Whoopi Goldberg's Uncomfortable Question To Ann Romney (VIDEO)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 16, 1999
Governor Romney comforting a deceased soldier's mother:
"I can’t believe you haven’t returned my call," Romney said on one of the voice mail messages, according to Stephany Kern, speaking at her Westerly, Rhode Island home this past Saturday. "Here I am making a second call; I haven’t heard from you."

Mrs. Kern says that many officials, including Romney and Senators John Kerry and Ted Kennedy, left messages for her the day after her son died. She felt unable to speak to anyone in those initial days. "I didn’t listen to any of the calls," she says.

Only Romney, she says, complained in a second message that she had not called back.

"He was completely unable to understand that a mom was not going to return his phone call, and that it wasn’t a priority for me," she says. "I wasn’t being disrespectful. I was being a mom who was greeting the casket of her son coming home from war."

Kern's husband told the Boston Phoenix that he had heard Romney's second and third messages and remembers Romney saying "I'm a busy man" in one of them.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/22/mitt-romney-gold-star_n_2003530.html