Why are action movie stars Republicans?

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Apparently guys like Chuck Norris, Stallone, and of course Arnie are all registered GOP's..but why? Doesn't the GOP stand for like, morals or something that would be against movie violence?

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
if i was a movie star/famous person, i would keep my political views secret for career pursposes. i personally dont see why they are so public about it.......

BUT, ted nugent would make a wicked gov

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Syringer
Apparently guys like Chuck Norris, Stallone, and of course Arnie are all registered GOP's..but why? Doesn't the GOP stand for like, morals or something that would be against movie violence?

It is normal for folks like above to push the bad guy around under the color of being a good guy... some one we all wish to emulate... put down the bad guy ... issue the white hats.... Liberals play .... China Syndrome... mickey mouse and barbarella...

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Why are all tofu-eaters, birkenstock-wearers, and communists card carrying democrats?

It just happens that way

You forgot Bruce Willis and Chalton Heston.

Yes, Nugent is fvcking awesome. I think he kills all the meat that he eats or something like that

FatJackSprat

May 16, 2003
Maybe action stars are used to working more for what they have. They have to workout to maintain their physiques and they have to train while on a movie set to seem believable. They understand that having money involves work and they don't want to see it just given away.

Other stars just sit in trailers playing xbox while they wait to come out and read a few lines. They are not used to working for money and don't understand how much taxes for social programs really effect the avg. American.

Just a personal opinion. One that is very open to attack and also not one I can readily support with any evidence, but it is still my opinion that it could be related to something like that.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Stallone a Republican? I've never heard anything from Norris which would indicate one or the other, but Stallone is about as antigun as they come.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The human being is a three brained being composed of the physical the mental and the emotional. Most people are moderately developed in only one of those areas, some in two and rarely in three. This is often described by the wise as the horse the cart and the driver. There is a further stage, when the horse the cart and the driver are functioning in harmony where the passenger may board and make a journey. Each area has a corresponding religion, the religion of the physical, the fakir, the religion of the emotional, the monk, and the religion of the thinker, yoga. To each type there is a corresponding personality type that manifests in the types of people we see. These are 1, 2, and 3. Types 4, 5, 6 and 7 are practically unknown and unimagined by the first three.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Syringer

Shoot first, ast questions later. ;)

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
The human being is a three brained being composed of the physical the mental and the emotional. Most people are moderately developed in only one of those areas, some in two and rarely in three. This is often described by the wise as the horse the cart and the driver. There is a further stage, when the horse the cart and the driver are functioning in harmony where the passenger may board and make a journey. Each area has a corresponding religion, the religion of the physical, the fakir, the religion of the emotional, the monk, and the religion of the thinker, yoga. To each type there is a corresponding personality type that manifests in the types of people we see. These are 1, 2, and 3. Types 4, 5, 6 and 7 are practically unknown and unimagined by the first three.

Wrong thread?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Wrong thread?
-------------
Wrong type. Unfortunately for you you couldn't see my hands move as I typed. Don't bother to try to figure this out. You can't see my hands.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Wrong thread?

Nah... it explains it pretty nicely.. from a much deeper perspective of reality... than "heston is a Republican"..

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Shantanu
The Democrats are perceived as a party of pussies. All real men are Republicans.

You don't see your potential... "republican" is not even the floor mat..

Konigin

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Why are all tofu-eaters, birkenstock-wearers, and communists card carrying democrats?

That completely describes my VERY liberal democrat government teacher...LOL