Who's gonna win the recall election? Place your bets

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Originally posted by: digitalsm
Arnold appears to have easily won. Exit polling shows 57% vote to recall Davis, and 47% voted for Arnold. Of course exit polling can be wrong, but I doubt its the case in this election.

How many people have voted by now? Polls are open till 8, I think. Not sure how many people will vote after work. Then there are the absentee ballots.

Current exit polling numbers are up 59% to recall Davis, 51% for Arnold, 30% Bustamante, 13% McClintock. Yes the polls are going to be open another two hours, but I doubt Bustamante can overcome such a huge margin.

One thing for sure though, Davis is done. Its just a matter of who wins on Question 2. Arnold or Bustamante, so far it looks like Arnold will easily win.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Arnold appears to have easily won. Exit polling shows 57% vote to recall Davis, and 47% voted for Arnold. Of course exit polling can be wrong, but I doubt its the case in this election.

How many people have voted by now? Polls are open till 8, I think. Not sure how many people will vote after work. Then there are the absentee ballots.

Current exit polling numbers are up 59% to recall Davis, 51% for Arnold, 30% Bustamante, 13% McClintock. Yes the polls are going to be open another two hours, but I doubt Bustamante can overcome such a huge margin.

One thing for sure though, Davis is done. Its just a matter of who wins on Question 2. Arnold or Bustamante, so far it looks like Arnold will easily win.

Actually, I think question 1 is more uncertain than question 2, which I think Arnold will win for sure.
I think most likely Arnold will be governor. Then again, I voted no on recall, yes on Arnold, so I am bound to win at least one ;)
The sad thing is the CA GOP could have spared us all this by nominating Riordan last fall. But they didn't want to settle for a moderate and nominated unelectable Simon. Now they'll get an even more liberal Arnold. Moderates just don't survive GOP primaries, so they need a no primary election like this to win.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
I hope Davis doens't get past 40% and Arnold gets 40%+, putting a big STFU to the whiners about how its unfair.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
yeah, It will take luck cause Democrats are just too sane. They'll probably act with sportsmanship and try to help Arnold out.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
yeah, It will take luck cause Democrats are just too sane. They'll probably act with sportsmanship and try to help Arnold out.

rolleye.gif

Yeah, listening to the Democrats chanting "recall, recall" during Davis' concession speech says otherwise. Partisan Democrats no doubt are already spinning their recall wheels........too bad the everyday Bob and Jane won't go along with it. You're right about one thing Moonie, it'll take a helluva lot of luck......you partisans are gonna need it!!! :D

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Davis is toast. Now we can resume what CA. is best know for....movie stars, plastic people and ah, yes, the money. ;)

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Do you people realize that the question asking if you want to recall is just a formality and doesn't actually matter? If 100% said no to recall, but Arnold still go the most votes, Arnold would still be Gov.

Just an afterthought...

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
They'll [democrats] probably act with sportsmanship and try to help Arnold out

haha..

lets see, Jesse Jackson was on tv already playing the race card, saying that there were to few voting places,
and that this disenfranchised his people...sounds like he's getting ready to file a lawsuit..

some democrat lawmaker from california legislator was on tv talking about getting a bill passed to criminalize whatever it
was that Arnold supposedly did with women

a democrat strategist was talking about starting a recall effort to get Arnold out...

yea....sportsmanship..i don't think so...

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Do you people realize that the question asking if you want to recall is just a formality and doesn't actually matter? If 100% said no to recall, but Arnold still go the most votes, Arnold would still be Gov.

Just an afterthought...

That is not true. If there were more No votes on the recall Davis would remain governor.

Funny thing is that more people voted yes to recall Davis than voted him in to office last year. He's a horrible politician/leader and I'm glad he's gone!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon

haha..

lets see, Jesse Jackson was on tv already playing the race card, saying that there were to few voting places,
and that this disenfranchised his people...sounds like he's getting ready to file a lawsuit..

some democrat lawmaker from california legislator was on tv talking about getting a bill passed to criminalize whatever it

a democrat strategist was talking about starting a recall effort to get Arnold out...

Sure the Democratic party has a few nut cases in it with the psychotic suppressed rage that infects the average Republican, but it will dampen down. Just watch. Democrats aren't any good at sustained hate. That's why the lower life forms tend to dominate. Democratic ideals can only flourish is an environment of tolerance and peace were people aren't exposed to constant fear. The modern media has eliminated any chance of that. No, we're still on the long slow slide to extinction, the mites are eating the cheese. One day it will collapse. Davis set the tone in his concession speech. Hey, even Moonbeam had only best wishes to offer Arnold. Me too. What matters is the state not winning. We're a different kind of thinking.

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
The only sure outcome is that California is going to lose!
LOL... that's the truth.

Personally, I predicted more than a year ago that Ahnold would become the gov of CA and I stand by that.

Never underestimate the power of Californian stupidity. :D

hence Grey Davis

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
The only sure outcome is that California is going to lose!
How can you say that?
This is a clear demonstration of the power of the people.
It's a great day for democracy no matter what the outcome had been.

No longer will governor's be able to just say "fvck the people, I'm already elected".
It shows that if you screw up the state badly enough, you may get your a$$ kicked out of office whether or not your term is up.

You'd think democrats(being the "party of the people") would be all in favor of the recall process. You know damn well they would be if it was a republican being recalled.

Maybe us farmers up here in the boonies they call Oregon will grab our pitchforks and tractors and drive on up to the big city to force our governor out of office.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon

haha..

LOL.
How do they think they are going to recall him when he has such high support?
I guess if you can't win the election, you try to get the liberal judges to step in and take over.

I LMAO when I read the latest allegation about Arnold.
The woman accused him of molesting her once in like 1991, then again in 1994 when SHE WORKED WITH HIM AGAIN ON ANOTHER MOVIE.
Yeah, sounds like she was really upset about it.
rolleye.gif