Who's into muscle cars?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CFster

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
Car

Engine

1964 Dodge Polara 500

Original 383 rebuilt with Edelbrock Aluminum heads, Performer RPM intake and Demon 750 carb - engine dynoed at 449hp and 478ft/lbs torque. Makes over 400ft/lbs torque from 3000rpm to 6000+. Does this running 89 octane or better fuel.
TTI Aluminized headers going into TTI 3" dual exhaust with an H-pipe. Spintech mufflers.
Griffin aluminum radiator with dual Spal 10" puller fans
March serpentine pulley setup.
FBO systems ignition system with pre-curved distributor.
Keisler Tremec TKO-600 5spd transmission with hydraulic clutch
Reilly Motorsports full front K-frame and suspension with coil-over shocks, rack and pinion steering
Wilwood 12.19" disc brakes front - with 4 piston calipers, TSM 11" disc brakes rear
Custom backspaced American Racing Torque Thrust II wheels.
"Dr. Diff" 8 3/4" 741 case rear with 3.55 Suregrip gears
Firmfeel rear swaybar
Full Dynomatted interior

Future projects are:

Install Vintage Air system
Install HID conversion

It's different, which is what makes it kind of cool in my book. I go to the car shows and it always turns heads - especially when it's parked next to two dozen Camaros, Chevelles and Mustangs. One of the things that makes it special is that it's first year that Dodge had factory drag racing - a couple of Dodge engineers decided to go drag racing and became known as the "Ramchargers". In case any of you were wondering where that name came from.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Shooter308
I've got a 66 GTO that my uncle had since '73. It's a daily driver and I really enjoy driving and cruising in it.

What are some rides others have here?

401 Tri-Power, 4sp, I hope? :D

CFster

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
I've got a 66 GTO that my uncle had since '73. It's a daily driver and I really enjoy driving and cruising in it.

You mean 400, not 401. And they weren't available until 67. The 66s had 389s.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CFster

Oh, a purist here. Well, it could, and was being done. Ever heard of boring and stroking? I owned a 66 ragtop, which came with a 389, but was bored and stroked to a 426, but rather than running the favored 3 x 2bbl rochesters, I had an Offenhauser 2x4, with 650cfm Carter AFB's. I took 2 pink slips from 2 people with Chevelle SS 396's. Wanna play? :) ;)

CFster

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
Originally posted by: CFster

Oh, a purist here. Well, it could, and was being done. Ever heard of boring and stroking? I owned a 66 ragtop, which came with a 389, but was bored and stroked to a 426, but rather than running the favored 3 x 2bbl rochesters, I had an Offenhauser 2x4, with 650cfm Carter AFB's. I took 2 pink slips from 2 people with Chevelle SS 396's. Wanna play? :) ;)

No combination of boring and stroking a 400 or 389 will yield 401 cubic inches.

And sure, my Dodge will have your 66 for lunch lol.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: I Saw OJ
Current car is an '03 Mustang Cobra, pretty much the epitome of a modern day muscle car.

Last car was a '94 Z28 with some mild heads and cam work done, it was loud, noisy, cold in the winter, hot in the summer and smelled like exhaust all the time, but I loved it.

Love that "terminator" but the 07 Shelby is the Epitomy! 500hp stock..

replace the supercharger with the twin turbo setup from the "Joe's Ford GT" 1013 hp kit and you have a 1013 hp Shelby same engine.. same kit.. apparntly its already been done once but the shelby body doesnt handle the HP as well as the GT so they have to tone it down with less boost to 800 hp..

I have a Vortech S trim powered 95 GT vert.. only a 13 second car.. but plenty of fun.. and thats what matters to me.

melchoir

Nov 3, 2002
1998 Pontiac Trans Am.

Currently enjoying 12s in the 1/4.

It's pretty, it's loud, and it's reasonably fast.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I had a V8 67 Mustang Coupe. I miss that car... :(

My dream car is a 69/70 Boss 302 in Grabber Blue, but I'd settle for Ronstang's GT350H.

AbsolutDealage

Platinum Member
Dec 20, 2002
I have always wanted to get a 70 chevelle into my garage... hopefully I'll be able to swing it someday.

For now, I have the 53 ford coupe that I picked up for basically nothing. Driveable, but still needs a bunch of work to turn heads.

Oh, and I have my 06 mustang, but that's not muscle either.

BabaBooey

Lifer
Jan 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Originally posted by: RedArmy
Originally posted by: Gilligansdingy
Finally a thread where men arent affraid to admit they have small penis's.

Was that a joke or were you just being stupid?

Who cares what simpletons like him think. He is likely another small minded liberal douche with nothing in his life to enjoy.

I think it is rather obvious where I stand on the issue.

Sounds about right..:laugh:

Well allthough not a true ol skool muscle but I ride a 93 supercharged SSE bonneville and it does what I need it to and still get comfort and good gas milage ( as long as I keep the pedal off the floor) ..:D

JRich

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2005
I had a '74 Malibu that I put a 310HP 355ci motor into. Those were some fun times. Sadly, that car is gone and now I'm looking for a '69 Chevelle/Malibu to work on.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Call it what you will, but my daily driver is a 400HP 6-speed RWD Pontiac. Muscle car, sports car, whatever you wanna name it, it is fast and fun :D Pics in sig. Got window tint on it so far, a cat-back is the only semi-performance mod in the near future.

My gf bought a 92 Camaro RS B4C (police package): 350 V8, 4-speed auto, Positraction, and a whole mess of small issues. Wiring in the engine bay was a mess, several sensors needed to be replaced, sway bar bushings & end links, new struts/shocks, new rear springs, new steering box (to fix excess play in existing box), and still has an issue where it won't turn cooling fan on. For now just wired cooling fan so it turns on with ignition. Had some body damage to the roof and general exterior dis-repair: sent it off to the body shop a couple months ago and it is coming back this weekend. Change color from white to black, fix damage, new windshield (old was cracked), new weather stripping, new fiberglass *real* Ram Air hood (late-model TransAm style), and other little detalis.

http://pics.apartment808.com/users/fbrdphreak/b4c_3.jpg
http://pics.apartment808.com/users/fbrdphreak/b4c_4.jpg
http://pics.apartment808.com/users/fbrdphreak/b4c_5.jpg

Have black leather seats from a 4th gen Z28 and black vinyl door panels waiting for it, gonna convert rest of interior to black eventually.

The car will look somewhat like this when it's done:
http://pics.apartment808.com/users/fbrdphreak/blackz28.jpg
Same hood, different front fog lights, no bowtie, factory wheels.

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
2000 Mustang GT with 5 spd signing in here.

Its a pony car really, not a muscle car but it will still run into the 14s.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I don't have a musclecar, but I am restifying my 1979 Chrysler Lebaron coup.

marulee

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2006

My ride is a bus dude.

Shooter308

Oct 29, 2006
And sure, my Dodge will have your 66 for lunch lol.

Yeah it would right now. But if I had the money in my car that you dumped into yours, I could say the same thing about your Dodge.

But I've got you beat as in value of cars, because GTO's are worth a lot of money right now, and it keeps gettting higher in value each year.

My 389 is stock with 335hp from the factory. But with a 400 block and a stroker crank, aftermarket heads, cam, and all of the other goodies, it'll be one fast Poncho. Pontiac engines are notorious for making awesome hp and torque. Don't get my wrong, Mopar has some good engines too, as well as, Ford, and Chevy.