Who's Your Terrorists Now?

Nov 17, 2019
Oh yeah ... them.

2 Charged With Plotting to Blow up Democratic Headquarters

Federal prosecutors say two California men have been charged with plotting to blow up the Democratic Party’s headquarters in the state capital.

Associated Press July 16, 2021

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Those are false-flag Antifa (because true Patriots would never actually do something like that, or at least wouldn't be caught.) Or so the rationalizing will go, thankfully I no longer see it after ditching friendface.

Reactions: Leeea

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
If a news aggregator site shows a story from AP/Reuters...a direct link is preferred. No popups, paywalls, and other bullshit. Just my two cents...

As to the story in the OP...not shocked at all. Those c*nts think they're god's enforcers.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Not sure who the OP is singling out as terrorists. In the first instance some Proud Boys, apparently serving as security for a protest, and some of whom were equipped with bats, paintball guns. armor, visible sidearms and chemical irritants, clashed with counterprotestors, some of whom who were equipped with bats, paintball guns, armor and chemical irritants. Both groups scuffled. Both groups sprayed each other. Both groups refused to obey law enforcement. Two men were arrested. No mention of the affiliation of either man. More investigations to follow.

Reactions: pcgeek11

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Portland, Oregon

Known scumbags showed up at a protest.
Portland residents showed up to tell them to fuck off.

Not too much different than what happened in Philly

The main difference is these assholes are LOOKING for a fight because that's what they are really all about. The mission statement behind Proudboys is essentially "Looking for excuses to commit gang assault because we watched fight club and love 4chan"

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Not sure who the OP is singling out as terrorists. In the first instance some Proud Boys, apparently serving as security for a protest, and some of whom were equipped with bats, paintball guns. armor, visible sidearms and chemical irritants, clashed with counterprotestors, some of whom who were equipped with bats, paintball guns, armor and chemical irritants. Both groups scuffled. Both groups sprayed each other. Both groups refused to obey law enforcement. Two men were arrested. No mention of the affiliation of either man. More investigations to follow.

You have your time line wrong.

Look at the police release:
A protest called "The Church at Planned Parenthood at 3825 Wolverine ST NE " is started prior to 6 pm, which included the proud boy "security" unit.

The counter protest seemed to have organized ad hoc and showed up in force around 6:20 pm, to protect their city and allow people to access healthcare.

The police pulled up a few minutes later (6:25?), but by then the street battle had broken out. It took additional time for the police to get the numbers on scene to deal with the escalating situation.

The important thing to me is the proud boys are not from Portland, and explicitly were denying people their right to healthcare. Also, the proud boys were armed with sidearms (firearms), which clearly implies intent to use lethal force.

Last edited:

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Only plotting, they didn't actually do anything? Won't these horrible lefties ever stop messing with peoples' free speech?

... sorry, I thought this thread could do with a hot Greenman-esque take. No doubt my impression is completely off-base since it's not Trump doing it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
According to Rob Johnson as long as it's not those BLM types everything is fine.

White people have immunity from terrorist charges

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yep. You got it right here. BOTHSIDES!

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
FWIW, I checked all the posted links to see the accompanying articles, I just figured the "terrorist" comment was about the two who were planning the bombing of the Dem HQs.

The initial link (about the Portland protests/counter-protests) seemed more a reactionary event or showing, but it was a planned event by TPB...local residents just discovered the plans seemingly at the last minute and decided to say, "Nuh uh, not in our city".

It's possible there would have been no physical conflict if counter-protestors had never shown up, but I wouldn't call that 'both sides'. The intention was likely to try to prevent anyone seeking to visit the clinic from being harassed by the ProudBoys clowns...it just got out of hand when tensions broke into physicality.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
The LoudmouthBoiz should have been formally designated long ago.

I have no argument with that. I have no tolerance for their beliefs and think they are a big, black blight on our country. But... in this case both groups came to the demonstration outfitted for violence. Both groups were prepared for violence. Both groups engaged in the violence. So I don't believe branding just one of them terrorists is accurate nor does it further your cause. There are plenty of occasions for which they can take the blame. I just don't think this one of those.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I have no argument with that. I have no tolerance for their beliefs and think they are a big, black blight on our country. But... in this case both groups came to the demonstration outfitted for violence. Both groups were prepared for violence. Both groups engaged in the violence. So I don't believe branding just one of them terrorists is accurate nor does it further your cause. There are plenty of occasions for which they can take the blame. I just don't think this one of those.
So you would have been happier if they brought a knife to a gunfight?

Nov 17, 2019
" His attorney admits his client is in serious trouble, but said Friday that the alleged plot was nothing more than drunken talk between two buddies inflamed by the defeat of former president Donald Trump."

" “I want to blow up a democrat building bad,” Rogers wrote, according to the indictment, to which Copeland responded, “I agree” and “Plan attack.”

“Let’s see what happens after the 20th we go to war,” Rogers wrote, which prosecutors said meant they intended to begin acts of violence after President Joe Biden was inaugurated on Jan. 20.

“Heads must be taken,” Copeland wrote at one point, according to the court documents. “I don’t like to think it but I think we will have to die for what we believe in.”

In November, prosecutors say Rogers used an encrypted messaging application to tell Copeland that he would “hit the enemy in the mouth” by using Molotov cocktails and gasoline to attack targets including the Governor’s Mansion and the state party headquarters."

Check out some of the excuses the mouthpiece is making in the article.

Reactions: Leeea

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
" His attorney admits his client is in serious trouble, but said Friday that the alleged plot was nothing more than drunken talk between two buddies inflamed by the defeat of former president Donald Trump."

" “I want to blow up a democrat building bad,” Rogers wrote, according to the indictment, to which Copeland responded, “I agree” and “Plan attack.”

“Let’s see what happens after the 20th we go to war,” Rogers wrote, which prosecutors said meant they intended to begin acts of violence after President Joe Biden was inaugurated on Jan. 20.

“Heads must be taken,” Copeland wrote at one point, according to the court documents. “I don’t like to think it but I think we will have to die for what we believe in.”

In November, prosecutors say Rogers used an encrypted messaging application to tell Copeland that he would “hit the enemy in the mouth” by using Molotov cocktails and gasoline to attack targets including the Governor’s Mansion and the state party headquarters."

Check out some of the excuses the mouthpiece is making in the article.

Death Penalty. I think the dems should start just playing like the Repugs. Death by firing squad for treason.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Death Penalty. I think the dems should start just playing like the Repugs. Death by firing squad for treason.
It wouldn't end well for Dems if we go down that road. Ammo plants will need to start running 24/7 to keep up with demand.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
It wouldn't end well for Dems if we go down that road. Ammo plants will need to start running 24/7 to keep up with demand.
You cavemen already lost one war, give it a go. Though this time I'd say let the fucking regressive red States secede and don't let the door hit you on the way out. We truly don't need you in the union anymore.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
According to Rob Johnson as long as it's not those BLM types everything is fine.

White people have immunity from terrorist charges
I was engaged in rhetoric. Looks like I was spot on...
Agents also seized a “white privilege card” that looks like a credit card. “Trumps Everything” it says beneath the label, with the number 0045 repeated as a credit card number signaling the 45th U.S. president. “Scott Free” is listed as the cardholder, a member from “birth” through “death.”

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'll bet you 2-1 your reaction wouldn't be as forgiving if the terrorist's were dark skinned Muslims

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Aren't you the poster who says being a liberal should be a crime punishable by death?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'll bet you 2-1 your reaction wouldn't be as forgiving if the terrorist's were dark skinned Muslims
His reaction is that antifa started the violence by bloodying the Proud Boys' knuckles with their faces.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
How about just YOU go down that road, and don't come back?
The nation will be a better place, and less oxygen will be wasted. Nothing of value would be lost.