WHOOOHOOO!!! Faster download speeds

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I had DSL installed about two weeks ago and was somwhat disappointed when I saw I was getting a measly 70KB/s.... I had SBC DSL previously and was used to 150 KB/s. So, I wake up this morning and downloaded a video clip (that white guy dunking) and low and behold I'm now cruising at 120KB/s.... awwww yeeeaaah. While I know this is piddly to some of your 3 mbps and up (you guys suck btw)..... It sure beats 70kb/s.

I wonder what happened? Anyone have any ideas?

Damn is it sad I'm so excited at the speed increase?

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Originally posted by: MogulMonster
I get 300KB/s.

Have fun with your DSL. :)

Have fun with the POS cable company.

DSL 4 EVAR!!!

I'm with Insight cable. It's uber reliable and 3Mb+. Why pay the same for half the speed with DSL???

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Amused
I get 300KB/s.

DSL 4 EVAR!!!

I'm with Insight cable. It's uber reliable and 3Mb+. Why pay the same for half the speed with DSL???

I just dislike cable companies. Cable internet is reliable and fast in my area, just don't like 'em.

Platinum Member
May 7, 2003
I can't wait for my DSL... Cable costs too much for me (even if it is considerably faster).

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
I get 300KB/s.

DSL 4 EVAR!!!

I just dislike cable companies. Cable internet is reliable and fast in my area, just don't like 'em.

get over yourself and double your internet speed :)

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: aRCeNiTe
I get 300KB/s.

DSL 4 EVAR!!!

Sorry. I think its like $56 a month if you don't have cable tv and that's bull. I'm not gonna get crappy @ss cable tv just to get a "deal" on the internet service. I'm sticking to DirecTV and Speakeasy.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I get 300KB/s.

DSL 4 EVAR!!!

Cool. Hey, can you start disliking oxygen?

:p

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I get 300KB/s.

DSL 4 EVAR!!!

Sorry. I think its like $56 a month if you don't have cable tv and that's bull. I'm not gonna get crappy @ss cable tv just to get a "deal" on the internet service. I'm sticking to DirecTV and Speakeasy.

That's probably with cable modem rental. You'd save 10 bucks if you buy your own.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Comcast is to expensive in my area. After the 3 months of $20, it shoots up to $50. Meanwhile I'm getting dsl for $30 a month garunteed for 1 year. (I heard all you have to do is renew to keep the price, and a better deal might come along by then.) plus there's no invisble download cap with dsl.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
.....plus there's no invisble download cap with dsl.

Wow that's retarded.

It sure does suck to be "capped" at 3mbs rather than have my line not able to support more than 1.5mbs...

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Joeyman
Comcast is to expensive in my area. After the 3 months of $20, it shoots up to $50. Meanwhile I'm getting dsl for $30 a month garunteed for 1 year. (I heard all you have to do is renew to keep the price, and a better deal might come along by then.) plus there's no invisble download cap with dsl.
Get a wireless modem and split the price with a friend. :p

EDIT: Please stay in the righthand lane. :D

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: se7enty7

Wow that's retarded.

It sure does suck to be "capped" at 3mbs rather than have my line not able to support more than 1.5mbs...

I'm talking about the supposed 30gig a month download limit comcast somtimes imposes before they kick you off they're service. The free DSL modem is also a plus :)

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Joeyman
Originally posted by: se7enty7

Wow that's retarded.

I'm talking about the supposed 30gig a month download limit comcast somtimes imposes before they kick you off they're service. The free DSL modem is also a plus :)

oh sorry..

I've never been notified of that, and I download way way way more than 30 gig a month..

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
I get 300KB/s.

DSL 4 EVAR!!!

I have SBC DSL and I get 6mb downloads. :)

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Anyone using the fiber optic internet by the hydro companies? I've used cable and DSL and DSL is far better, but i'm still wondering about other types.

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: pulse8
I get 300KB/s.

DSL 4 EVAR!!!

I have SBC DSL and I get 6mb downloads. :)

is this thread about you??? no it's not. if i had sbc dsl in my area, you can bet your ass i'd get it. he on the other hand, has sh!tty download speeds with his dsl, so therefore he should get over his "i hate cable because i'm a bad ass" attitude, and double his bandwidth, and STFU WHILE HE'S AT IT!