why am I unable to read a textbook for more than 5mins

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
try this little trick. use a notecard to "underline" the line that you are reading. I find tha ti concentrate better that way...especially when reading boring stuff ;)

MrCodeDude

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Read the outlines, then read the chapter.

http://www.course-notes.org/Outlines.htm <-- Outlines Link

Seriously, these AP US History books are extremely boring and drawn-out. My book (American Pageant) is wordy and takes two paragraphs to give me a fact. The outline is great because it eliminated the fat :) Usually, the outline should get you through the general ideas and in class it should help you expand on those things you remembered from the outline.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
I haven't even bought any books for this semester. Reading is dumb when the teacher never uses the book

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
Originally posted by: KLin
I bet alot of it has to do with your surroundings. Try and read in total quiet, or turn on some soothing music, like classical or soft pop or something.

brentman

Dec 4, 2002
I can't read ANY book for periods of longer than 5-10 minutes. I it a terribly debilitating(is that even a word?) shortcoming. It really makes reading for cert tests hard. Oh well, I guess I will continue to work around it. dam you ADD!!!