WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL PROTESTING THE WAR?

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
In San Jose apparently there are STILL people protesting the war when it's friggin' OVER!

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
the invasion isn't over yet

only major combat has been declared over lol

how convenient, if they declared victory, they would not be allowed to hunt down regime members et al things like that

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Did they secretly bring back all the troops or something.

...also, I think your caps-lock is stuck.

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003
Do you have any links to the San Jose protestors? I'm just curious as to what their solution to the whole ordeal is now.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I dropped a hammer on my toe and didn't stop bitching about it till well after the pain went away... then I joked about having clumsy hands and fragile toes.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
There were 4 on a corner today as I was coming back from lunch. They had signs saying "UN in, US out!" I stopped and handed them a few of my "Get the U.S. out of the U.N. bumper stickers." At first they weren't quite sure what to think and then they got pissed and claimed I was infringing on their right to protest. Of course these fine upstanding and concerned people looked like they hadn't held a job since sometime around 1968.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: shinerburke
There were 4 on a corner today as I was coming back from lunch. They had signs saying "UN in, US out!" I stopped and handed them a few of my "Get the U.S. out of the U.N. bumper stickers." At first they weren't quite sure what to think and then they got pissed and claimed I was infringing on their right to protest. Of course these fine upstanding and concerned people looked like they hadn't held a job since sometime around 1968.

What a fine example of a load of crap.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: konichiwa
For the same reason republicans continue to carp over Clinton's misdoings.

lol, so true.

To people like that GET OVER IT ALREADY.

Well at least War protesters are living about 3 weeks into the past, while Clinton bashers are living 4-6 years in the past.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Bowfinger

Game. Set. Match.

Nicely done.

?eh

oh yah, i saw a raving mob of anti clinton protestors this past weekend...
rolleye.gif

game. set. stretch.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Whatever, you don't see any republicans stopping traffic and disturbing the peace about it, all the while forcing officers into overtime trying to stop them.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Syringer

Whatever, you don't see any republicans stopping traffic and disturbing the peace about it, all the while forcing officers into overtime trying to stop them.

No but they sure manage to take up most of the Sunday political shows' precious time
rolleye.gif

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

No but they sure manage to take up most of the Sunday political shows' precious time
rolleye.gif

*yawn*

Yeah, that's much worse than preventing people from going to work and preventing cops from doing actual work..

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Foolish morons..they know they are wrong but achieve comfort in their own political bigotry. US protesters are demo party constituents..especialy the ones sitting in the middle of the intersections keeping you from going to work or going home at the end of the day.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hence the eye roll. Loosen up, pal ;)

Right..I'm not surprised you avoided the question.

Oh come on, do you seriously think that I am comparing sunday politicking shows with active street protests? I'm only comparing the protest in principle.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
It was a war waged under false pretenses and now being justified under a different pretense. The current administration is also enjoying broad public support DESPITE broad international opposition (not to mention domestic reservations) prior to the war. If there's no price to pay for unethical behavior (lying, providing financial benefits to favored donors/supporters) or immoral behavior (basing military ops out of schools in an occupied country) then you can expect Operation Iraqi Freedom to be repeated.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
In San Jose apparently there are STILL people protesting the war when it's friggin' OVER!

Are they saying that the US should get out of Iraq?