Why are Obama supporters ashamed of his middle name?

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
People hated Hillary Clinton because originally she didn't take her husband's last name (I personally don't give a crap). The right started calling her Hillary Rodham Clinton. No one here thought it mattered.

Yet people seem to be ashamed of Hussein, Obama's middle name. If Obama is the messiah that Obamabots believe he is, shouldn't he be able to transcend such "distractions"?

Case in point, this guy at my old school's name was Hussein. No one thought anything of it. It's just a name.

So why are Obama supporters ashamed of his name, Hussein?

Click me!

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
In before lock. :)

Divide and Conquer:
- I believe McCain keeps bumping up against 45% in the polls.
- Only way for McCain '08 and Hillary '12 to be competitive with Obama is to continually ding his potential pool of voters with stuff like Reverend Wright, cling to, Hussein, he's a muslim, a black man can't win...

Foxery

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2008
His supporters aren't the ones who are concerned about it. It's just a name.

Did you have a point?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Foxery

Did you have a point?

QFT, it's the Duhversions, not the name that annoys.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Did you have a point?

Wrong. It's his supporters that seem to be throwing fits about it being used. I'm sure there are many reasons why this is the case but I'll let them tell us why.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

Did you have a point?

Wrong. It's his supporters that seem to be throwing fits about it being used. I'm sure there are many reasons why this is the case but I'll let them tell us why.

i don't have a problem with the fact that his middle name is husein, i have a problem with it being used as a diversion and the implications that come from it, and obnoxious use of it as witnessed by the op for instance.

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001

Did you have a point?

I think it's because the right is making a point of saying it to make people think he's some kind of Muslim. You don't hear Democrats going around saying John McCain's middle name do you?

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
I would say the insinuation that he's a Muslim by referring to him as BHO may be more fair game than blantent race baiting.

But what is telling to me is that McCain supporters never tout his virtues; they can only attack Obama.

(I suspect that deep in their hearts they know that McCain is just as lame to Republicans as Kerry / Edwards presumably was to Democrats in 04).

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

Did you have a point?

i don't have a problem with the fact that his middle name is husein, i have a problem with it being used as a diversion and the implications that come from it, and obnoxious use of it as witnessed by the op for instance.

I don't have a problem with his middle name either. I have a problem with the fact that some seem to think it's off-limits to use it even in initial format. But whatever, it just shows the immaturity of his supporters IMO.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Obama's name is powerful Mojo in the world and a huge advantage to the American people, ignorant asses though they be and I have said so right along from the first time this stupididty arose:

Some Info on it

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
How come there are never any threads by McCain supporters expounding on all his virtues and how great a president he will be?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ

Did you have a point?

I think it's because the right is making a point of saying it to make people think he's some kind of Muslim. You don't hear Democrats going around saying John McCain's middle name do you?

Not that this topic is about McCain.... McCain's name has been butchered by his detractors which is not much differ than your opinion that "H" is divisive.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Did you have a point?

Not that this topic is about McCain.... McCain's name has been butchered by his detractors which is not much differ than your opinion that "H" is divisive.

At least McCains "butchered" name is Witty. Nothing like insisting on speaking Obama's middle name.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: sandorski

Did you have a point?

At least McCains "butchered" name is Witty. Nothing like insisting on speaking Obama's middle name.

IMO, using BHO's middle name(like I just did) is proper usage as it is his REAL name. Why is using his REAL name any more wrong than butchering one?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Did you have a point?

IMO, using BHO's middle name(like I just did) is proper usage as it is his REAL name. Why is using his REAL name any more wrong than butchering one?

If you have always used Middle names, continue on, but I'll take a chance and say you're FOS.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Did you have a point?

If you have always used Middle names, continue on, but I'll take a chance and say you're FOS.

I have for quite some time. BHO, Obamarama, etc. It's only recently been an issue to some people here.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: alphatarget1

Topic Title: Why are Obama supporters ashamed of his middle name?

We're not. We're ashamed of jackasses like you who continue your malicious attempts to raise the paranoia level among the uninformed and the stupid by repeatedly raising a false association of his name and Saddam Hussein.

Get over your dumbass self. Barrack Hussein Obama was born in 1961, decades before Saddam Hussein's name was on any American citizen's radar as an enemy, and at the time, he really didn't have much say about the name his parents gave him.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Funny how nobody mentions McCain's middle name but everybody is in a tizzy about Barack's. Diversion no doubt.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Hell they are a lot more comfortable with his middle names than McSame supporters are having McSame associated with Bush. And just imagine the NeoCons, they must really hate it because deep down inside they still love Bush but know that McCain being so closely associated with Bush is not going to be good for McCain at all.

Anyway those who have a Problem with people using Obamas middle initial better get use to it because when he's elected the Press is going to us it. No way are they going to just use his first and last. Can you imagine the Headlines "BO Wins". Nah that won't fly.

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm not ashamed of Barack Obama's middle name. I'm ashamed of asinine Americans who are so stupid that they try to silence any discussion on this moronic war, and who judge people on their names rather than their actions.

I am DISGUSTED by those people, and I'm beginning to think there are far many more of them than I first thought.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I don't think it's shame. I think it has to do with the fact that ignorant people (who can still vote, btw) tend to associate anyone with the name Hussein as being 'bad', and Obama supporters understand this.

I also think that some 'righties' understand this as well, and insist on using Obamas middle name. I find it amusing that they feign innocence when it's so obvious what their intentions are for using it.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I couldn't care less if his full name was Barack Hitler Saddam Hussein Mussolini Stalin Obama. I don't really take objection to people using his middle name either, because it just reflects the immaturity on the person that tries to use it in a pejorative sense. No one that would ever think of supporting Obama in the first place would give credence to silly superficialities, imo.

Furthermore, I find all of the pejorative names given to politicians silly and immature. Billary, McSame, Hitlery, etc.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
It's pretty disgusting that some of the people here have made it an issue. No, not the people who are "ashamed" of his middle name - I mean the people who use it to remind people at every turn possible that Senator Obama isn't coloured lily white. Don't think that people don't see right through you on this.