Why are "cole haans" so $$$???

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Dude, I used to buy those shoes a looooong time ago. I didn't think people still wore those. Cole-Haans are waaaaay overpriced and not to mention crappy shoes. My soles would wear out fast as hell.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
You would think for that much, they would come in different width sizes.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
I was looking at their dress shoes and for sneakers I think $140 would be a waste...personally I prefer Johnston and Murphy dress shoes and either Reebok, Nike or New Balance for sneakers.

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
I actually work with them. Thier dress shoes are rather nice but too rich for my blood. They used to have a pair of Alligator skin driving mocks that were over $1K

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
For sneakers, if it's not Nike, I don't buy it. Especially at $140.

No offense either, but those are the fruitiest looking 'sneakers' I've ever seen in my life.

gregshin

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2000
Originally posted by: murphy55d

No offense either, but those are the fruitiest looking 'sneakers' I've ever seen in my life.

no offense taken...but you probably have no style

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
I now believe that Nike has some of the worst atheletic shoes on the market; styling and comfort. I used to love Nike, but I suppose starting five years ago they just seem to be going downhill.

I love my Johnston and Murphy dress shoes, they are comfortable beyond belief; for $175 or so they better be, but I have had expensive dress shoes by others (Floresheim) which have been nowhere as comfy. For running shoes I have gone to New Balance and haven't looked back.
I need to get a new pair because they fit so well and are so comfortable I have been wearing them too much.

MisfitsFiend

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2001

Actually cole haan has a deal with nike, and the "sneakers" more like dock shoes have the nike swoosh on them. Wanted to buy a pair because they were really cute, but then I saw the nike association, and put them down.
mf

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Babbles
I now believe that Nike has some of the worst atheletic shoes on the market; styling and comfort. I used to love Nike, but I suppose starting five years ago they just seem to be going downhill.

I love my Johnston and Murphy dress shoes, they are comfortable beyond belief; for $175 or so they better be, but I have had expensive dress shoes by others (Floresheim) which have been nowhere as comfy. For running shoes I have gone to New Balance and haven't looked back.
I need to get a new pair because they fit so well and are so comfortable I have been wearing them too much.

The problem with Johnston and Murphy is that you have to spend $170 at least to get a good shoe from them, I got mine for $130 on sale...but if you buy from the "Factory" store, or a pair from Macy's that are made in china be prepaired to have them fall apart in a few months...I have had two pairs of their lower cost shoes just fall apart for no good reason on me, their italian shoes and such are seemingly good though, but I will say that all of their shoes are rather comfortable...

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Well I wouldn't buy them but they look nice. Diesel makes better looking shoes for cheaper.

Originally posted by: murphy55d

At least they don't look like you shot some poor ghetto kid to get them.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
They make some decent shoes, and they're quite comfortable, but they're "old people" shoes ;) :D

gregshin

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2000
best shoes i've bought were from spain called bunkers for $110. Awesome craftsmanship, leather was good and soft, awesome fit. Not too many people know that spain and italy are considered the best shoemakers next i would have to say brazil. but when i see cole haan shoes i dont see anything speical about em...just more expensive florshiems

crt1530

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: MisfitsFiend

Actually cole haan has a deal with nike, and the "sneakers" more like dock shoes have the nike swoosh on them. Wanted to buy a pair because they were really cute, but then I saw the nike association, and put them down.
mf

Actually, Cole Haan is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nike.