etc... these factors come into play in some of the cities as well. It's a complex issue but most of the reasons are poverty and racially based.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Serious question: what would be the Republican solution to crime in major cities besides the implementation of a police state?
Don't remember rich Democrat Liberal New Yorkers complaining too much about a police state when Bloomberg was in charge of New York City and reduced its crime level to circa 1950.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The dailysignal? Holy shit! Did anyone bother fact checking the OP’s claim before giving any validity to his post?

Reactions: ch33zw1z

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

It isn't about incorrect data. It is about false conclusions drawn from data. or worse, deliberately misleading people with data.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Because criminals follow the money.

And Democrat controlled areas account for 70% of the GDP in America.

It doesn't pay to crime with poor white trailer trash in red states.

125180988_10223070897976455_5019424865597525867_n.jpg

In short, fuck you and this sad attempt to smear what is essentially the leaders of more than 2/3 of this nations productive industry.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Don't remember rich Democrat Liberal New Yorkers complaining too much about a police state when Bloomberg was in charge of New York City and reduced its crime level to circa 1950.

The crime rate was already plummeting by the early 90s before your painted clown Giuliani became mayor.

Next time just say Chicago 3 times into the mirror at midnight and save us your tired already-debunked talking points.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Giuliani and Bloomberg had no problem keeping liberal New York safe
Is that why Major crimes and Murders spiked during Bloombergs time as Mayor?

Actually, major crime rates and murders in New York City started on a downward trajectory in 1990, but had it's biggest drop in the first 4 years of Giuliani's stent in office. We can't really say if it was due to any policies Giuliani enacted or if it was due to what was already started prior to his stent in office since there was a good drop the 4 years prior to him taking office as well. The crime rate/murder rate continued on a slower, but good paced trajectory Until Bloomberg took office where it has quite a few spikes until 2012/2013 when he left office and the trajectory started down again at a slower pace. Yes, Crime was lower when he left office than when he took office, but you can't ignore the spikes that took place in-between if you want to argue he had a good influence on crime during his stent, which the actual data during his term(s) indicate otherwise. Of course, all this has to do with the policies of the mayors, not their political affiliation.

Last edited:

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Because criminals follow the money.

And Democrat controlled areas account for 70% of the GDP in America.

It doesn't pay to crime with poor white trailer trash in red states.

View attachment 34348

In short, fuck you and this sad attempt to smear what is essentially the leaders of more than 2/3 of this nations productive industry.

What's hilarious is that the top 2 Republican counties are filled with people who work in New York City and the Top Republican county went with Biden in the 2020 election.