why am i having trouble regulating my body temp?

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Just recently started going back to the gym after a month long break, xmas break and all. now all of a sudden i can't keep my body temp constant, it can be 10F outside while i'm walking to class and i'll be sweating, or it's about 72F in my apt. right now and im freezing cold. wtf is going on?

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
cuz your body is repairing its self after working out, and when u work out your metoablism goes up therefore increasing your temp. Also depends on when you ate, if u just ate u will fill colder than if u hadn't ate in a while

DOgg

Corsairpro

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
outside you are moving briskly. in your apt, you aren't walking briskly, IE generating less body heat.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Use the right hand rule dude. Your right hand, choking the goose till it pukes will solve all your woes. ;)

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: PunDogg
cuz your body is repairing its self after working out, and when u work out your metoablism goes up therefore increasing your temp. Also depends on when you ate, if u just ate u will fill colder than if u hadn't ate in a while

DOgg

why would i feel colder after i eat?

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
Originally posted by: stev0
Originally posted by: PunDogg

DOgg

why would i feel colder after i eat?

Blood rushes towards your stomach to help digest the meal. This is also why you feel tired after you eat a large meal.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl
Try applying some new thermal grease. Might want to replace your fan too :p

dude... you really do need to get out more

:p

so this is normal? i've never really noticed it before and it's starting to become a pain in the ass.

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
You might want to check for dust clogging your system's fans. That can cause odd temperature fluctuations.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Just recently started going back to the gym after a month long break, xmas break and all. now all of a sudden i can't keep my body temp constant, it can be 10F outside while i'm walking to class and i'll be sweating, or it's about 72F in my apt. right now and im freezing cold. wtf is going on?

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Do you have a fever?

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Do you have a fever?

5'9'' 200lbs

Jan 18, 2001
Three possibilities:

1) you are going to spontaniously combust soon

2) you are going through menopause

3) you have a thyroid problem. seek professional help.