WHOA: Abbas says the new coalition government will recognize Israel

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
So, have any of those "plans" been implemented, or were they all just thoughts and ideas, or some notes in a diary?
On the other hand, Arabs have been saying that they want to throw the Jews into the sea, and have tried to do so ever since 1948, by initiating full blown wars in 1948, 1967, and 1973.

And again you ignored the rest of my post.
How typical of you: trying to divert the focus from evidence that shows that Palestinians left at the behest of the Arab League.

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Originally posted by: Aimster
Islam has nothing to do with the current conflict ....

Wrong, it had nothing to do with the PLO maybe, but those days are long gone. Even if the Palestinians like to make peace, there will be some Muslims madmen in the form of the Iranians, Al Qaea, Hizbullah and most importantly, Hamas, that will stir the pot.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Don't forget the extremists on our side who corrupted the PLO and empowered Hamas in a mad quest of divide and conquer to steal more land from Palestine.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
You do think you can, but only because you have been hoodwinked by charlatans who use the same arguments to steal land and resources from the Arabs as what was used against the Native American centuries before.

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
Yep, there he is comparing Israel to 1800s and pre-Colonial America again.

Go away, troll. Learn something about the Middle East and get back to us when you have a clue.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
How about you try replying to my previous responce to you from the last time you took issue with my position instead of trolling out your same ignorant argument again:
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
I didn't say anything about beads, and what the hell do you mean by "jew gold"? I'm not joking though, you can't rightly coexist with people as you are running them off their land, be it in the Middle East or in the Americas. Besides, many British considered the colonization of the Americas as them founding "New Israel" and justified their conquests over the Natives with biblical quotes referring to Canaanites. Here is a bit of a summery on the subject which might help put the comparison in perspective, "Native Americans and John Wesley".

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
There is no apologizing for terrorism, but punishing the whole nation regardless of why many of them voted for Hamas and along with the many who didn't is downright abhorrent as well.

You reap what you sow.

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
How about you try replying to my previous responce to you from the last time you took issue with my position instead of trolling out your same ignorant argument again:
I didn't say anything about beads, and what the hell do you mean by "jew gold"? I'm not joking though, you can't rightly coexist with people as you are running them off their land, be it in the Middle East or in the Americas. Besides, many British considered the colonization of the Americas as them founding "New Israel" and justified their conquests over the Natives with biblical quotes referring to Canaanites. Here is a bit of a summery on the subject which might help put the comparison in perspective, "Native Americans and John Wesley".

What am I responding to? You are still clearly trying to link the British treatment of Native Americans with Israeli treatment of Palestinians.

The British, the Spanish, all the colonizers hoodwinked Native Americans by buying their land for trinkets and shiny bits of gold. Native Americans didn't understand the value of 'land', because no one 'owned' land back then. They also butchered them by the tens of thousands just because they were in their way.

Jews and future Israelis bought land legally from the Arabs. They came in droves and bought more and more land the Arabs were more than happy to sell. Pretty soon, there were a very large number of Jews living legally in the land we like to call Palestine, even though it was never officially a state. The Arabs even imposed a quota as to how many Jews could enter, because understandably they didn't want there to be enough Jews in the same place to take power. No Arabs or Jews were slaughtered by the tens of thousands, no Arabs were hoodwinked by those tricky Jews.

It is intellectually insulting for you to even TRY to make a comparison of 1500 and 1600 and 1800s America to Israel. Like I said, go away and come back when you have a clue as to what you are speaking of.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006

Hahahahahahahaahaa :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You show me an old picture that someone inserted some text across the top as proof of something?
Someone could've easily written "People leaving in droves ahead of alien starship attack".
We've seen that kind of pictures last year before the hurricanes struck -- perhaps all those people from New Orleans and Texas were pushed out by the Jews as well? :roll:

I'll (again) point to a British Police Report from the end of April 1948, and quote the following:
Evacuation was still going on yesterday and several trips were made by 'Z' craft to Acre. Roads too, were crowded with people leaving Haifa with all their belongings. At a meeting yesterday afternoon Arab leaders reiterated their determination to evacuate the entire Arab population and they have been given the loan of ten 3-ton military trucks as from this morning to assist the evacuation.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Aisengard

What am I responding to? You are still clearly trying to link the British treatment of Native Americans with Israeli treatment of Palestinians.

The British, the Spanish, all the colonizers hoodwinked Native Americans by buying their land for trinkets and shiny bits of gold. Native Americans didn't understand the value of 'land', because no one 'owned' land back then. They also butchered them by the tens of thousands just because they were in their way.

Jews and future Israelis bought land legally from the Arabs. They came in droves and bought more and more land the Arabs were more than happy to sell. Pretty soon, there were a very large number of Jews living legally in the land we like to call Palestine, even though it was never officially a state. The Arabs even imposed a quota as to how many Jews could enter, because understandably they didn't want there to be enough Jews in the same place to take power. No Arabs or Jews were slaughtered by the tens of thousands, no Arabs were hoodwinked by those tricky Jews.

It is intellectually insulting for you to even TRY to make a comparison of 1500 and 1600 and 1800s America to Israel. Like I said, go away and come back when you have a clue as to what you are speaking of.
I"m pointing out colonialist expansion for what it is, 'we are doing it better than they did' does nothing to change that. As buying land, some was purchased, much wasn't.

and, dna a bit more for you.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
I do notice that you still have nothing to say about what Khaled al-Azm said, nor do you comment on the police report.

All you do is keep pointing to this articles full or rhetoric, with the last one having a picture, where the absence of men is attributed to their supposed internment; given the situation at the time, they were more likely part of an armed forced, and that's why they were not with their women and children, but "concentration camp" obviously sounds better.

You keep babbel about stolen land, when in fact nothing was "stolen" until after the war 1948.
You keep babbel about colonialism, when in fact the Zionist were not the messengers of any foreign power, nor were subject to one, hence they were not forming a colony, like the British were in North America.

Pointing to events that happened right before the war 1948 broke out does not prove much; at that point -- after the Arabs had made their intentions clear -- you couldn't expect the Jews to sit idely, and wait for the oncoming onslaught, as they knew that Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, and Iraq would attack at the moment that the the British depart. They had plenty of preparation of what was to come from past attacks and riots.

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
Originally posted by: Aisengard

I"m pointing out colonialist expansion for what it is, 'we are doing it better than they did' does nothing to change that. As buying land, some was purchased, much wasn't.

and, dna a bit more for you.

In fact, it's nothing at all like colonialist expansion that the British did. This so-called 'colonialist expansion' happened only after all the Arabs declared war on Israel. You seem to be putting no blame at all on the enablers of this situation, namely Egypt, Syrai, Jordan, even Lebanon and Iraq attacked Israel in 1948. Here's a Wikipedia article nicely summing up this conflict. Maybe then you'll see what really was going on, instead of your deluded Evil Jewish Massacres fantasy.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: AisengardIn fact, it's nothing at all like colonialist expansion that the British did. This so-called 'colonialist expansion' happened only after all the Arabs declared war on Israel. You seem to be putting no blame at all on the enablers of this situation, namely Egypt, Syrai, Jordan, even Lebanon and Iraq attacked Israel in 1948. Here's a Wikipedia article nicely summing up this conflict. Maybe then you'll see what really was going on, instead of your deluded Evil Jewish Massacres fantasy.
According to some, if the Jews were not there and irrating the Arabs, there would be no conflict.

After all, why should the Arabs honor their treaty and committments to the Jews, world and to their fellow Palestinian Arabs.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
That is basicly how Ze'ev Jabotinsky put it:

Zionist colonisation must either stop, or else proceed regardless of the native population. Which means that it can proceed and develop only under the protection of a power that is independent of the native population ? behind an iron wall, which the native population cannot breach.

That is our Arab policy; not what we should be, but what it actually is, whether we admit it or not. What need, otherwise, of the Balfour Declaration? Or of the Mandate? Their value to us is that outside Power has undertaken to create in the country such conditions of administration and security that if the native population should desire to hinder our work, they will find it impossible.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Are you ever going to address the material I provided, or will you continue avoiding it like a coward?

EDIT: btw, you keep posting quotes and links to what people thought, or wrote in their diary; the problem you have is that you haven't proven colonization, and, in fact, the extra information on the page you linked to clearly mentions that the British were not too fond of the Jews operating their own defense force, so it was a little bit hard to "colonize" anything, while the ruling power wasn't relly supporting you.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
I posted my response, sorry if you are too much of a moron to understand it, and that goes for useage of the term "colony" as well.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Posting a bazillion links is not a response, and like the others said, the Arabs were not given beads for their lands, nor were kicked off it.

All you do is attempt to claim land was stolen by pointing out to the situation after the 1948 war; well, wars tend to upset the status quo, and in this case, those who started the war, are "wailing and moaning" about the outcome.

Neverthelss, it's good to finally see that you're full of B.S., since once someone challenges you, you simply fold.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
If that was the status quo (the numbers look a bit suspicious), then it was upset by a war started by the Arabs.

What exactly is the lie here? That the Arabs started a war they lost? That they called upon the Palestinians to leave ahead of the war?

Like I said: sore losers....

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
The numbers are from official British documents, and contrary to your lie it was that land being stolen which started the 1948 war. That problem remains as Israel continues taking land and perpetuating the response to this contenting expropriation of land, effectively colonizing into what little is left of Palestine like a bunch of sore winners to this very day.

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
Remember folks, it's always Israel's fault. Even when the Arabs start it, like in 1948.

Snowman, you are the first person I've ever heard to say the 1948 war was Israel's fault (outside of the nutjobs who say Israel existing caused the 1948 war, and thus it is Israel's fault...though I don't doubt you're one of them). Stop the insanity and admit it, Arabs have caused and continue to cause the suffering of Palestinians!

If Hamas dropped its speil about destroying Israel, there would finally be peace, and the Palestinian government would get its tax money. Not saying there'd be prosperity, because the incompetents there have shown that they can't govern an ant colony, but at least there'd be the groundwork for the possibility of prosperity to exist.