Who's going to win the NBA title this year?

bonk102

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
My bet on winning the NBA title this year is the San Antonio Spurs, they should have repeated last year, but fell apart due to injuries midway through the year, this however is their year again. who do the rest of you think will win this year?

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
I think it's going to a Lakers vs. Magic for the NBA title this year with the Lakers in 6. :)

I'm probably way off though.. ;)

juiio

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2000
The networks have predicted that the Spurs will win the title, based on the people exiting the arenas.

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Clippers vs. Bulls!!!!

j/k

Lakers or Spurs from the West vs I have no idea in the East.

bonk102

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
wow, you guys are quick to respond, to agree with an earlier post though, i think the magic will make it to the finals from the east, or the knicks, it's still a tossup for me there, i think the knicks have too much talent to not win it this year, well, who knows, we'll see i guess, peace all, i'm off to the bar for some rugby elections....

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
DanC
Good deal Dan! You and Russ may find that we have far more in common than the differences that kept us at arms length distance these last months of political abuse we heaved at each other.

I'm a gun toting libertarian social liberal,fiscal conservative who has just lost his way.;)

And I love trout!

Well, it could happen.....

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
gotta respect da Mavs - seriously.

We'll, maybe not the title, but were gonna end that playoff drought, g'damnit!

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
uhh nevermind, the mavs are loosing 81-48 at the end of the 3rd quarter to the grizz - looks like another lotto year :)

U2fan

Oct 12, 2000
Please not the Lakers again, who have zero teamwork.
I agree with breakit23. Portland should have won it and probably will this year,
since thay got rid of Brian Grant and got Shawn Kemp.
Spurs are a possibility though.
I think the East doesn't have much of a chance against the powerhouses in the west.

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Bling Bling,

I miss the big clutz...we loved him here in Denver:(

I say the Nuggets are are going to take it all...

When hell freezes over:| But this year...I'm thinking Jazz will get their groove on with the rest of the putz' in the league.

Paul

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Portland vs Miami with Portland winning in 5.

ps. hopefully the Grizzlies can come close to a playoff spot. :cool:

Cheers,
Aquaman

Lorax

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2000
after tonights game, looks like the spurs will take it, if they get past the blazers and lakers.

and the grizzlies are doing very well :)

bcterps

Platinum Member
Aug 31, 2000
After watching last nights game, the Spurs looked sharp! They've got a totally new team compared to the last 2 years, I think that barring injury, they can win it all. Of course we all know that the Western Conference finals are the real NBA Finals, no one from the East can beat the 3 top west teams (Lakers, Blazers, and Spurs) in a 7 game series.

I do think that Miami can make it out of the East, almost anyone can make it out of the East, its a total toss up.

--Ben