Discussion Who won the debate?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Was it...

• Total voters

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
View attachment 31307

In P&N, you must include your own personal, written commentary in each post you make. Consider this your one complimentary ZERO point warning.

Perknose
Forum Director

I made this picture, so the commentary is in the art itself. So you take back that complimentary warning you big bully you!

Wrong place to argue about moderation.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
CNN pretty much gives the win to the fly.

Too damn many right wing Trumpists represented there. They evidently want a "repesentative" reaction, i.e. left and right, but the stench of the right is off putting. Not what I expected from CNN.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The winner was Biden. Harris was very kind to him several times.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
For those saying Harris didn’t perform 538 found otherwise with a caveat

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/harris-pence-vp-debate-poll/

Performance Policies
Candidate Good PoorGoodPoor
Pence 59.5%38.8%44.1%52.6%
Harris 69.328.761.735.6

Harris got higher marks for her performance — and her policies

That being said the caveat is it didn’t really change the polls at all. Although with Biden/Harris in the lead maintaining the lead could probably qualify as a “win”.

Reactions: Muse

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yeah, Biden/Harris had far more to lose last night than gain. They didn't give up any ground and there is very little remaining to "gain". The fly was as big of a boost than anything that was said.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Did not watch the whole thing.

What I did see was a somewhat restrained Harris beat around the bush a little but still give Pence the redheaded stepkid treatment. Pence attracted flies with his 'holy roller with shit-for-brains' vibe, offered little but revisionist history and outright lies.

She's a competent badass, he's a party before country traitor trying to lie away his dismal record of failure. Not really a legit comparison, assuming the person doing the comparison isn't a cult member anyway.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
My social media exploded. Same for chat groups I'm in. Morning news is talking about it too.

201008111451-20201008-biden-fly-swatter-product-exlarge-169.jpg

Mar 11, 2004
So from some other Twitter link it had a bunch of Tweets of various right wingers, and they're really trying to project. They're claiming that Pence destroyed Harris. Its frankly sad. Ben Shapiro looked like he just kept repeating "Kamala Harris is terrible at this." like he was trying to will it into reality.

I get its them pulling their always project power to their idiots, but its just sad when if you apply any objectivity its obvious how full of shit they're being.

Its also hilarious that they think they're projecting power while whining incessantly (they all also were whining that the media narrative was anything but how dominant Pence was).

They really need to just start wearing shirts saying "I was cucked by Donald Turmp" because of how much of a bitch he's made them. And let that settle in with the people that look up to those clowns.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I tell myself that I'm still a rational human being when I can watch last night and walk away saying both sides achieved what they wanted. Nothing was gained. Nothing was given. And not fall into a party mentality of one side crushing the other.