Why are the top crime ridden cities in the US Democrat run?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Honest question. The majority of the most crime ridden cities are run by Democrats?

America’s Top 20 Cities for Crime, and What Party Runs Them (dailysignal.com)

BB15YbFf.img (1119×1365) (akamaized.net)

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
So did you do any actual research on any of the names on that list? While I haven't myself, I do live next to city #13 and the mayor there's absolutely not a Democrat, and their previous couple of mayors were also Republicans. Whoever made that web site didn't seem to do much actual research. I somehow doubt #13's the only mistake. But even if it is, that's pretty big oversight by whoever made the site. Tomorrow when I have more time I'll look up the rest of the names.

#13's a piss poor city that no mayor could fix. Most of the cities on that list are probably also piss poor. #13 would be a hell hole even if they had a Republican may... oh wait they already do. As well as the rest of the cities on the list would be. Extreme poverty tends to lead to a lot of crime.

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Well that's clearly _not_ an honest question, because it's a point you keep trying to push.

It's none of my concern, really, not being American, except that the same sort of disingenuous inability to distinguish correlation from causation also comes up here in the UK.

The obvious answer is that many of the factors that lead to high crime rates also lead to people voting for 'interventionist' (i.e. 'leftist') political parties. Those factors would include poverty, and a history of suffering discrimination, and more complex social problems. Also a big factor, and a less obviously political one, in crime rates is simply 'churn' - how transient a population is - something that tends to be much greater in big cities than in rural areas or small towns.

Don't know why I'm bothering to try and answer it as if it were an honest question, when it's very clear that it isn't.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Well that's clearly _not_ an honest question, because it's a point you keep trying to push.

It's none of my concern, really, not being American, except that the same sort of disingenuous inability to distinguish correlation from causation also comes up here in the UK.

The obvious answer is that many of the factors that lead to high crime rates also lead to people voting for 'interventionist' (i.e. 'leftist') political parties. Those factors would include poverty, and a history of suffering discrimination, and more complex social problems. Also a big factor, and a less obviously political one, in crime rates is simply 'churn' - how transient a population is - something that tends to be much greater in big cities than in rural areas or small towns.

Don't know why I'm bothering to try and answer it as if it were an honest question, when it's very clear that it isn't.
It can be an honest question for somebody who doesn't know how to think. That can result from having unexamined assumptions that are imagined to be true but aren't, as well as assuming one knows when one is being honest.

In my opinion if you believe that you know things that are ideological then you surely believe in lies.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Cause others might be reading and unless these things are challenged immediately they can grow roots and become information pest.

Reactions: mikeymikec

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
Honest question. The states with the highest obesity rates are run by Republicans? The majority of the highest poverty counties are in rural Republican counties? Why don't Republicans take personal responsibility?

Good to see the OP clearly thought through his logic on this one /s.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

Holy crap...
You may want to just edit your post and change it to kittens or something.
You just entered Brandonbull territory with your premise and supporting link.

It doesn't take a lot of effort to vet something you find on the internet. When you post shit like that, it reflects on you as a person.
Are you having a rough day or something? You angry about something and you just felt like posting a random link to be argumentative?
I realize this is just the internet on a forum, you are what you post.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
More proof that the modern (fake) Conservative movement and its political party (the Republican's) are all about grievances and not at all about policy.

If you cared about sound policy to help fellow Americans you wouldn't care about something as uninteresting as what team a leader belongs to, you'd care about the policies they champion and implement.

But hey, Democrats could play that game as well! The poorest least well educated and least financially sound States have been run by Republicans for years, ergo, Republican governors are a disaster!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
If you cared about sound policy to help fellow Americans you wouldn't care about something as uninteresting as what team a leader belongs to, you'd care about the policies they champion and implement.

Republicans don't have any policy that would help these people are are entirely uninterested in them besides their utility as a tribal cudgel as the op demonstrates.

Something something liberals and their identity politics.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Honest question. The majority of the most crime ridden cities are run by Democrats?

America’s Top 20 Cities for Crime, and What Party Runs Them (dailysignal.com)

Is there a large city that doesn't vote Democrat?
You are simply describing large cities.

In essence the criminality is human nature. We have failed to address the roots of poverty how that ties into gang behavior. It becomes a separate and lawless society positioned as the underbelly of our own society.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

In essence the criminality is human nature. We have failed to address the roots of poverty how that ties into gang behavior.

San Diego? But Faulconer isn't a typical Republican though.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
San Diego? But Faulconer isn't a typical Republican though.
Also, Faulconer only ended up in office because the old mayor was a weird perv. Also, San Diego just elected a Democrat to replace him.

I will always hate Faulconer - he banned drinking on the beach!

Reactions: K1052

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
More proof that the modern (fake) Conservative movement and its political party (the Republican's) are all about grievances and not at all about policy.

But hey, Democrats could play that game as well! The poorest least well educated and least financially sound States have been run by Republicans for years, ergo, Republican governors are a disaster!
I never said anything about them being a disaster.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

In essence the criminality is human nature. We have failed to address the roots of poverty how that ties into gang behavior. It becomes a separate and lawless society positioned as the underbelly of our own society.
Good point!