Why are american car companies complaining?

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
I was just surfing around and came across an australian news site...got this link there

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp

American car companies are always complaining about how imports are killing the market etc etc, they closed a few plants around here and are cutting more and more jobs, meanwhile they have sh!t like this for sale in australia???????

These cars look amazing

Someone break it down for me plz

RGUN

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2005
Im guessing different emissions regulations and less stringent safety requirements allow them to produce and sell those cars their. Also, I would imagine the market is much different over their, if enough people wanted that type of car here Im sure they would be sold here, its just that everyone is happy driving an uninspiring domestic piece that everyone else has.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
australia never left v8 rwd cars. us did.

something like that, but more complicated :p

Dec 4, 2002
That does look better than that Ford 500 or whatever. I still wouldn't buy one, but I think they might sell well here.

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
Thats odd though, I personally would love to have a Ford FPV GT-P which looks better then most cars on the road today, and certainly better then the domestic offerings. Damm the world!

SketchMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 23, 2005
Meh, all they look like are ugly tuners cars to me.

And to quote my great Uncle:

"I never went anywhere in a Ford that I couldn't walk back from."

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
55 k australian is 41 US...the GT-P is a nice ride :D and its not tuner car, thats a mean lean muscle machine :)