Why are my Temps like this? (Noob) CPUID normal?

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Just got my Motherboard back today from RMA and I can tell is way better than it was before. I actually asked for a replacement is irrelevant but even the LED on the IO shield is brighter with the replacement and functionality feels overall smoother and quicker.

I just installed my Cyrorig M9i on my i7 6700K (NO Overclock) but my temperatures seem out of order? I thought temperatures were meant to be 5 degrees different on CPUID.

This was after gaming on COD for 10 minutes. Not high or in danger this is a great Little Cooler, sure beats Stock intel cooler but do these temps look normal? One is higher than the other ones.

Capture.png

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Really? Awesome! this is after Real Bench 2.54 Stress Test for 15 Minutes. i7 6700K using Cyrorig M9i everything at default/stock this looks normal too right? (Max)

What is best software to Read Temps and to Stress test CPU?

Thanks

Capture.png

Yuriman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2004
Most software works fine. I like CoreTemp, but that's probably because it's been around for years, and I've been using it for years.

Max temp for your chip is 100c. Many laptops allow the CPU to run very close to this, and CPU failure is still exceedingly rare. That probably changes if you start adding voltage/clockspeed, but I wouldn't worry about seeing 80-85c in a stress test.

Reactions: EpicSurvivor

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Most software works fine. I like CoreTemp, but that's probably because it's been around for years, and I've been using it for years.

Max temp for your chip is 100c. Many laptops allow the CPU to run very close to this, and CPU failure is still exceedingly rare. That probably changes if you start adding voltage/clockspeed, but I wouldn't worry about seeing 80-85c in a stress test.

Excellent! This Cryorig M9i is great little cooler. Great upgrade if you don't plan to Overclock yet but don't want to use Intel Stock cooler.

I also got a new BIOS update (F21) which lowers the Vcore voltage it was a kaby lake error with F20 (Current) BIOS. I am thinking I might just undervolt and get it to 1.20 which I've done before with this MoBo. That should lower my Temperature at least another 10c if not 15c.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
This is great! very satisfied. This is after Undervolting. Vcore Voltage was being set to 1.34 by Default.

Undervolting_-0.115_V.png