• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

WHOA: Abbas says the new coalition government will recognize Israel

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
1,755
0
0
Heh, what a quack indeed -- he has yet to prove any theft, and all he points at is the change in land ownership following a war; that's what happend after 1948, and then it happened again in 1967. Arabs wanted to push the Jews into the sea in 1948, and again in 1967, and as a consequence the Palestinians suffered.

Like I said earlier: wars tend to upset the status quo, so if you might not like the outcome, don't start one. If you do start one, don't bitch about the result like you do now, since that really is the definition of a sore loser. (unlike your lame attempt with "sore winner")
 

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
13,929
1
81
This is just a gimmick. The Middle East is filled with Gimmicks.
 

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
9,396
0
0
Originally posted by: Aisengard
Remember folks, it's always Israel's fault. Even when the Arabs start it, like in 1948.

Snowman, you are the first person I've ever heard to say the 1948 war was Israel's fault (outside of the nutjobs who say Israel existing caused the 1948 war, and thus it is Israel's fault...though I don't doubt you're one of them). Stop the insanity and admit it, Arabs have caused and continue to cause the suffering of Palestinians!
I freely admit that various Arabs have caused suffering of Palestinians, that does nothing to absolve the rest of who have our hands in that suffering though. And if I am the first you ever heard say that the 1948 was was caused by Israel coming into existence it is only because you haven't been listening; as I've already quoted in this thread, Jabotinsky was saying as much back in 1923.
Originally posted by: Aisengard
If Hamas dropped its speil about destroying Israel, there would finally be peace, and the Palestinian government would get its tax money. Not saying there'd be prosperity, because the incompetents there have shown that they can't govern an ant colony, but at least there'd be the groundwork for the possibility of prosperity to exist.
The PLO dropped its spiel about destroying Israel and that just lead to more settlements eating away their land and more occupation, and that flagrant disregard for Palestine right to exist is exactly what inspired Hamas's charter.

 

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
29,505
3,008
126
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
Originally posted by: Aisengard
Remember folks, it's always Israel's fault. Even when the Arabs start it, like in 1948.

Snowman, you are the first person I've ever heard to say the 1948 war was Israel's fault (outside of the nutjobs who say Israel existing caused the 1948 war, and thus it is Israel's fault...though I don't doubt you're one of them). Stop the insanity and admit it, Arabs have caused and continue to cause the suffering of Palestinians!
I freely admit that various Arabs have caused suffering of Palestinians, that does nothing to absolve the rest of who have our hands in that suffering though. And if I am the first you ever heard say that the 1948 was was caused by Israel coming into existence it is only because you haven't been listening; as I've already quoted in this thread, Jabotinsky was saying as much back in 1923.
Originally posted by: Aisengard
If Hamas dropped its speil about destroying Israel, there would finally be peace, and the Palestinian government would get its tax money. Not saying there'd be prosperity, because the incompetents there have shown that they can't govern an ant colony, but at least there'd be the groundwork for the possibility of prosperity to exist.
The PLO dropped its spiel about destroying Israel and that just lead to more settlements eating away their land and more occupation, and that flagrant disregard for Palestine right to exist is exactly what inspired Hamas's charter.
Beggars cannot be choosers.

Either Hamas does what is required to be peaceful and accepted, or their people suffer with them for allowing their countrymen to wage war.
 

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
9,396
0
0
Palestinians have been suffering for decades before Hamas ever existed and before most Palestinians was even born, and as long as Israel continues stealing land then war is forced on the whether they like it or not. Check out this article from Time, "Why Hamas Resists Recognizing Israel".
 

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
1,755
0
0
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
The PLO dropped its spiel about destroying Israel and that just lead to more settlements eating away their land and more occupation, and that flagrant disregard for Palestine right to exist is exactly what inspired Hamas's charter.
Dropped their spiel, eh?
You must be living in a parallel universe, and should read this.
Here's a nice little quote for you:
Former CIA Director James Woolsey said:

Arafat has been like Lucy with the football, treating the rest of the world as Charlie Brown. He and the PNC keep telling everyone they've changed the charter, without actually changing it.
 

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
42,599
4
0
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
Palestinians have been suffering for decades before Hamas ever existed and before most Palestinians was even born, and as long as Israel continues stealing land then war is forced on the whether they like it or not. Check out this article from Time, "Why Hamas Resists Recognizing Israel".
And what would have happened in the Arabs had won even one of the wars.

That would not have been considered stealing or genocide?

 

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
9,396
0
0
You can dream up as awful of horrors as you like of what others might do to you, but that doesn't justify contemning to steal their land.

And dna, yeah the PLO hasn't been able to manage a new charter, but all the same they did rule to drop the destroying Israel talk.
 

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
1,755
0
0
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
You can dream up as awful of horrors as you like of what others might do to you, but that doesn't justify contemning to steal their land.
Dream up?
Silly me, thinking all that "Push into the sea" talk of 1948, 1967, and 1973 was all words, and no action.

And dna, yeah the PLO hasn't been able to manage a new charter, but all the same they did rule to drop the destroying Israel talk.
Uh-huh....
Too bad they still supported terrorism, brainwashed kids, and incited violence.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY