Whoa, WTF

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Text

Just saw this on TV. I didn't realize their propaganda campaign extended to TV commercials like the big-boy religions.

S Freud

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Text

Just saw this on TV. I didn't realize their propaganda campaign extended to TV commercials like the big-boy religions.

Yeah I saw a commercial the other night for the first time. I was sort of surprised.

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
I saw it too. I think they're trying to appeal to young people. Next we'll see it on facebook ads.

PhaZe

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 1999
I wish their site had larger font than size 5.

edit: crap, their commercial worked on me! I visited their site :(

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
I don't really know anything about the religion but I thought the commercial was pretty powerful and it has peaked my interests. So I guess it worked.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I ignore religious ads. Well, I ignore most ads, but particularly the ones for any church or religious organization. Generally speaking, you have to find truth yourself, not discover it by way of advertising.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Crono
I ignore religious ads. Well, I ignore most ads, but particularly the ones for any church or religious organization. Generally speaking, you have to find truth yourself, not discover it by way of advertising.
Heh, yeah - go before God and explain that you're only a believer because of a really clever 15 second spot on TV.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Originally posted by: Crono
Heh, yeah - go before God and explain that you're only a believer because of a really clever 15 second spot on TV.

Usually stuff done in 30 seconds is designed to play on your emotions rather than eliciting a logical response. The music, the seemingly poignant contemplation by the voice actor...it seems touching and profound at first, but it's really just a load of crap. Not that I need to tell anyone here; I don't think anyone on ATOT actually thinks scientology is the way to anything. You only have to look at the fruit of scientology to tell whether it is genuine.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Next we'll see them buying primetime network airtime to run infomercials.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
"Some try to buy it"

Doesn't Scientology require a decent investment on the part of the sucke...I mean member?

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Typical cult message, passing itself off as a religion: come join us, and belong! :roll:

Calling scientology a religion is just insulting! :disgust: