Why are people such pussies?

GooberPHX420

Banned
Jan 13, 2002
Ive got this friend who has extreme mental problems. 4 months ago his mom sent him out of state to some sort of institution because he always has extreme depression and anger problems. He used to cut his wrists whenever he needed some attention or love. So he came back a month ago all purdy and nice and stuff. So he went psycho again tonight. He tried to slice his arms up again and was threatening to kill one of my friends - all over some skinny whore they both had their fun with. How fvkcing stupid is that? Why are people so weak and stupid?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Goober, do you like anything? Dude your wound up to tight relax man.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i want a skinny whore dammit :p

i'll tell you why these people are so "weak and stupid"... it's because they weren't f*cking raised properly. you mentioned he needs attention or love. a properly raised child does not need to seek it in that manner because he/she gets quality attention from his/her parents. hopefully incidents like this illustrate why it should be a serious crime to abuse a child.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

<< i want a skinny whore dammit :p

i'll tell you why these people are so "weak and stupid"... it's because they weren't f*cking raised properly. you mentioned he needs attention or love. a properly raised child does not need to seek it in that manner because he/she gets quality attention from his/her parents. hopefully incidents like this illustrate why it should be a serious crime to abuse a child.
>>

Dude, a$$holes kids come out of even "well-raised" children. Bad parenting isn't the root of all evil. Yes, it's a big problem, but it's not the only root cause.

Some people are, by nature, needy, selfish, greedy, unwilling to face their own problems. Sometimes, no amount of good parenting can fix those tendencies.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Dude, a$$holes kids come out of even "well-raised" children. Bad parenting isn't the root of all evil. Yes, it's a big problem, but it's not the only root cause.

first off, who said anything about being an asshole? secondly, people have misconceptions as to what "well-raised" entails. if you give a child a good amount of love and attention, and combine that with a stable environment where they are taught right and wrong, a guarantee you the VAST majority of kids raised like that will turn out to be good.

Some people are, by nature, needy, selfish, greedy, unwilling to face their own problems. Sometimes, no amount of good parenting can fix those tendencies.

1% or less. there are exceptions to every rule. btw sometimes kids get f*cked up by people other than their parents, but i still consider that partially the parents' fault for not protecting them.

if you think this kind of a problem just comes out of nowhere, i think you're mistaken. it is not in our nature to have extreme mental problems and slash our wrists.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001

<< gp - if I were less tired, I'd reply... I'm pooped. Maybe tomorrow. :D >>

oh come off it, you know i'm right :p

i'll put it this way. if every kid was raised by bill cosby and phylicia rashad, do you think we would have any significant number of kids doing this?

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

<<

<< gp - if I were less tired, I'd reply... I'm pooped. Maybe tomorrow. :D >>

oh come off it, you know i'm right :p

i'll put it this way. if every kid was raised by bill cosby and phylicia rashad, do you think we would have any significant number of kids doing this?
>>

Maybe not significantly, but I think a number would.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
Maybe not significantly, but I think a number would.

i think so too... maybe like one out of every hundred. this random error is dwarfed by the systematic error, however.

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000

<< Maybe not significantly, but I think a number would.

i think so too... maybe like one out of every hundred. this random error is dwarfed by the systematic error, however.
>>

Forget 1 in a hundred, I've been seeing these suicide missions almost 1 in every 20 people I know. :(

chickendinner

Banned
Jan 31, 2002
nah, its weeding out the weak, no psychological bs can defend the fact that the person chose to kill themselves. if they needed help they'd get it themselves. its not anybody's fault but ther own; thats why its not legal and frowned upon by most people. Plenty of people have had crappy lives while growing up, even abuse and or molestation and live to see another day.

GiGoLo

Oct 1, 2001
i agree with chickendinner. i'm willing to bet that if we did a poll on how many people have ever contemplated suicide, the results would be really high... but most people stick it through and suck it up

i have to agree with what zakath said too... yes parenting plays an important role, but again i'm sure a huge percentage of people have thought about suicide at one point or another... does that mean all of them were raised poorly too?? i would think that most suicide attempts are from people who are neglected from not just their parents, but from their peers as well... just IMO

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i have to agree with what zakath said too... yes parenting plays an important role, but again i'm sure a huge percentage of people have thought about suicide at one point or another... does that mean all of them were raised poorly too?? i would think that most suicide attempts are from people who are neglected from not just their parents, but from their peers as well... just IMO

there is a difference between a fleeting thought of suicide, and actually slashing your wrists. it is only natural to think about suicide every once in a while... i mean i could tell you not to think about it, and *boom* you would think about it (like a white bear). however to be to the point where you have to be sent to an out of state institution... that is another story.

kamiam

Banned
Dec 12, 1999

<< i agree with chickendinner. i'm willing to bet that if we did a poll on how many people have ever contemplated suicide, the results would be really high... but most people stick it through and suck it up

>>

everyone goes thru depressions and most people contimplate suicide,but only in a fleeting moment...

it takes a strong minded/willed individual to survive that kind of treatment [in bold...parents AND peers] and come out unscathed...most function realitively normal lives w/ some quirks down to the type of individual described above or worse...also depending of the severity of the abuse/neglect

GiGoLo

Oct 1, 2001

<< 1% or less. there are exceptions to every rule. btw sometimes kids get f*cked up by people other than their parents, but i still consider that partially the parents' fault for not protecting them. >>

this statement doesn't hold much validity to me. first of all, how would you know the percentage of people that fit that description... second, how can parents be expected to "protect" their kids from abuse at school (meaning teasing from other kids, bullies, name calling, whatever it may be). cuz once again, and this is only my opinion, but i suspect that some kids who grow up to have serious mental problems are those who are overprotected by their parents and too sheltered (granted the percentage isn't nearly as high as those who received no love/attention from their parents)

but neways, i never disagreed with you... all i meant was that while parenting is a huge part of it, they can't be held 100% responsible

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
this statement doesn't hold much validity to me. first of all, how would you know the percentage of people that fit that description...

that's why i said "or less"... to indicate that it is a small percentage, though i don't have the specific number (i doubt anybody does).

second, how can parents be expected to "protect" their kids from abuse at school (meaning teasing from other kids, bullies, name calling, whatever it may be). cuz once again, and this is only my opinion, but i suspect that some kids who grow up to have serious mental problems are those who are overprotected by their parents and too sheltered (granted the percentage isn't nearly as high as those who received no love/attention from their parents)

agreed, you don't want to be too sheltered. i actually was not talking about protecting against bullies and stuff. i was referring to stuff like sexual or physical abuse. as for bullies and what not... you're right, parents can't always be there to stop that. but they can do a lot to make sure that it doesn't affect the kid too much... talking to the teacher, volunteering, etc. and once the kids are a certain age, hopefully the parent will have raised the child so that these types of things don't make such a big impact on them...

i was teased... my mom did the things i mentioned, and it got a little better. i was still teased every once in a while though... in middle school it got worse. but by that time, i was really into studying and music, so i didn't care *that* much about whether somebody called me a name. what parents should do is find ways for kids to feel self-worth that doesn't depend on other people.

but neways, i never disagreed with you...

too late, vendetta against you and your family.

all i meant was that while parenting is a huge part of it, they can't be held 100% responsible

i agree... 99% or more ;)

GiGoLo

Oct 1, 2001

<< too late, vendetta against you and your family. >>

hehe... point well taken. btw, OT but if you can afford it, I would take Rice over A&M anyday of the week :p (i posted in your other thread earlier today)

<------- UT Austin CS major

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001

<<

<< too late, vendetta against you and your family. >>

hehe... point well taken. btw, OT but if you can afford it, I would take Rice over A&M anyday of the week :p (i posted in your other thread earlier today)

<------- UT Austin CS major
>>

yea, i definitely would, esp. since i would be out of there with a masters in 3-4 years with their nice combo program :) and the naked people running around part... that doesn't hurt either :D

Rob9874

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
My fiancee's brother committed suicide in 1995 at the age of 20. Shot himself with a shotgun after hearing his ex was with another guy. Seven years later, my fiancee still breaks down when talking about it. His suicide affected everyone in their family. My fiancee considered dropping out of school. When you lose a young loved one like that, you don't feel like going on. She still wonders of there was something she could have done. Or what could have been different that would have changed the outcome. Suicide victims don't think about the long-term effects their actions have on their families. Yes, it is the pussy way out. And if you know anyone who merely mentions it, whether for attention or not, get them help.