Who won the GOP debate? poll results inside

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
There is plenty of that happening in places like Israel. The reason why there haven't been any shopping malls blown up is because we're taking security seriously.

Yea, Paul Blart is hard at work keeping the terrorist at bay. You have to be completely delusional to think that if someone wanted to blow up a mall they' have to get by Homeland Security first, so obviously the reason none of those targets have been attacked is because "we're taking security seriously".

There have been several plots thwarted by law enforecment like the Time Square bomber not too long ago. Just because we've stopped a lot of attacks doesn't mean there is no danger and not something we need to take seriously.

There are terrorist, but the threat is not even in the same realm of reality that some people think it is. Outside of the wars, there were more people in my High School than Americans killed by terrorist in all of history.

What governments have we toppled and put in puppet dictators. You can't say Iraq because that happened after 9/11 and the world is a better place that we did.

Wow. Seriously?

Nov 29, 2006
Feel free to point out where I said we should bomb anybody.

What we should do is take terrorism seriously as its not just a bunch of backwoods hillbillies running around talking about overthrowing the government. These are countries and governments with hundreds of millions of dollars in funding that want nothing but Americans dead. Russia and China are involved in other countries as well if not more than we are but you see no terrorist attacks on them because they would just nuke them back into the stone age. They know we wont so they fuck with us.

And I like having military bases in these areas. When you have countries that hate us and are sworn to Allah to wipe us off the map, just leaving them alone is not only a bad idea but also very naive and dangerous. If we pull all our forces out of the middle east, you think all these state sponsored terrorist groups would just say "OK, we're happy now. Live long and prosper?" Everybody thought it was a good idea to leave Hitler alone back in the 30's. How'd that work out?

And I totally, TOTALLY reject as utter bullshit the idea that we are responsible for terrorism. As much as it pains the left wing, America and her allies are the GOOD GUYS. Us along with our allies are responsible for increasing the overall global quality of life in the past century more than in all of history. We along with our allies drive the world economy, we feed the world, we protect weaker countries, when a natural disaster hits we are the first ones there to help.

Hey. Congratulations on graduationg High School. Welcome to the real world. Listen and learn.

Nov 29, 2006
So you think that these terrorists are rational people? People like the guy in Iran (not even gonna try to spell that one) stating he wants to wipe Israel off the map is rational? Israel has been negotiating with Palestinians for decades and gotten nowhere. A few years ago Sharon (I think) offered virtually everything Arafat had demanded and they still turned them down.

And again, I'm not saying we should go kill everybody I'm just saying that we stand ready and prepare. Pulling our entire military presence out of these countries is a mistake. We shouldn't start shit but we should stand there heavily armed telling them you fuck with us and we'll kill you. If they want to talk that's fine. I'm not against negotiations. I'm just saying have a strong military presence in place in case they don't want to negotiate.

Trust me, I hope yore right and that we can negotiate peace. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be ready for he worst.

So you'll be ok when China has bases in the US saying "We shouldn't start shit but we should stand there heavily armed telling them you fuck with us and we'll kill you. If they want to talk that's fine. I'm not against negotiations. I'm just saying have a strong military presence in place in case they don't want to negotiate" then?

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
As do most countries.

Even if everything you say is right, that is by no means a justification for 9/11.

If you and your girlfriend walk down a dark alley at night and some thugs jump you, stab you them rape your girl. Is that your fault for being in a dark alley or their fault for being murdering scum.

The 3000 civillians that were killed in the world trade center weren't toppling any governments.

I just can't comprehend somebody looking at 9/11 and thinking "gee I wonder what we did to deserve that."

No one said it's a justification of 9/11. We're just stating it's a motivation for it.

It's like if you leave your laptop on your car seat and have your doors unlocked. Someone comes to steal it. Obviously the thief isn't justified to stealing it just because you didn't lock your door, but locking your doors and keeping valuable items out of sight from your car would be a rational means to prevent it from happening it again.

Likewise, it's arguable that removing our military presence from around the world would be a rational means to building better relations with other countries in order to minimize terrorism.

-Slacker-

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2010
Why are amoebas allowed to register accounts and post on this forums? Ok, change of forum rules - any single cell organism, microscopic or macroscopic (I'm looking at you mcleoud), is hereby barred from posting in P/N.